Craig

Rotrex VR6 Twilight Violet....NOW FOR SALE

Still persevering with this at the mo. I was seriously considering selling up and looking at the charged 4motion on ed38 as its all ready to go in a more modern shell.

id either have to sell the vr with it needing a map, or sell the charger separately and the car naturally aspirated. Not sure what id get for it all though. I did drive a standard 4mo and had mixed views, it wasn’t as engaging as the corrado but I did like the mod cons of a newer car.

So far I have spoken to United Motorsports about mapping and they advised the Phirm are the guys to use. The Phirm gave a rough quote for map/injectors etc which I am sure they will do awesome work but is out of my current price range.

Vince has been great providing quotes but the injectors he uses are out of my price range too so was wondering if I can just source some red/green tops from the u.s instead, plus it is a bit of a drive for me from here in Bournemouth?

I found c2 sold all in one packages with 4” mafs, air filters, chips and injectors to suit at a great price but these wont work on uk cars due to emission differences?

Are c2 and united motorsports related if anyone knows?

I can get a 4” maf to stop the 5v limit but the car is overfuelling as there is black soot on the exhaust but it would still need a map? Cant seem to find any 4” filters either?

So at the mo, I don’t want to sell up after coming so far but the appeal or something already worked on like the charged 4motion or a 350z is appealing? Just not sure how much money I can keep investing into an old car?? Hmm?

Ive got a 4in filter of my old VRT and I replaced it with a Jetex one so they are availabe. The C2 MAF and chip that was in my old car was really good but I did have a bit of an issue come MOT time with emissions even though the spark plugs suggested the car ran good. Keep at it.

Small update, been collecting parts for a while to finish off the charger install. Had my 312s and mk4 rears in the boot and decided to get them installed in prep for getting the car mapped

Had some trouble bleeding the brakes as has been discussed before. There is a lot more pedal travel than before but once they bite the braking force is immense :) they are certainly an improvement and don't fade after a second or two like the 280s, they just bite harder and throw you forward in your seat.

Painted them smooth gold to match the charger bracket and intake pipe :)

Standard 280s

dbf8df91.jpg

Audi TT 312s

D77D965B-3601-4900-8660-F15F3ACF9269-4999-000006616224B6AB_zps6d29e951.jpg

835F6BF8-FF5C-4DD4-A81C-647B33210256-4999-000006619421BE5E_zps1e26f522.jpg

Edited by Craig

Bought the tt calipers off of a chap on here and were already painted red and in good nick so Repainted them, bought one piece machined stainless steel 6mm washers off eBay with some high tensile longer bolts and new discs and pads. :)

hi craig i just put 312's on my c loads better should of done it years ago btw be good to catch up if you're ever about :)

So while waiting to get the car mapped at stealth I've been missing driving it so treated the inside to some tic and retrimmed the headlining and sun visors etc.

I really wanted some nice alcantara but its not cheap and As it was my first attempt at trimming I opted for some nice plush black cloth at about £40 for a 2x1m strip, just in case things didn't go to plan.

Theres a few tiny niggles but overall I'm chuffed with the results. Cost about £55 in total what with spray glue and evostick glue.

The interior has been totally transformed and I'd recommend everyone should give it a go!

7846a3a278586d8f3e67d0974a23fba5.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

aefdb0bcd9aedceadcc7fb71c4e92467.jpg

de11200d7772f29e266577e059606401.jpg

98a844d9873a4ad8d285e2e8544c35f5.jpg

c38578c1a0fa190f503372277e94375d.jpg

My handbrake cover was from another car and has never been quite as black as the surrounding trim so thought Id cover this too. Looks much better in the flesh than in the pictures. :)

cc9def9ef27c6dcac99b04f0f14abf00.jpg

I also decided to strip the plastic off of the sun visors and retrim these rather than spray them. I'm just waiting for the paint to dry on the grey plastic then I'll pop them in too.

Great results mate, well done!

She's really coming along now and how is she running?

Can you try and find a black sunroof rubber that will fit?

So managed managed to get everything ready, injectors fitted, progressive meth kit installed and relocated the filter and maf to the passengers gets wing. Limped up to stealth and finally allowed vince to work his magic.

Vince installed a new high flow fuel pump, map and unfortunately I needed a new lambda sensor as mine was non responsive. Luckily one was delivered and the end result

291bhp & 261lbs ft.

Vince has done wonders with the car and there have been a few moments I considered giving up but I'm pleased with the results.

Would just like to say a massive thanks to vince for his hard work, genuinely top bloke.

On the drive back to bournemouth I took it steady as it was wet but when I did open her up 3rd and 4th are relentless all the way to the redline. Needless to say I won't be driving it that far up the rev band all the time but it's nice to know the power doesn't suddenly drop off.

The water temp stayed constant and the oil ranged from 98c to 104c when pushed.

Vince mapped the meth kit to begin injecting at 5 psi so it's not on all the time driving slow around town but there when it's needed. He did say he was surprised how well the kit worked compared to some others available so thumbs up for the devils own progressive methanol injection kit.

Next on the cards will be just enjoying the drive, then future plans of wheels, rear bumper respray and the we shall see how the engine is coping ;)

Few pics below but having trouble trying to upload the video from you tube using my iPad??

357c7fe3e1faf2638f6beca1f3648d1f.jpg

d133ea54b173ce45365d53e4cac854a8.jpg

05dcf575f86f1eb2e09e625fac7644d1.jpg

2a7787d4cd092abf5f7c0903f45db8a9.jpg

Edited by Craig

Glad to hear you got this up and running, so what did you end up doing as a MAF solution?

And do you know what boost your hitting?

Cheers John, Vince mapped it with the Maf. Me and my mechanic relocated the maf to the passengers side behind the bumper. One reason was i didnt like the filter being so low to the floor when it was just under the carbon canister hole, risking hydrolocking the engine. The other was that at low rpm/idle the turbulence from the charger can cause the maf to hunt being so close to the charger inlet so having the maf as far away as possible alows the air to settle down before it hits the maf.

Result is a super smooth idle and even though the filter is stilll quite low, i would need to go through a substantial puddle/volume of water to suck any up. There was such a limitation of space though behind the bumper we really struggled t get the large air filter and maf in a secure location.

One bonus of going turbo is you can keep the air box/filter in the same location :)

I Think the boost was close to 10psi, i never actually asked vince what max boost we were hitting.

Had a great little catch up today with Ramsey, Jason and Owen. Spirited drive to the bakers and nice weather to top if off.

07c2544d7dd84c1f06c27f82531632d0.jpg

d2cd9215aa7111578e43302b5506aec9.jpg

20121118_134255_HDR-1.jpg

ff197a7bd6bd47ed42f54f7005710382.jpg

20121118_154845-1.jpg

5787584a1e53a23446f7a81d303f24bb.jpg

b233d147efe449e996e07fdd311f2767.jpg

Good job with the pictures craig and great to chat corrado all afternoon perfect sunny day.....

Love those porsche alloys, but then I have a thing about porsche alloys on dubs... and porsche seats... it maybe a sickness.

Yeah the pictures aren't great as photobucket has scaled them down but I'm a long way off getting the shine and finish you and rams both have in your paintwork! Stunning set of cars and both very rapid vrs, Set of rims I think has to be next on my wish list.

Had a nice time today guys, especially listening to your Charged VR! It sounded just awesome! Good to meet new faces and impressed with all your cars.

You have totally convinced me Rotrex is the way!

Ps you weren't joking about the manifold being a bitch to wrap!

Well done Craig, glad to see you got it all up & running in the end!

Cheers John, Vince mapped it with the Maf. Me and my mechanic relocated the maf to the passengers side behind the bumper. One reason was i didnt like the filter being so low to the floor when it was just under the carbon canister hole, risking hydrolocking the engine. The other was that at low rpm/idle the turbulence from the charger can cause the maf to hunt being so close to the charger inlet so having the maf as far away as possible alows the air to settle down before it hits the maf.

Result is a super smooth idle and even though the filter is stilll quite low, i would need to go through a substantial puddle/volume of water to suck any up. There was such a limitation of space though behind the bumper we really struggled t get the large air filter and maf in a secure location.

One bonus of going turbo is you can keep the air box/filter in the same location :)

I Think the boost was close to 10psi, i never actually asked vince what max boost we were hitting.

Thanks for the positive comments.

As in the separate thread, installed the small 8" sub and I'm chuffed to bits with it all

e7ca308e06a4de80c963ae4360d07efd.jpg

Also had a mini meet with the southern corrado club on Facebook, sunny weather made for some nice pics down the beach :)

27c61855d7169337339a9dc4e2bee5eb.jpg

c47037ff3f7749316a70b21147431578.jpg

81a1c15cd8d6d236b25cbdc798ebeabd.jpg

And an attempt at being arty

b87cd8b3d1590175c2e449d683b459dc.jpg

Was a great day and good to meet some new faces in the area.

Also had the decat pipe fitted friday and when on full chat I'm chuffed with the sound, it has made the exhaust note ever so slightly louder but oh so more fruity :)

Also gave the engine bay a wipe down and tidied up the engine plastics. Just ideally need a new coolant bottle now :)

99acdbd5e5315a54bc9a8099a3fe9f44.jpg

Edited by Craig

Thanks for picking me up, I can safely say that your car sounds fantastic, really impressed and when the new wheels go on it will be one mean machine.

Catch you Thursday for curry night

Looking great , bay looks nice , be great to see you guys if you come to paignton , or me n rob may be able to come up to you , both our cars could do with a good run . Rob

Brief update.

After the hassle of stripping the threads on one of my rh adapters on the way to Stanford, I managed to order some new 25mm rh adapters with steel inserts as oppose to the 20mm one i had one previously.

So i now have 17x8 rh zw1's all round with 205/40 falken ze914s with 25mm adapters. A great tyre that gives a little subtle stretch on the 8j rim.

If anyone was to run this set up in the future I'd recommend 25mm adapters all round. 20mm is too close to the suspension locking collars. If you have rolled arches then 30mm would be fine. But it all depends how low you want to go.

Managed a few pics.

As its a corrado there's always something that needs doing so feel the rear wheel bearings need replacing as there was some play when the rear wheels were on and I gave tested it for movement.

Also the brake compensator valve has decided to start leaking so that needs replacing too, so will probably take the opportunity to renew some worn rear brake lines. Credit card is not going to be happy.

Also have my eye on a new man bike as I want to get into biking but not sure I can stretch the funds that far as the car always comes first :)

Look forward to some more shows and meets

18e158ba046823d3247fb2635456b2cf.jpg

c54a2a2a074ad97ae1d064a1b167e6be.jpg

a7fd80112dcf3942342229149e2cbf19.jpg

Also the previous superleggeras will be for sale when I have a chance to give them a clean.

Nice work Craig. No wobbles I hope! The car is looking as good as it sounds!

I would go and visit Chubster and get him to check the bearings, tie rod from eBay is selling those brake compensator valves for £60 or £65. Not sure on the full spec though. You've had some wide rims on before and maybe that's stressed the bearings a bit? Maybe they just need nipped up?

Nice to see it with matching wheels, looked so funny seeing your car in the background looking like the rear wheels didn't exist!

Sorry didn't reply to your text yesterday, I was having one of those days... Chub has a brand new ramp in the workshop now also..

Have you decided what to do about the engine yet?