Sign in to follow this  
V-Dubstar

ANOTHER ding along the crease...

:roll: Well, I've found another ding on the passenger door on my rado. After the driver's side door getting a smashing upon me owning my C LESS THAN 24HRS (see my members thread!), Id say I've adopted a compulsive disorder as to everytime I go outside, even if not going out in the 'rado, I check the line of the crease on both sides to see if there's any new dings!

Anyways, today was fine. Until I got home from work and noticed a neighbours car parked quite close to mine (it's like a line of residents cars parked up next to each other at the end of a grove), so, like clockwork, I went round and had a look! Sure as day there was a new ding in the door, there already is one, and one in the wing, but this one is the most noticeable from distance so was pretty peaved off.

Waited in since 1pm on the laptop looking out the window ready for the neighbour to appear (didn't know the exact house), and when she did I confronted her about it. She instantly denied it, saying she hadn't been in her car today, etc etc and that she's really careful getting the kids out the car etc and it couldn't of been her! Im a good natured person and so instantly started apologising for any false accusation but pointed out that the door strip of her car (Vauxhall MPV) was curiously at the same level and 'swing' position that could've caused my ding. I asked her if she could just prove it by opening the door to put my mind at rest at least, but she said she didn't have the keys. By now I felt quite guilty but still quite adament (sp) that it was her car...

Anyways, she went back inside and I stayed out for a little longer, as I was walking back in she came back out with her bloke who had the keys. He said "Here we go mate, let's have a look". He's a big bloke but sound, so I didn't feel intimidated, but just wanted to clarify that I didn't mean to falsely accuse anyone. He opened the door, and sure enough, the corner end of the door strip was EXACTLY in the right position along my door, but probably about 5mm higher than the crease. I said well, thats pretty much spot on, he said not really as it was higher than my ding. Surely tho, when opening the door in the car u'd have more weight held onto the door which would lower it a little? In the end I just said OK, well apologies for accusing u, at the end of the day I don't want any agro.

What're are ur thoughts on this, from the info I've given would u say it's more than likely that car? I understand it's hard to judge without any pics lol. Thing is, im 'pretty' certain her car wasn't next to mine this morning, as I would've noticed as I knew there was a blue Micra on the other side of mine when I left and was there when I got back from work (as u can tell im pretty anal about cars being next to mine!!) I knew the Micra was an 'ok' :lol: distance from mine and that was that, if there was another car next to mine that was 'more of a danger' :lol: , I would've remembered that one more!?

Im thinking of going through a dentless paint removal company to sort the dings as there's 2 on that door now, but is it worth it!? :shrug:

Sorry, rant over :lol:

Definitely was them. The car would have been 5mm lower when laden with kids and shopping, so either she or one of the kids defo swung the door onto it.

I NEVER park next to people carriers for this very reason.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's about time insurance companies covered vandal / parking damage with a £50 excess like windscreens.

REALLY f@cks me off tho. There's nothing I can do about it as there's nowhere else to park! When I had my Dusty Mauve mk3, some of the kids decided to use the bonnet as a chalk board with a lump of chalk off the Westbury White Horse!! That was nice of them, especially as the bonnet had just been replaced and sprayed following an accident.

I could find a lock up I suppose as Im not using the car much due to having a company van, but I don't wanna have to fork out for it, or travel a distance each time I wanna go for a spin!

So annoyed right now. Cheers tho Kev didn't think about extra weight in the car, it's pretty obvious its them then. Thing is I don't wanna go knock on their door and say "excuse me, would u mind sitting in the car and then opening the door and see how it looks?" now that he's already been out. Last thing I want is bad relations with people who could then 'accidentally' damage my car another time. :bad-words:

I feel your pain mate! When I met my missus 5 years ago, I used to park outside her house in the street. Imagine my horror when waking up one morning to find the local gang of kids leaning their bikes on my car and 2 of them standing on the front bumper attempting to climb onto the bonnet :bad-words:

Typical isn't it. The one person in the street who cares about their car is the one who gets targetted :roll:

I'm not as polite / tolerant as you and I immediately went out there and told them to get the F'ck off my car. I couldn't really blame the kids but I was just so angry. And surprise surprise, the parents, who up until that point were mysteriously absent (no doubt monged out in their couches in front of Sky Sports) from the scene, suddenly appeared and grunted and swore at me. The missus had to hold me back otherwise I'd have done something I would have regretted.

They were typical Wayne / Waynetter type chav scum parents with equally chavvy and mouthy frog spawn kids. Grrrrrrr.....

I tell ya mate, moving out of town and into the country 18 months ago is the best thing I've ever done! If you can afford to do it, do it immediately! Aswell as that, there was the insessant thudding of basket balls, kids screaming and shouting all day long, constant thumping of doors etc etc. I never got a moment's peace! As you can guess, I'm not a great lover of 'people' :lol:

As for the ding, I know, it really is a fecker you can't do anything and you're too nice to pursue it, but probably for the best as you the last thing you want to do is fall out with your neighbours, that can be hell, trust me!!

Notch it down to experience mate :?

I feel your pain mate! When I met my missus 5 years ago, I used to park outside her house in the street. Imagine my horror when waking up one morning to find the local gang of kids leaning their bikes on my car and 2 of them standing on the front bumper attempting to climb onto the bonnet :bad-words:

Typical isn't it. The one person in the street who cares about their car is the one who gets targetted :roll:

I'm not as polite / tolerant as you and I immediately went out there and told them to get the F'ck off my car. I couldn't really blame the kids but I was just so angry. And surprise surprise, the parents, who up until that point were mysteriously absent (no doubt monged out in their couches in front of Sky Sports) from the scene, suddenly appeared and grunted and swore at me. The missus had to hold me back otherwise I'd have done something I would have regretted.

They were typical Wayne / Waynetter type chav scum parents with equally chavvy and mouthy frog spawn kids. Grrrrrrr.....

I tell ya mate, moving out of town and into the country 18 months ago is the best thing I've ever done! If you can afford to do it, do it immediately! Aswell as that, there was the insessant thudding of basket balls, kids screaming and shouting all day long, constant thumping of doors etc etc. I never got a moment's peace! As you can guess, I'm not a great lover of 'people' :lol:

As for the ding, I know, it really is a fecker you can't do anything and you're too nice to pursue it, but probably for the best as you the last thing you want to do is fall out with your neighbours, that can be hell, trust me!!

Notch it down to experience mate :?

Wise words from Mr Haywire - things will only get worse if you keep on at the neighbours about it. I know you said you don't really want to, but for the sake of your sanity I'd reconsider getting a garage off the council or maybe see if you can rent a space in a local industrial unit....

Mark

thats vanalism,call the police, no doubt you take much pride in your c, and scrotty kids climbing on your car would push me over the edge!!

before you go and get paint chris? i am right corra doh i would get the dent guys out , really good job on myn, the swage line was bk perfect again for 30 quid!

My heart always sinks when I come back to my car (having deliberately parked miles from anyone else) to find some huge 4x4 or family shed parked next to it. Happens every fricking time and just boils my blood! :(

Wise words from Mr Haywire - things will only get worse if you keep on at the neighbours about it. I know you said you don't really want to, but for the sake of your sanity I'd reconsider getting a garage off the council or maybe see if you can rent a space in a local industrial unit....

Mark

Yeh Im gonna look into it - just hate the idea of having to drive somewhere or walk a long distance to just take the C out for a spin when I feel like it! Id rather just shoot the neighbours and all their kids :lol:

thats vanalism,call the police, no doubt you take much pride in your c, and scrotty kids climbing on your car would push me over the edge!!

before you go and get paint chris? i am right corra doh i would get the dent guys out , really good job on myn, the swage line was bk perfect again for 30 quid!

I hear ya bud, yeh u got it right it's Chris lol! I don't fancy escalating it further with the feds, a) for it being such a small ding and b) as said I don't wanna ruin any relations tbh. I ain't gonna get paint bud, been on the phone to some PDR guys, been quoted max £65 +VAT for a panel - ain't too bad but I just can't help but feel 'why the hell should I be paying for it?!' Any recommendations for national or local PDR guys?

My heart always sinks when I come back to my car (having deliberately parked miles from anyone else) to find some huge 4x4 or family shed parked next to it. Happens every fricking time and just boils my blood! :(

I know the feeling all too well. Doesn't matter where u park or how far away from everyone else, someone always decides to park next to u! :lol: It worries me more tho as ur walking back to the car and u notice all the dents and scrapes along that persons car, and start worrying that if that's how they treat their car, how've they treated urs! :lol:

I think if and when I see the bloke (as he seemed more reasonable and understood) I'll mention to him about the height thing, and see what he says. After speaking to my GF about it who knows them slightly odds are they'll try and get out of paying any money towards it anyways. As Kev said, put it down to experience. Again.

4wds and the brainless mums who drive them are the absolute bane of my life. When i drop the kids off at school, i park a good few minutes walk away to avoid these stupid women. On top of that they storm down the road, oblivious to the fact that there are other road users and they just open their doors regardless of who is coming down teh raod. I've had to swerve violently a few times to avoid a door being ripped off! Sorry if there are any mums/ladies on the forum, but the ones aroundf our area are 'too much money, not enough brains'. There is a police presence there now, but even that doesnt seem to stop their selfish obnoxious behaviour.

You have my sympathies bud, hope it gets sorted.

I feel your pain mate, we have a football problem outside my house.

Nevermind the fact there are 2 empty pitches and a few fully open pieces of grassland they insist on playing outside our house,

Police don't do anything without evidence so we've resorted to CCTV.

My corrado ain't mint by any means, but I'll be fecked if I'll let them damage it more.

The school run is a nightmare. I pick my kids up and park in the small car park provided. Sure enough its not long before another ding appears along the crease on the drivers door :( I feel your frustration however if you catch them red handed what can be done if they deny it?

bummer mate know how you feel , ive had parkin dent so annoying. and in your own parkin area aswell!. as above i get paranoid where ever i park .......why is it when ever you have to go to asda or tesco [whatever] you go early in the morning ,find a space in the middle of nowhere ,not a car in sight ,you come back and theres a car parked next to you???!!! .they have the whole area to park in ,but no they have to stick there car next to yours :cuckoo: n your walkin towards your c thinkin please dont let there be a dent!

Waited in since 1pm on the laptop looking out the window ready for the neighbour to appear (didn't know the exact house), and when she did I confronted her about it. She instantly denied it, saying she hadn't been in her car today, etc etc and that she's really careful getting the kids out the car etc and it couldn't of been her! Im a good natured person and so instantly started apologising for any false accusation but pointed out that the door strip of her car (Vauxhall MPV) was curiously at the same level and 'swing' position that could've caused my ding. I asked her if she could just prove it by opening the door to put my mind at rest at least, but she said she didn't have the keys. By now I felt quite guilty but still quite adament (sp) that it was her car...

I've highlighted your problem areas....

Thats a pisser but paintless dent removal providing you get a decent guy doing it is amazing,

I had a crease down the swage line of my old Corrado Vr on the passenger door about 2 inches long and a depression of about 3-5mm as if a shopping trolley had run down the side of the door, guy i use who train dentmaster staff got it out so that you couldnt even see it.

Its woirth every penny, some ofthe guys will do a cash job, i know someone who will do mine for 20 quid a panel....

mate - feel for you. reckon it was deffo the car that matched the ding area.

What f#cks me off, is these people would look at us as if we had two heads when we point out a dent / dings etc, thinking ''this guy/girl is bonkers to be that worked up over such a small thing''.

However, if we were to clumsly bump into someone in a bar and spill, lets say Ribina!, on to a new suit / new dress that someone spent ages saving up for and was very fond of, we'd be asked to pay for dry cleaning I'm sure.

If in Tesco etc, I'll park sideways across 2/3 spaces, in quiet part of car park of course! I've yet to be picked up on it.

Out of curiousity, do you still have the bump strips on your car?

Yup. Toyed with taking them off before, but wouldn't want to because of the potential increase in these kind of events!