daleyboy

Some front end work...............

Good effort, i love these kind of rebuilds where people do take a little longer but treat/prep/paint every component that comes off the car if it isnt being replaced with a new one. Yes it adds to the time/cost aspect but is worth it in the long run everytime!!

dave

fantastic :salute: . did you do all the prep and coating yourself? Presumably you've got all the grit blasting and coating gear?

It was just my generator, an angle grinder and drill, with a heavy duty wire wheel (i got through 6 of them) some acid etch primer, and a friend of mine got some 2-pack paint and hardener and i brushed it on. Wish i had done my back beam with 2-pack as its much better than Hammerite

Its really hard work holding on to the angle grinder for an hour at a time, but i think it was worth it............... :wave:

Thanks lads for the comments and for looking, when im doing nothing special, like putting a bi-turbo fire breathing monster together........ :salute:

Thanks mate, the vibra technic mounts have introduced a fair bit of vibration compared with the 16 year old oe ones. I thought the exhaust was rubbing on the floor somewhere.

Anyway all done now just the 28mm nuespeed rear arb to go on with a abs sensor and she'll be ready for mot, then put the schrick on.

Six months so far working on it, i drove it round the garages where i keep it and it felt very strange as i havent driven it for 11 months i guess i'll have to learn how to drive it all over again...... :gag:

Nice work.

I'm hoping I'll have very similar pics after my trip to DG at the end of the month.

Hope you get to drive it properly soon.

Stunning work there mate :notworthy:

Could you give a few details of the bushes fitted to your wishbones please? I've just got some powdercoated ones and want to fit new bushes. Be good to hear how you got on with what you've fitted.

Thanks chaps :notworthy: , the bushes are powerflex, i dont know how they are going to be, the general consensus is the tt rear bushes, but mine is just a weekend car so harshness doesn't worry me. Time will tell i'll post up my findings anyhow........... :wave:

Got the abs sensor sorted so no more abs light, and the rear arb slotted on .................couple of bits to finish off then mot time, should be able to manage a couple of long runs before winter sets in, cant wait to drive it 11 months and counting.....

Well after 19 months of not driving it, the time has finally come. She flew through the mot without any any advisories !! i've never had a car do that before i dont think, so shes insured (performance direct on a classic 3k miles £275) mot'd and done the tax online so just waiting for the postman. It was really weird to drive, felt heavy at the front (after my alpha 145 qv) but because of the rear 28mm nuespeed bar all roll has gone, so gonna have to have a fiddle with suspension settings to get it better.............i was brickin it driving but so excited, roll on the summer............