Ben-B

Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Inception - 10/10

Amazingly clever film, one of the best I've ever seen

so.. in your opinion you will never in your life watch a more entertaining/gripping/enthralling or captivating film than "inception"...

just because a film is given 10/10 (which is what I'd give it) ....doesn't mean it can't be bettered eventually.....it's only a scoring system between 1 and 10 after all..............if it was a score between 1 and 100, i'd probably give it a 96/100 ...... not complete cinema "perfection", but really damn close to it..... besides, a truly "perfect" film doesn't exist :)[/quote:j4ie218r]

thats my point... 10 out of 10 implies perfection :wink:

ok... instead of just having a go at other peoples choices i'll make one myself

"the Science of Sleep" by Michel Gondry (2006) - 8/10 Incredibly creative, good use of animation sequences and good acting from a little known cast.

"The Day of the Jackal" by Fred Zinnemann (1973) - 7/10 True story about an atempt to assassinate Charles de Gaulle, a properly griping film ruined only by some incredibly hammy acting by secondary cast members. Although Edward Fox played his part well enough and the cinematic presentation of the locations where really very good considering the age of the film

"Breathless (À bout de souffle)" by Jean-Luc Godard (1959) - 7/10 Godard’s 1959 debut is not merely one of the defining films of the French New Wave; it is one of the handful of films, like Birth of a Nation and Citizen Kane, that genuinely changed the direction of the medium. Gritty and yet subtle most of the film takes place outside the confines of the story line and concentrates predominately on the relationship between the main two characters. In-fact, my only main criticism of the film is that the use of action sequences, (so poorly executed!) somewhat cheapens the rest of this very clever film.

All watched recently at my local independent cinema :grin:

ps Say no to drugs!

..."Office Space"...

A proper under-rated movie... written/directed by Mike "Beavis & Butthead" Judge, it borrows a lot from Douglas Coupland's 'Microserfs' novel, but still very well done. 8)

Zombieland... 8.5/10, damned good fun, but loses 1/2 point because Shaun of the Dead got there first.

Inception - 10/10

Amazingly clever film, one of the best I've ever seen

just because a film is given 10/10 (which is what I'd give it) ....doesn't mean it can't be bettered eventually.....it's only a scoring system between 1 and 10 after all..............if it was a score between 1 and 100, i'd probably give it a 96/100 ...... not complete cinema "perfection", but really damn close to it..... besides, a truly "perfect" film doesn't exist :)

thats my point... 10 out of 10 implies perfection :wink:[/quote:gcs14o9w]

but can also be read in the following way>>>

9657/1000 (which could equal when rounded) 966/1000 (could equal when rounded) 97/100 (which could equal when rounded) ..... 10/10

I don't think anyone who has seen inception would rate it as 1000/1000 :wink:

but can also be read in the following way>>>

9657/1000 (which could equal when rounded) 966/1000 (could equal when rounded) 97/100 (which could equal when rounded) ..... 10/10

I don't think anyone who has seen inception would rate it as 1000/1000 :wink:

Thats why you should never round UP! :tongue: Mind you, idealy a number should never be "rounded" at all...

What would your maths teacher say! :nono:

..."Office Space"...

A proper under-rated movie... written/directed by Mike "Beavis & Butthead" Judge, it borrows a lot from Douglas Coupland's 'Microserfs' novel, but still very well done. 8)

Zombieland... 8.5/10, damned good fun, but loses 1/2 point because Shaun of the Dead got there first.

Agree with Zombieland,how cool is Woody Harrelson 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Predators 6/10

- could just as easily have gone straight to DVD. Post pub brain out stuff that doesn't do anything that the original didn't do equally well 23yrs ago.

Just got back from watching Inception.

Absolutley blown away, the complexity of the film was amazing but still presented in an understandable way

10/10

Moon (again)

10/10 (also again 8) )

Good film more of an 8/10.............. :wave:

watchmen

an hour longer than it needed to be 5/10

watched The Running Man last night...

Arnie rocks 10/10

I agree. Classic Arnie :D

District 9 10/10. So much going on on so many different levels.

District 9 10/10. So much going on on so many different levels.

Love this film....love the way people just dont get it.... :lol:

Law Abiding Citizen - 8.5/10

Really enjoyable... I think some of the scenes were a little more horrific than they really needed to be, but good story.

Thought it was very Gotham City ish, reminded me of Batman lol

Inception 7/10

It had quite a bit of potential but seemed a little overdone and a bit of a copy of Matrix and Vanilla Sky. The inconsistencies annoyed me a lot too.

Inception 7/10

It had quite a bit of potential but seemed a little overdone and a bit of a copy of Matrix and Vanilla Sky. The inconsistencies annoyed me a lot too.

I'm guessing you typed the wrong film title next to your score ... That's the only way your comment makes sense!

Inception 7/10

I'm guessing you typed the wrong film title next to your score ... That's the only way your comment makes sense!

Haha, nope :)