Ben-B

Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

44" chest, do not watch it with anyone who hates the c**t word as john hurt says it about 300 times in the film, Ray Winston is very good in the film, just a shame its completly pants though.

3/10

Splice 8/10 Good movie that makes you think after watching dealing as it does with genetic engineering. A wee bit slow in a couple of places which I markeed it down for. Some good twists make you sit up though a few are predictable if you are paying attention.

Predators 8/10

Awesome film, but really didn't give a crap about the humans they based the story line around. However, bigger badder more awesome-er Predators???!!! Love it :grin:

Inception 10/10 - once seen never forgotten. Absolutely terrific on all levels - apparently due out on IMAX soon which would be worth seeing as the sfx are brilliant. You come away thinking wow what a film - BUT you do need to pay attentiion!

Shelter 9/10 Never heard of this until I watched it last night. Goes from psychological to horror with a great performance from Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Couple of holes in the plot but overall a very good watch.

Nosferatu. Depends how you look at it 0/10 to 10/10. I felt it was due about a 5 as the special effects are a bit primitive. (Joke)

Bought it in the £1 shop today, for a pound! A 1921 movie that was supposed to have had every print destroyed as it was basically Dracula and the film company did not have the rights to film it. All the correct names were changed, Dracula becoming Orlok, so in effect it's a pirated copy that's now legal. Nice little curio for my collection and can't complain abot the price.

I watched Toy Story 3

Was good graphics, good story and my 3 nieces loved it too. fulfilled it's purpose to entertain.

10/10

I watched Toy Story 3

Was good graphics, good story and my 3 nieces loved it too. fulfilled it's purpose to entertain.

10/10

My friend saw it at the weekend and she said she was disappointed... overhyped apparently.

I watched Toy Story 3

10/10

My friend saw it at the weekend and she said she was disappointed... overhyped apparently.

THIS is why i hate the 10 out of 10 comments.... :?

Nosferatu. Depends how you look at it 0/10 to 10/10. I felt it was due about a 5 as the special effects are a bit primitive. (Joke)

Bought it in the £1 shop today, for a pound! A 1921 movie that was supposed to have had every print destroyed as it was basically Dracula and the film company did not have the rights to film it. All the correct names were changed, Dracula becoming Orlok, so in effect it's a pirated copy that's now legal. Nice little curio for my collection and can't complain abot the price.

That sounds amazing! is it an english film? when was it made?

No squire, it's German (so duty-bound to be liked here), directed by F.W.Murnau... it should be highlighted that it's a silent flick.

For Wullie anyone that enjoyed it, there's two 'linked' movies out there: the 1979 remake, also called Nosferatu, also directed by a German (Werner Herzog) and starring one of cinema's true arch-mentalists, Klaus Kinski. The second film is an Anglo-American effort called 'Shadow of the Vampire', which brilliantly posits the idea that Max Schreck who plays Count Orlok in the original film, was actually a real vampire... bonkers, but brilliant and starring Willem Defoe as Schreck, John Malkovich as Murnau and Eddie Izzard too.

Right, s'enough from me... except:

The Hurt Locker 8/10

No squire, it's German (so duty-bound to be liked here), directed by F.W.Murnau... it should be highlighted that it's a silent flick.

For Wullie anyone that enjoyed it, there's two 'linked' movies out there: the 1979 remake, also called Nosferatu, also directed by a German (Werner Herzog) and starring one of cinema's true arch-mentalists, Klaus Kinski. The second film is an Anglo-American effort called 'Shadow of the Vampire', which brilliantly posits the idea that Max Schreck who plays Count Orlok in the original film, was actually a real vampire... bonkers, but brilliant and starring Willem Defoe as Schreck, John Malkovich as Murnau and Eddie Izzard too.

Right, s'enough from me... except:

The Hurt Locker 8/10

you know lots :notworthy:

Ha, if only my mother could see that and know that funding my film degree wasn't completely wasted :lol:

Anyway, back O/T:

For A Few Dollars More 9/10

(edit: rated up to 9 after all, 'cos it's got the best soundtrack of the any in the Dollars trilogy *awaits flame*)

Yesterday I watched Inception (9/10) and this evening I watched Toy Story 3 (9/10).

Both hugely enjoyable films. Inception was moody, exciting, visually stunning, interesting and the score was brilliant. I was enthralled from start to finish. Toy Story 3 was brilliant fun and had me laughing out loud more than so many more so called comedies have done in the last few years.. a real masterclass in how to make a film that enthralls adults and children alike.

Two of the best movies I've seen all year in the space of two days!

disturbia..........8/10 old movie sheia the beef (le beouf) good movie good story kept you interested all the way through

toy story 3....... 6/10 not really my bag some funny parts barbie /ken

not really very good with 'out of 10's' i normally rate a movie on the basis if i would see it again , and again,and again....you get the picture...

Inception 9/10

Not quite Chris Nolan's best movie but a lot better than most of the rubbish that's been released into the cinemas this year.

I used to detest DeCaprio years ago but he's matured into a versatile and quality lead. The whole cast puts in great performances, and (once again) Nolan makes a movie that required thinking and attention.

Recommended.

"One Eyed Monster" on the Horror channel the other night. 3/10, purely for the comedy value of a killer pen1s going on a rampage.

Spaceballs 10/10

Still one of my fave movies of all time. Ridiculously stupid, but very my level of humour!! :lol:

And for those of you who don't know, it's a Star Wars spoof :D

THE A-TEAM

10 out of 10 loved it, say no more :lol:

im going through a faze of recording films on my virgin box and watching them before work!

i watched transporter 2 this morning.. was very average, but some cool car bits so 6.5/10

im going through a faze of recording films on my virgin box and watching them before work!

i watched transporter 2 this morning.. was very average, but some cool car bits so 6.5/10

Which one's Transporter 2? Is that the one with the kid he drives to school etc?

Jason Statham is fully sick tbh

Pi* 10/10

* as in the numeric character. Haven't seen it for a couple of years - now remembering why I loved it so much. Superb soundtrack too :lol: