Sign in to follow this  
big ben

who has A/C

i fancy a bit of A/C in the corrado, my mrs is 10 weeks pregnant so might come in handy next year if i want to take my car...

is it easy to install? and has anyone got pics showing it in the engine bay and where the switch goes... never seen it to be honest

Ben

from what everyone says its a complete bitch to install, and from when I had a C with it fitted the controls went in the bottom space where the foglight switches are, but if you already have heated seat controls there I've also seen them bodged into the bottom of the 3 dial heater panel too, but it looked ugly.. :)

would love to have it again though!

yeah i have heated seats and will be putting my old loom and switch in very soon for this winter...

i think i will look into it a bit more, would be real nice on the 3/4 days its really hot :lol:

I had A/C, Fog lights, rear heated screen & heated seats switches together and in that order and the ABS light was moved over next to the headlight switch.

I had A/C and I have heated seats, all the controls go in the button pod to the left of the dials and as above my ABS light is next to the headlight switch.

I actually binned my air-con in favour of a big custom front mount intercooler :norty:

I've got a few aircon pumps gathering dust in the corner of my garage, never had them on my car so can't contribute a useful reply, but feel free to drop me a pm if you want one cheap

My set up is with the AC buttons to the left of the headlight switch with everything else as nature intended... Obviously being a Corrado though, it doesn't work :lol:

Mark

i realise my set up is slightly different as it is factory but would it not be feasible for people to source the control panel from the US?

aircon.jpg

dave

dont bother with a/c. My pump failed which caused me alot of problems including getting stranded in the dartford tunnel :(

Use the windows :norty

dont bother with a/c. My pump failed which caused me alot of problems including getting stranded in the dartford tunnel :(

My aircon is brilliant so far - saps power but keeps the cabin really nice and comfortable no matter how hot it is outside.

Why dont bother?, plenty of cars have Air Con and dont have pump failure.

Personally id rather not be sweating my tits off inside a car and having to get buffeted by the wind if travelling at speed especially on a long journey, if youve got kids its almost a necessity imho....

Ive fitted it to my car, got a few teething problems but i will be sorting it when i get back from Germany, i dont want to be without air con in any car now ive had it before....

Im sure your more than capable of doing it yourself!!

Its a bit of a pig, best thing is to buy a donor vehicle complete with it fitted, you can use a Mk3 Golf as long as its got the diavia kit retrofitted, its exactly the same...

That way you will know it works and that its complete and you can see how it come apart..

i fancy a bit of A/C in the corrado, my mrs is 10 weeks pregnant so might come in handy next year if i want to take my car...

is it easy to install? and has anyone got pics showing it in the engine bay and where the switch goes... never seen it to be honest

Ben

Congrats on the forthcoming son / daughter :D

You might want to check with C2 about the mapping so that the engine doesn't hiccup too badly when the magneto clutch engages.

I actually binned my air-con in favour of a big custom front mount intercooler :norty:

Good man :D Best thing to do with the A/C. I can't stand it.

Congrats on the forthcoming son / daughter :D

cheers kev!!

looks like this A/C is not going to be as easy as i first thought, what a suprise :lol:

i am starting to consider taking the ac system out of mine too, never used it in 4yrs and never really use the aircon in other cars either.

not sure whats involved in taking it off, but its no work of art to begin with, the pipes rub on the battery wires

i am starting to consider taking the ac system out of mine too, never used it in 4yrs and never really use the aircon in other cars either.

not sure whats involved in taking it off, but its no work of art to begin with, the pipes rub on the battery wires

From memory yours has never worked properly though has it?

And its down to who has fitted it as to how neat it is, mine you can hardly tell its in the bay as i took alot of time with pipe runs etc...