DarrenVR6

What's it worth thread? Mum's VR6!

went too cheap...

did we find out what your mums swapped it for ?

No I've kept this quiet !!

I'll tell you if I don't get flamed - as I had nothing to do with it.

A new Mini Cooper S !

No I've kept this quiet !!

I'll tell you if I don't get flamed - as I had nothing to do with it.

A new Mini Cooper S !

I wasn't far off was going to say 4 door mini so she can get the grandchildren in... It's the norm round here :)

LOL - yeah it was the 4 door version as well !!!!!

To be fair is is nice and bloody nippy. Not quite a 2.9 V6 though :-(

Well it was a super smooth sale!

Guy from Grimsby drove down this morning - had a look at it - started beaming from ear to ear, and transferred the money !

He is a dealer so it will be back up for sale at some point - but he was going to keep hold of it for a while - and was going to take it to the VW show in Leeds on the 14th Aug (I think)

Well it was a super smooth sale!

Guy from Grimsby drove down this morning - had a look at it - started beaming from ear to ear, and transferred the money !

He is a dealer so it will be back up for sale at some point - but he was going to keep hold of it for a while - and was going to take it to the VW show in Leeds on the 14th Aug (I think)

I'm glad the sale was a straight forward one. As far as I'm aware its the first £10K ebay auction car in a long time?

Jim will go mental if its up for sale next week for £15k :lol:

Its underpinning prices for all owners if trade are willing to buy at £10K for the best examples.

That's good to hear. I love Corrado's but I still think paying 10k for a standard one is mental regardless of condition.

Not really, I do think a car like that commands a premium to an extent but its just massively higher than other VR's seem to the selling for and in reality its not any better. It may have less wear and tear on bodywork/interior but whats the point in having something that is so mint you cant use it and enjoy it. You'd be just as well having £10k of gold or silver sitting in your garage.

I agree prices have been low over last few years. As I said I love these cars but I just cant get my head round a 5 figure price for them when there had been no real change in the market for them. I think people have filtered down to these cars as they cant afford other appreciating cars and used the "its old, low mileage and one owner principal so it must be worth a lot more" idea.

That my opinion anyway but Ive never been one to think low mileage means its worth more considerably more.

tbh, i think there has been a change in the market, when prices bottomed, everyone was just writing them off, or scrapping them, and selling them for tuppence.

This lead to them falling into the wrong hands, people treating them like sh it and neglecting them, meaning we were left with a hell of a lot of crappy ones kicking about, ones that mostly ended up ruined by morons, written off by morons, or scrapped by morons.

Think 4/5 year back, on paper, its a 200bhp VW thats cool, a coupe, a 6 cylinder V and under 2k so every Tom dick and boy racer was buying them and smashing them up and just a cheap **** rag about. we are now on the back end of that. Good examples are now very hard to come by, ones that haven't been ragged and ruined and trashed, i guess the high price for low millage (all be it i know its not always the case) but people see low mileage as reassurance it isn't one of the above mentioned cars. one that's been ragged and ruined.

Its simply the rise following the fall.

As time goes on and more and more are scraped and ruined, People will continue to realize (although clearly not the view of some) what a truly awesome car the Corrado is. I personally think for what it is along side similar cars its in a league of its own and i think more and more are starting to realize this and appreciate the Corrado for what it is. I think and hope prices continue to rise and they become more and more recognized for the awesome( All be it unreliable) bit of car they really are!

When 2CVs are regularly hitting £10k, I think it's madness any Corrado sells for less than that! It's been said on here in the past and I completely agree - the thing that keeps Corrado prices down are Corrado owners. Whenever you see a TV/mag feature they always rate them very highly. They are a truly great car we as owners just need to wake up and realise it. The whole reason I'm struggling with parting with mine is just what a great car it is.

When 2CVs are regularly hitting £10k, I think it's madness any Corrado sells for less than that! It's been said on here in the past and I completely agree - the thing that keeps Corrado prices down are Corrado owners. Whenever you see a TV/mag feature they always rate them very highly. They are a truly great car we as owners just need to wake up and realise it. The whole reason I'm struggling with parting with mine is just what a great car it is.

Agree, only people i ever see playing them down and saying they should be worth less etc etc is people on here. Every car person everywhere else in the field thinks they are amazing, got a few friends who are avid honda and honda only fan boys, yet they all say "i hate vw's but i gotta admit, i love your corrado" "only VW i would ever own"

Anyone want to place a bet on how long before we see it up for sale again then? And at what price?

That my opinion anyway but Ive never been one to think low mileage means its worth more considerably more.

I'm of the same opinion too, but then I've always been a driving enthusiast, rather than appreciating value enthusiast.

Nothing against the OP's Mum's car fetching a high price. It's the state of the market these days. Anything old, moderately interesting a couple of decades ago and that gold plated "1 owner" or "10K miles" is fetching ridiculous money these days. £25K RS Turbos, £15K MK2s, £30K MK1s, you name it. All reaching crazy sums.

Some folk say it's the owners who bring the values down. Well, not really imo. We're realists, we know the car's issues and 90% of us own them for what it is, not what it's worth. And a lot of the negativity is said tongue in cheek. All the broken sunroof gags, the crap headlight gags etc etc. It's just bants.

I think anyone whose primary reason for ownership is future resale value is not a true Corrado enthusiast imo, they are like I said, an appreciating value enthusiast and should perhaps consider becoming a dealer.

Corrados being worth a fortune is surely not good for theft potential either tbh?

Was that Pug 205 went for £140k at auction last year, was a T16 though and never really been used.

Slightly different, that won the group B rally world championship.

I'm kind of playing devils advocate to be honest. As with anything it's worth what people are prepared to pay. Agree with Kev that if your reason for buying is money then your not a car enthusiast.

To me a Corrado IS a driver's car, not a something to make money on !

(I'd probably need £30k to make money on mine !)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts on it are be it a Corrado or any classic. I think the whole classic scene is being ruined by people treating these cars as investments.

They should be for driving and enjoying. Not buying, holding on for a few months then inflating the price.

People say to me all the time, you car must be worth a bit now. I always respond with. It's worth nothing as it's never ever for sale. So has no monetary value. Get some confused looks lol

I think I'm gunna ask to be buried in mine tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ha ha ha me & my gf have had that very discussion!! lol

ha ha ha me & my gf have had that very discussion!! lol

I have instruction in my will what to do with it. May have to change it now.