Sign in to follow this  
rado94

insurance companies!!!!!

3 grand sounds a bit steep! i dont think its just rados inusreance in gerenal. just paid £768 for my girlfirends 4dr 1.6 8v mk4 golf. she's 29, home owner and a mum. i always thought things like that made your insurance cheaper as it apprantley makes you more senseable but apprantly not. got free breakdown cover though so thats a plus!

My missus renewed her 06 Polo GTI at £250 this year through Sheila's Wheels. It was £250 last year aswell, and with a road captain like me on the policy too!

So not all ins companies are putting prices up, which again just highlights disparity and swindling antics within the industry.

With highly modded car policies, it's worth asking if adding your missus to the policy will reduce the premium. It often does.

My missus renewed her 06 Polo GTI at £250 this year through Sheila's Wheels. It was £250 last year aswell, and with a road captain like me on the policy too!

So not all ins companies are putting prices up, which again just highlights disparity and swindling antics within the industry.

With highly modded car policies, it's worth asking if adding your missus to the policy will reduce the premium. It often does.

Agreed. With our other car we insure with DirectLine and we always phone around but have never been able to beat them. When my VR was standard I paid £260 fully comp, parked on the street in a city centre with DirectLine, but the problem is they stay well clear of anything non-standard.

I'd happily stay with them if they'd insure me as you know exactly where you are with someone like them. I'm currently insured through Brentacre with the engine conversion for £410 fully comp and still on the road, only thing I'd be worried about is the policy is underwritten by someone I've never heard of.

Yeah my mate's MK4 is through Brentacre and he looked up the underwriter on the net and they get scathing reviews. I can't remember the name, but it was a weird one I've never heard of either!

my renewal came from hic an i was shocked to see that i was being quoted nearly 800quid!!(1000 including interest for monthly payments)

thats just shocking,almost double what i was paying for my last g60?????

anyway brentacre are winning the race to get my money this year,i just want to see if they can get it a little cheaper if poss :)

got my insurance sorted last week went with esure after direct line put it up 30% this year. got my valver insured for £320 no mods and can do about 10,000 miles a year. rang round loads this year not many came close to that price its tough out threre this year for us c owners.

got a quote from HIC today and they matched brentacre on price but are offering a bit better on the extras such as europrean cover, audio cover etc.... so might brentacre another ring see if they can do a bit better.

tryed to ring greenlight but as its a new quote you HAVE to do it through the website? :scratch:

speaking to my brother today who has an impreza and he is saying people on the LADS forum are havin the same problem. but he was telling me about my stepdad and that when he was living in germany they had a car but he also bought a motorbike. when he rang his insurance they said no worries we can put it on the same polciy as your car. he said ok no worries, how much. they said oh no extra, you cant drive both at the same time now can you!

doin ok on the insurance front! brentacre have done a great job and quoted me and my GF £629.95. just under £100 cheaper than my renewal. although im not sure who the underwriters are.

thought i would give greenlight a try but had to quote through the internet, which i did yesterday. got a reply this morning, £427.75 tpft or £467.75 fully comp, both prices through liverpool victoira so a fairly big company, all mods declared, 90 european cover and even track cover as long as agreed before the event.. but thats just with myself and not the GF. if i put her on there it goes up to £727.75. she has her own insurance which covers he to drive any car as long as its insured. i would like her to be a named driver on mine but for the sake of £200 and she's still insured to drive it anyway under her's think i'll just do it under my name only.

I think Greenlight are going to be hard to match! As said before I got my renewal through from Brentacre at £1009, but got a quote from Greenlight for £727 (I rang them yesterday to confirm everything was correct and it was!).

I just phoned Brentacre and told them I got a much lower quote and they've asked me to send them proof (forwarded them the email from Greenlight) so they can see if they can match it (or at least get close!).

So now I just play the waiting game :roll:

Brentacre can't get anywhere near Greenlight's quote, the best they can do is £900 but with a £500 excess! The guy said that it's a cracking deal Greenlight are quoting and they won't be able to get near it, the tone of his voice was quite amusing actually as he didn't even try and get me to renew just said "well if you decide you want to pay more and stick with us just give us a call" :lol:

i spoke to brentacre and told them pretty much the same thing about greenlight, which is £467.75 fully comp through liverpool victoria with all mods delcared. brentacre couldnt do any cheaper than £629.95.. but if i add my GF greenlight want £727.75 and brentacre are still the same price! looks like she can drive her own car. she's covered any way via her insurance so no major issue. and like you say the insurance people im talking to are saying that its a very competative rate!

the thing thats more annoing is that admiral, who im with now and wont be for much longer, wanted £726 and with ringing around and getting various quotes knocked there price down to £585. which is over £140 different. why couldnt they do this in the first place, oh thats why cause they want to sting you for as much as they can! but at that price its still £118 more than greenlight. looks like there getting my money this year!

That's my insurance sorted for another year thank god! Went with Greenlight in the end surprise surprise! Brentacre tried again to match but still couldn't get below £900 but with direct debit would still be a grand, Greenlight were £200 cheaper on direct debit which in total put it up to just over £800.

Glad that's sorted, just need to send proof of no claims and I can forget about it for another year :lol:

Tried us?

I'm with you and my renewal has just gone up by 16% so regardless of the general trends for increasing premiums i'm still one unhappy customer!

I'm afraid i shall be looking around for a better deal and only stopping with Chris Knott if they can offer me a much better renewal price. If a company can't offer a returning customer a competitive quote i'm afraid i have no reason to stay loyal to that company.

Had to get business insurance (as the army now demands it if you want to claim mileage) and HIC dont do it (was with them before - renewal £360 fully comp with 5y NCB and 1 speeding fine!) went through adrian flux and they got it (business) for £580 compared to most others £1000+! (they brokered a deal for aviva)

Not sure what their SDandC will be but if they are able to offer that then they might be a good option.

Tim

After a month or so of ownership I thought it was time to insure my Rado and start using it. Phoned up the Post Office to transfer my insurance from the Golf Gti to the rado. Post Office wanted £700 to insure and I would have to cancel the policy and start afresh with a different underwriter !!!!! Needless to say not happy with the £700 quote so said I would have to try elsewhere.... This is the annoying bit the Golf Gti has an annual premium of £210.79 paid at £17.70 a month (reasonable). To cancel the insurance they are going to charge me £88 or in other words the full f***in premium after 6 months of use.... I am raging, talk about being bent over a table and being royally shafted !!!!!!!!