krnau

The "What broke on your Corrado today" thread

disaster :(

Drove my car to work and while opening work's gates I've noticed I'm leaking oil. Not just drops, I was leaving streaks of oil! I could have killed the engine if my work was more far away from my home. Hopefully it was just 2-3 miles.

Now then I have located the leak to be coming from that top part of the "oil-filter section" (forgive me I am not very mechanical). Car is now at the garage, mechanic told me I had almost no oil left in engine and that I was very lucky. Now waiting for it to be repaired... it's always Monday isn't?!

Still I am unsure if located leak correctly and if it's something that can be easily fixed. But keeping my fingers crossed (from what I researched, hopefully it will be just that rubber o-ring, but knowing my luck... ehh better not think).

What I don't fully understand is, if I was almost out of oil there should be an engine/oil light showing up on my dashboard to inform me about it, right?

What I don't fully understand is, if I was almost out of oil there should be an engine/oil light showing up on my dashboard to inform me about it, right?

guess the oil pressure sensor is also busted!

Backlights for LCD displays not worked for about 10 years, got the new lamps about 2 years ago, its on my to do list, along with the window thingys I bought on hear last year........

Ordered mine tonight on the way home so should have them Wednesday. 57p from VW :)

Can you fit mine at the same time lol. I tried n failed .

While putting the shopping in the boot this fell on my head.

a57d7013.jpg

Anyone know where it should go? I had a quick look but it's pitch black outside and peeing it down so I got inside pretty sharpish.

That looks like the boot lifting spring/plunger, its fitted in the boot lid to the left of the catch & lifts it slightly when you pop the catch so you can lift it easily.

I replaced one recently. It cost about 10 from the stealers. You'll need the little rubber stopper on the end as that doesn't come with the plunger. You need to take the boot lid trim off to get your hand in the fit it. There's a plastic collar/nut that you need to find. My memory is that it was inside the boot lid. If you can't find it then you'll need one of them too.

Just looking atthe picture now - was viewing on the phone originally - the part in the picture has the nut fitted to remember to take it off before chucking it in th bin

A ground cable from the hood to body. Will order one tomorrow, or make one up.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Well went to move the C over the weekend and to start cleaning it up, turns out the battery is flat as a fart, went to pop the bonnet and the cable snapped again!!

Took 2 of us 20mins to pop the bonnet last time!

earth cable from bonnet to body, wiper linkage, heater matrix, clutch master and coolant outlet on the side of the block :( What a week !! so found someone who can supply the bushes on the wiper linkage and can make me a new arm if required as its obsolete now, found a company to re manufacture my clutch master as that's obsolete too. Found a guy in Germany that makes the coolant outlet cover plate again obsolete part. had to buy a new block as mine was too corroded from the coolant leak just need the obsolete O ring now !! Soon be back on the road !!

Ha Ha surely other C's have broken since my last post !!

So since the above I couldnt seal up the coolant outlet & ended up having to change the complete engine !!

Here's whats happened since :

Brake master as well as clutch master cylinder

Sunroof repaired

CO Pot failed

ABS fault

microswitch on throttle body repaired

rear spoiler failed

Windscreen and bonnet replaced to to bonnet catch failure

3 toothed drive belts snapped due to incompetent RAC technician

stage 4 charger failed due to incompetent RAC technician

solid tensioner replaced due to incompetent RAC technician

cambelt tensioner (used in toothed pulley setup) replaced due to incompetent RAC technician

aux belt failed and replaced due to incompetent RAC technician

water pump and thermostat replaced

Powersteering pump failed due to incorrect fluid being used by previous mechanic

Bonnet release cable failed due to incompetent bodyshop

However cars now in very very good hands and am looking forward to collecting it Friday coming and enjoying the drive home !

water pipe.. lol was being cut by my fan.. fixed and replaced with a new thicker one and re mounted it so it dosnt touch the fan.

Well just me then with a Car that's cursed !! Got it back from JMR running really really nicely now. 2 weeks later it gets hit twice whilst parked, same day 2 different places& no details left. Then a stone flicks up and puts a crack across one of my fogs. I buy some replacements and realise they're the wrong type, my cars a 92 with an early interior but late bonnet and as I've found out late fogs

Spent 100 pounds on a new aircon condensor. Managed to ruin the thread when fitting an old hose onto it..... to make matters worse, on disconnecting the hose it snapped a piece off the receiver drier...

Expensive day as I need to sort the hose as well. 3 items all sha##ed. AGHHHHH

Good job its the Corrado and these things are the norm for us !!!