Sign in to follow this  
V-Dubstar

What's the worst kind of bad driving?!

This has happened to me twice today in very similar instances:

Was behind a guy going through a village (30mph restricted) and he must've been doing at least 40-45 as he was getting away from me quite quickly (doing 30ish), then after the village it opens upto national speed. However, this guy then decides to drive @ 40mph along the 5 mile(ish) road which doesn't have many overtaking opportunities (in a van, anyways :lol: )

This really frustrates me how he thinks it's fine to speed through a village, or any 30mph area, and then seem to almost go slower through a higher speed restriction zone!! GRRRRR!!! :censored:

I know there's a lot of different annoying things that happens to me when on the roads, what do u think is the worst?

AS it happens, you have already mentioned the one that winds me up the most - with a close second - lack of indicators used.

Yes me too, the 40/50 everywhere brigade. They all need to go and hand their driving licenses in at the nearest police station.

These are people that I like to call 'middle men' they do 40mph EVERYWHERE irrelevant of the speed limit. You will also find these people doing 60 in the middle lane of all motor ways irrelevant of circumstances.

middle lane drivers, bumper huggers, people that accellerate when you try to overtake them - must be some macho thing i dont get?, drivers who overtake only to sit in front going slower than you originally were!

Oooh another one....people that get angry at you when SOMEONE ELSE beeped their horn at them. Happened to me the other day, the guy was about to get out his van then he realised someone else was beeping at him and not me.....I was ready for a rumble!

Lack of indicating really frustrates me too. I like to think Im quite an observant driver, and indicate when there's others around or if it will help someone to know what's going on - I don't indicate if there's no-one about however but that's common sense I guess.

Another one which really frustrates me, is when u actually go out of ur way to let someone through in a 'right of way' situation when it's actually ur right of way, just to be kind. Then yep, u guessed it, they don't even ACKNOWLEDGE ur there, or what u have just done. If Im in the opposite situation I actually make eye contact so I know they know Im waving to them and thanking them!

Another one which really frustrates me, is when u actually go out of ur way to let someone through in a 'right of way' situation when it's actually ur right of way, just to be kind. Then yep, u guessed it, they don't even ACKNOWLEDGE ur there, or what u have just done. If Im in the opposite situation I actually make eye contact so I know they know Im waving to them and thanking them!

I stopped doing this for precisely this reason. I just barge through now....so apologies in advance if I ever do that to anyone here :lol:

Oooh another one....people that get angry at you when SOMEONE ELSE beeped their horn at them. Happened to me the other day, the guy was about to get out his van then he realised someone else was beeping at him and not me.....I was ready for a rumble!

Lol dude! I hate it when someone who blatantly cuts u up/does something wrong and u beep at them angrily, or if they've done something so bad to nearly cause an accident u give them the finger, then they do it back! Im there thinking "do u not even realise what u've just done?!" :lol: Mental.

How about, when you make a perfectly safe and legal over take of a 'middle-man' and then they flash you and shake their fists at you......I mean really. Get over YOURSELF.

Wow I'm sounding like a really angry driver.....hmm maybe I am :x

Last month the car in front of me went to turn, got half way across the other side of the road and threw the anchors out for no apparent reason. I slammed on the brakes which didn't do alot due to a mixture of rain and man hole covers. How i didn't hit them or the curb i don't know.

Long story short, its unnecessary braking that annoys me :lol:

when people just stop in a queue of traffic or slightly pull over in a way that wont actually help when there's an emergency vehicle 50ft behind, even though the cars in front have carried on...

IF YOU DONT KEEP GOING THEN THE F&CKING AMBULANCE WONT BE ABLE TO GET PAST THE PEOPLE BEHIND YOU TO GET PAST YOU, YOU MORON!!! oh, yes, and then they give me grief when i point out their stupidity.. :censored:

people who go straight over a roundabout and cut across the inside lane (i.e. LITERALLY straight across!)... If you are going straight over then you still need to drive around the roundabout as there is a right lane for people turning right! Feckin morons!

A lot of the ones above annoy me but a big one for me is lane discipline. People who just sail over roundabouts thinking the lines painted on the road are there for a laugh. Being (I like to think) an observant driver has saved me having my front end being taken off on many occasions because you can just see a mile off they are going to cut across your lane. Again, if you dare to give them a toot on the horn, you're somehow the one at fault. Mental. :bad-words: And calm.....

people who go straight over a roundabout and cut across the inside lane (i.e. LITERALLY straight across!)... If you are going straight over then you still need to drive around the roundabout as there is a right lane for people turning right! Feckin morons!

I hate that!! Any complete lack of lane awareness, island or not really fecks me off! Although it has to be said, if there's no-one on your right (only common sense to check), some islands benefit from being straight lined due to the position of the left hand road. Hard to explain but sometimes sticking in the left hand lane to go straight on means to cars coming out of the left hand road it looks like you're goin left rather than straight on. Few like that round by me.

Surely this is a bit of a use of common sense one? i cut across lanes on roundabout but only when I've observed that its alright to do so, i.e. no one else is in the right hand lane..... it does however really piss me off when people just do it as a matter of course, without looking or in fact realising what they're doing

yep, loads of 'same here' in the above posts.

The no acknowlegement for giving way really fooks me off. I now shake my fist up at them while putting on an angry face like an angry Alan. Talking about Partridge type behaviour, check below linky for the ultimate road menace.

Sadly all too true.....

http://www.meatpasty.co.uk/alanpartridg ... ansrun.htm

Middle and outside lane hogs who slam on brakes when you flash them to pull over after waiting patiently for them to do it without the need to flash.

People who don't know who to give way to on a roundabout so you have to decide for them.

Non wavers - ungrateful swines

Last minute motorway junction jumpers.

People who indicate, manoeuvre look

I had better stop now :)

Annoys the hell out of me too bud. I have the habit of making a point of ME thanking THEM, most seem to then realise and say thank you, knowing im being saracastic by thanking them. Idiots.

Agree with all the usual things on this thread.

I love a good moan! :lol:

Agreed with all the above! - Particularly the ones that get mad if you overtake and the well named 'middle men'!

You can ALMOST start to stereotype types of driver by the cars they drive too! :-•

How about the indecisive ones that approach a roundabout (it's clear), stop.

Then wait until a car actually does come, wait for it to pass, THEN (hopefully) proceed!!?

I just hate all other road users full stop :lol:

My top 3 menace list:-

1) People who don't move over to let drivers waiting on slip roads join the carriageway, even when the right lane is empty.

2) The '40 in a 60' people, but who also weave across the lanes almost as if to deliberately obstruct an overtake.

3) People in the right hand lane with that "I won't be rushed or bullied" attitude. Fair enough if they're driving at 80-85, but no, they do 70 bang on and don't press the gas down when there's an incline, so they gradually slow down to 65-60 and barely passing HGVs, and if they go down a hill, they keep tapping the brakes to hold 70. And if that isn't bad enough, they have to stay in the right hand lane until *all* of the HGVs with 1/4 mile gaps between them, are overtaken, completely oblivious to the 'accordion effect' queue they are causing behind them.

great thread! All of the above, plus the ones who brake for no reason - the road in front is clear, they're in the outside lane then they slam on the damn anchors. :mad2:

I just hate all other road users full stop :lol:

Yep same here, if they're on the road when I am then I hate them :lol: