KIPVW

Nugget almost done! Well top bit anyway :)

A little more progress this morning, went to have a chat and the doors are off as well as the sunroof cassette out and lots more besides. cant wait to rebuild it all and get it all working again :/ will be a trivial time am sure but like to get involved with it too...

Such a nice car its great to hear your enthusiasm for it, keep the updates coming:thumbleft:

Can feel with you there, Paul. It's only been 1 month with my Mk1 incident and since it's been off to the bodyshop to deal with, but can't wait to get my beloved baby back either.

Happy sleeples nights :lol:

Tempest

so three show cars and a double garage..!!! which one stays outside then

Well I can confirm my Storm lives in the garage.

One of Kips has to live away from home (and for the last 6 months that has been at a body shop and not at the rental address!)

Well its looking almost there now, and have arranged for a new vw windscreen to be fitted which should arrive tomorrow then hopefully get fitted saturday along with the rear quater windows.

Then it'll be on a flat bed lorry home to rebuild with all the trim and lights etc and then hopefully booked in for an MOT as it ran out a while ago along with the tax.

Hope it passes but it wont fail on brake related problems as they are all good (i hope) and it certainly wont fail on corrosion anywhere as it's mint underneath but needs a good fettle :)

Well its looking almost there now, and have arranged for a new vw windscreen to be fitted which should arrive tomorrow then hopefully get fitted saturday along with the rear quater windows.

Then it'll be on a flat bed lorry home to rebuild with all the trim and lights etc and then hopefully booked in for an MOT as it ran out a while ago along with the tax.

Hope it passes but it wont fail on brake related problems as they are all good (i hope) and it certainly wont fail on corrosion anywhere as it's mint underneath but needs a good fettle :)

whos doing the screen...? did you buy it yourself or the insurance..?

My local whizz kid is doing it and i can then claim it back less the £60 excess from my insurance. Hopefully :lol:

Edited by KIPVW

Caption competition for #4 - "It's missing two cylinders!!" ;)

Thanks Steve :) think i'm gonna take it nice and slow though and tidy up a bit as i go along too :)

Sorry all, it could be thread update overload soon....

Bit of progress of sorts tonight, MORE bits came off but he's very happy playing with it/her. Not sure about the find though, surely Corrados ain't old enough to have these knocking about under the seats???

Caption competition for #4 - "It's missing two cylinders!!" ;)

But it goes around corners so much better :p

Good to see if finally home Kip, good luck finding some new under bonnet foam :(

Bonnet foam. It was a no brainer decision as the original stuff really wasn't worth keeping. Just been looking for some pics of it but haven't got any.

maybe one day someone will find a supplier of the stuff and get some cut.. the stuff must surely still be in use somewhere by someone

I do hope so. I've trawled a lot of websites trying to find similar material but all in vain. Most manufacturers opt for the bonnet foam pad rather than stick on material.

The ten pence does look rather unusual by modern standards but if memory serves me well, it was still legal tender into the early nineties ( about 92/93 ).

Couple of weeks and you'll have cracked it I say !

But it goes around corners so much better :p

Good to see if finally home Kip, good luck finding some new under bonnet foam :(

Indeed it does Yan, my 8v is phenominal on roundabouts even with standard ride height, the VR is pathetic in comparison and although 2 of my cars are cosseted beyond reality i'd like to think i drive them as they should be driven. (pondering the Nurburgring as we speak :) )

Need to go back again someday!

Yeah the foam Grrrr! flippin stuff!

Have you any timescale to put it back together ? Or are you going to take your time and enjoy it ?

Paintwork looks gorgeous, you can see in the pics how happy you look.

Be careful with the re-assemble,and keep the pics coming

No great rush but next week i wanna take the cross member off and get it painted up while it's all off, daft not to i guess! will defo be adding pics in this till it's finished. Or should that mean put back together as it'll never be finished lol!

The paint is good but will be going back once all bit's in place for a good buffing over.

I am completely happy yeah i cant begin to tell people how much, i'm so attached to this damn lump of metal it's painfull :/

Edited by KIPVW