badgerman

Leather Trimmed centre tunnel / pillar trims - now in cream!

It's a 91 plate 16v gti, i do have one as i mentioned in previous posts, it's the same style as the one that you have leathered before in your pics, what i could do is send you mine now and you can get on with it at your own pace and we can settle up in the new year

It's a 91 plate 16v gti, i do have one as i mentioned in previous posts, it's the same style as the one that you have leathered before in your pics, what i could do is send you mine now and you can get on with it at your own pace and we can settle up in the new year

Oh, ideal! I would happily do that for you mate. I will Pm you my adresse.

well i must say that have received mine at the weekend and i cant say enough how chuffed i am as the job first class.

i think chris needs to be rightly commended for a great service and product.

i'll try and get some photos up this week but not in thev car as going to wait till the engine done so no grubby hands get on it.

thanks again mate A1

well i must say that have received mine at the weekend and i cant say enough how chuffed i am as the job first class.

i think chris needs to be rightly commended for a great service and product.

i'll try and get some photos up this week but not in thev car as going to wait till the engine done so no grubby hands get on it.

thanks again mate A1

Thanks for the kind words buddy, it's appreciated. I look forward to seeing them in the car.

Due to the weather,and work commitments,have finally fitted mine this morning :D

I have took a few pics,but they dont do the work justice ! I`am really pleased with the quality of the work,prior to fitment i "stored" them in my living room,so i could easily show them off ! 8)

I found an old Karman badge that i glued to the gear selector,for the OEM look,

enjoy the pics

Thank you Badgerman,i am truly grateful

Thanks DG, I am really pleased you like them! I was a little concerned about the leather match as older leather has a distinctive look compared to new but they look sweet! Thanks for going to the effort of posting the pics mate.

Read the posts and want one- too good to be true :eek: I've got a storm with cream leather- can you do me a 3-piece console?

Read the posts and want one- too good to be true :eek: I've got a storm with cream leather- can you do me a 3-piece console?

The difficulty is the colour match on the leather and then getting it. I can send a swatch sheet to you to match the leather so this is no problem. However, at the moment I buy leftovers from furniture manufacture at the company I work for and it is nearly always black. Cream would mean I would need to buy a suitable hide and thread to do the job. This may not be out of the question if I can use the rest of it to cover more tunnels or even pillar trims but it would be at a higher price because I would be buying the hide at its proper price and not the reduced price I currently achieve from using offcuts.

I would have to look into the cost, but if I had a couple of people interested it would mean I might use more of the hide and not end up sitting on the remainder of a skin ;)

I'm about to 'furniture clinic' my seats- I've sent off a sample to them for matching- does that help? If you had some leather that I could refinish, if it's not too perverse for me to refinish your brand new work.

I'll be glad to take your advice if you let me know what you think

I'm about to 'furniture clinic' my seats- I've sent off a sample to them for matching- does that help? If you had some leather that I could refinish, if it's not too perverse for me to refinish your brand new work.

I'll be glad to take your advice if you let me know what you think

I don't really know much about the stuff really, I will have a read up about it. Sounds like a fairly good plan and I don't see it being too perverse! I hadn't really considered the variation in colour through sunlight and everyday wear - its possible that I might not be able to match the colour well enough for anyone meaning they too would need to furniture clinic their seats to make it all match properly.

How about this, if i send you a swatch card and you see how they compare - maybe even peeling off the swatch and take a pic or two of it directly compared to your seats. This would get me close enough and I could then buy a full hide. I am fairly sure that if I made another set or two I could shift them on the forum so I wasn't left with the rest of the hide.

Did you catch the bit in the thread where I said about trimming spare parts instead of your own? I would feel a bit better if it wasn't your original parts just in case something did happen to them. I could source them and add the cost to your bill or you could supply me with them. Are there any differences between storm trims and standard?

Thanks- yes I saw the bit about using my car parts and a vainly hoped (!) you now had an ongoing 'set' to use as exchange. If you can source a set, could I do an exchange with you where I bought yours and you refunded whatever they cost you for mine once I sent them? If not, I'll try and source meantime. Mines is a VR with the hump.

The Storm trim is identical to standard of the same year.

I've used the 'clinic' refurb before and it allows you to completely redye and finish the leather. See http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leathe ... Change.htm

However, if you need to buy a skin anyway, I'd be happy with a nearish match.

I'll PM you my address if you want to send swatches.

Ok Chaps, I have just got a cream cow hide in to do a Storm centre tunnel. This means I will have a fair amount left over from the job so I am looking to see if anyone else wants some cream parts trimmed. Because the hide has not been supplied at the preferential rate I usually get, it has increased the cost of trimming a bit -

£170 posted for the centre tunnel

£150 posted for the pillar trims

If anyone is interested send me a message and we can sort something out.

Ok- now I'm feeling bad that you've bought this skin and I'm not using it all up - I'm now thinking about what else you could maybe make for me. I'll ponder that in daylight (aint seeing the car in daylight at moment, what with work 'n' all :( ) and get back to you.

Ok- now I'm feeling bad that you've bought this skin and I'm not using it all up - I'm now thinking about what else you could maybe make for me. I'll ponder that in daylight (aint seeing the car in daylight at moment, what with work 'n' all :( ) and get back to you.

How about some hot pants? :norty:

Ok Chaps, I have just got a cream cow hide in to do a Storm centre tunnel. This means I will have a fair amount left over from the job so I am looking to see if anyone else wants some cream parts trimmed. Because the hide has not been supplied at the preferential rate I usually get, it has increased the cost of trimming a bit -

Yep, very interested in the lot. Are you going to supply tunnel and pillars in this price ?? Any pictures ??

dude, really - don't feel bad!

I might be getting a dash soon dude . . . . .

How about some hot pants? :norty:

Oooh- now that would be something. Then a pair of cream boots :D

Then I could ram a cream boot up your ass :bad-words:

Probably better than one of your bananas :lol:

dude, really - don't feel bad!

I might be getting a dash soon dude . . . . .

I hear you.... I reckon maybe black leather but still pondering it......

Yep, very interested in the lot. Are you going to supply tunnel and pillars in this price ?? Any pictures ??

I have got pics of it all done on black leather,I can post the pics at the weekend,

You won't be disappointed,the quality and workmanship are second to none !

Have you tackled a set of doorcards yet? Have had a very good price from a trimmer but would be interested to see if youd do them?

Nope but I do have some waiting for me to have a go at. To be honest I am struggling to keep up with requests as it is!! As I say to others - its on my list but not quite yet ;)

How much was your quote?

Dude... could you do headlining? lol... Im thinking of giving my entire car to you and telling you to trim anything non metal LOL

Dude... could you do headlining? lol... Im thinking of giving my entire car to you and telling you to trim anything non metal LOL

You'd have to drive around in a full head to toe leather outfit to match your car :shock: :lol: :wave: