badgerman

Leather Trimmed centre tunnel / pillar trims - now in cream!

So, how does it work, do i send you a steering wheel and you do your magic on that wheel as i have 2 wheels (leather and stock non leather) , so thinking i can hold onto the leather one and send you the non leather.

Yup, thats the plan! I would prefer to work on the non-leather because it is softer than the leather wheels. Part of the trimming process is that I slice a groove in the Polyurethane to tuck the ends of the material in but the thing with the leather wheels is that they are made from a much harder formulation of PU and I think it would make it difficult to do the tucking bit. Not impossible but I would prefer to work on a standard wheel.

So, how does it work, do i send you a steering wheel and you do your magic on that wheel as i have 2 wheels (leather and stock non leather) , so thinking i can hold onto the leather one and send you the non leather.

Yup, thats the plan! I would prefer to work on the non-leather because it is softer than the leather wheels. Part of the trimming process is that I slice a groove in the Polyurethane to tuck the ends of the material in but the thing with the leather wheels is that they are made from a much harder formulation of PU and I think it would make it difficult to do the tucking bit. Not impossible but I would prefer to work on a standard wheel.

Hi there mate interested in the centre tunnel. Keeping an eye on this to see if you sorted the issues you had

Your works amazing man, How much would you charge to trim door cards (front and rear) the dash and hand brake tunnel?

Shit dude, dunno! I haven't tried the doorcards yet! I did have a go on a mk2 golf but I have improved loads since then. Its on my list buddy ;)

Hi there mate interested in the centre tunnel. Keeping an eye on this to see if you sorted the issues you had

Check out the thread on monday/tuesday I reckon I will have it sorted then ;)

Haha, well id love you to carry out some work on my interior trim. Give me a shout if your able to do it and how much dolla its gonna cost :)

Cool buddy. I will have a play with some door cards as soon as I can. I love doing this kind of work and I am keen to have a complete trim in someones car one day - but alas, there are only so many hours in a day!! If I could sack off my job and freelance, believe me, I would!

I had a play this evening after a totally sh*t day of company training - so making some progress cheered me up!

It isn't quite there as I am going to move the seam line so it isn't so shonky (definition of 'shonky' : something that is a bit sh*t and wonkey). Ignor the slightly wrinkly and lumpy bits - it was done in a bit of a hurry as I have had some freelance design work dumped in my lap. Mustn't grumble, its all dollar I spose. I will have another go tomorrow, Will definitely nail it then ;)

th_100_1589.jpg

th_100_1587.jpg

th_100_1586.jpg

th_100_1583.jpg

Yeah, that seam line really piss*d me off because once I had done it I was like- "why didn't you just do it straight?!". Ah well, sometime you don't see these things until they are on there.

Pattern making is 90% trial and error 10% skill.

Fair dos mate I just couldnt get to grips with the sowing thing. Sowed my B pillars by hand cause couldnt work the machine (what a gonk) but hey ho

Ok, had another go and my fingers are beginning to ache from pulling the material about! I have probably re-cut this 6 times now and to be honest I think it can be better still. What do you think?

th_100_1601.jpg

th_100_1600.jpg

th_100_1599.jpg

th_100_1598.jpg

Id happily put that in my car, good work mate :)

Cheers dude. Glad to hear it.

This being the flat bench version makes it much harder to do because of the recess - a humpy bench covers where the recess is and gets rid of the need for all the difficult seamery.

Thats good to hear mate. I am always a little concerned about peoples expectations of quality because even though this may not be as expensive as an MJ interiors trim ( I am assuming this. . .) it is still a fair wedge of cash.

Dont beat yourself up ! The quality is spot on.

I love my trims you done for me,and you know i will be back for more !

Awwww, ur too kind :notworthy:

I have run myself out of glue but once I have got some I will tweek this one and you are welcome to it - if you are still keen?

Looks good mate shame you so far away as I could have dropped off a late spec tunnel section for you to have a go on ;)

me too!

I am always a little nervous about the idea of trimming parts removed from your prides and joys so to play it safe I propose the following - I will get hold of a center tunnel of the spec you require (is yours a flat bench or a humper?) and trim it. On completion I can send pics and if acceptable (no doubt they will be) then I can send them to you in exchange for your tunnel.

I know it sounds like a bit of hassle and you may feel that it is unnecessary, but I think I would be happier doing it this way. At least then if I f*ck it up, I won't have knackered your property! If thats cool, I will go ahead and get a tunnel to get to work on for you asap.