Sign in to follow this  
luke w

Difference between early and late front wings?

I need to replace my passenger side front wing. It's an early spec car. I keep seeing people noting whether the wings are late spec or early spec. I've never noticed any difference, is there?

the flare on the arch on the late wings is about 10mm more, difficult to see unless you have them side by side, more important though is the re-profile of the wing/bonnet joining line, they are different and early and late mixes will not give an even panel gap, the curve is different. They will fit but to those 'in-the-know' they look wrong.

I've always heard that about the early/late bonnet not matching up with the opposing wings...But a lad off here came to the Volksdevil meet the other week (Early car/early wings) with a late bonnet, and the gap was perfectly equal and linear as far as matching up to the wings :shrug:

I've currently got one of each wings on the front of my car, the difference is massive, but many don't notice, the later bonnet sits evenly along the early wing, new wings were nearly 300 from the dealer when my car got kicked in. Bonus is they don't come with repeaters holes.

I've currently got one of each wings on the front of my car, the difference is massive, but many don't notice, the later bonnet sits evenly along the early wing, new wings were nearly 300 from the dealer when my car got kicked in. Bonus is they don't come with repeaters holes.

If you get a chance I would be really interested to see comparison shots of your two wings - as you have both!

should have taken a pic before I sold the early one against a one off my car you can clearly see the width difference but have never noticed the curve difference though