Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Hard evidence of scene tax

Offer £650 as that's what you sold them for a while ago. It will kill the sale :D To be honest though, you probably owned half the wheels that have ever been sold on e38. Looking through your old threads on here you seem addicted to wheels :clap:

Well tbh they were sold very cheap at £650, they are worth a bit more than that for sure. And sounds as though he spent a bit on a refurb / colour-change too.

Whether or not they are worth what's he's asking, I'm not so sure

I struggled to get them sold at that price and they were essentially brand new. All he has done is a colour change which would be a couple of hundred tops to get the centres painted. Just didnt want anyone on here paying over inflated prices.

he appears to be one of those "well i bought them for £650, spend £150 on tyres, £250 on a refurb so they must be worth £1000 so i better put them up for 1200 types.

I dont understand why people who fit tyres an refurb wheels think these items add the same value as they cost. I wouldnt pay £250 to paint the centres of some wheels so it cant possibly increase value an TBH being blue that probably limits the appeal and more people will probably be factoring in how much to buy + repaint anyway.

that said, 16x8 on a corrado is the perfect compromise

dave

tough one, I personally don't think there is anything wrong in buying something cheap and selling at profit. If someone wants it they'll pay the asking price.

However when someone haggles you right down so you end up loosing money only to find them make plenty from it then that would p :censored: ss me off.

just my 1p worth

You know I was just thinking this the other day, I really wanted them when you were selling but didn't have the money, in my opinion they were worth more than you sold them for in the first place. In fact I emailed you to tell you they were cheap when you were selling them but obviously I was wrong as they took a while to shift, obviously because they didn't have BBS stamped on them. They are worth a good amount but that price is just another example of bad scene maths..

He seems to think that because he has worn through a set of tyres and replaced them and polished the centres they add more money to them, they were already refurbed with new tyres!!!

I am soo very tempted to post a message saying "I'll take them at the same price you bought them for" as they are stunning wheels. It really does annoy the hell out of me that people over-inflate prices so ridiculously. I can understand perfectly that people don't want to lose money, I sold my old corrado for £1250, a month later on it was back up for sale at £1500 but obviously someone will come and knock the price down so you have to add a bit for movement but doubling the price is just plain stupid.

To be honest though, you probably owned half the wheels that have ever been sold on e38.

:lol:

Im insulted by that :mad2: Its more like 3/4's!! :lol:

They're nice wheels but i dont understand how people can paint wheels such a specific colour and expect their money back?

They were worth more when black centre'd imo and would be worth even more with silver centres.

I don't think its scene tax either tbh, you can get rs' in the same sizes with adaptors/tyres etc for 1k. This guys just excited, sorry i couldn't help but leave a little comment.

E38: "...I'm taking a new direction..."

I know I'm not down with the kids, but that is taking yourself pretty seriously.

:roll:

Now I remember why I got out of that "shizzle", as they say.