Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Damage to the Corrado :(

Went to the IMAX in Birmingham yesterday to see Tron. Came out to the car park to see a new Vauxhall Insignia parked rather close up the back of my VR6 and as I got closer could see it was actually parked touching my rear bumper.

Red mist began to descend and I seriously debated kicking a door on the Vauxhall but instead resorted to writing an offensive note (how British of me) to leave under the windscreen. My mate suggested I move my car forward to check the damage and, as I did, the Vauxhall began to roll too - they'd left the fricking handbrake off. We were on a bit of a downward slope and my mate jumped in the way to stop the car which thankfully he did.

Ended up taking pity on them - found a brick on a building site next to the cinema and stuck it under the wheel to stop it rolling and removed my offensive note and left an explanatory note instead. Thankfully only a small scuff on the bumper but just pisses me off as that's now THREE I've got on the rear bumper because of scumbags who don't know how to judge distances in car parks or know how to use the HANDBRAKE.

Sigh :(

you should have left it "on" some bricks Jim, safer all round if they cant be trusted with wheels..

Thats crappy Jim! I hope you'l be making a claim? Did u take any pics of both cars?

Thats crappy Jim! I hope you'l be making a claim? Did u take any pics of both cars?

Wasn't sure about how that'd work.. wouldn't I need to know details of their insurer and stuff before I ring my insurer?

Wasn't sure about how that'd work.. wouldn't I need to know details of their insurer and stuff before I ring my insurer?

Photos and their number plate would be enough wouldn't it?

Just not sure I can be bothered with the aggro for such a small scrape. If the bumper was bent then I think I'd consider claiming.

i just cant handle reading these stories, ! makes my blood boil, its like the rest of the general public see corrados as brownie points! older the car more points!! :nuts: :censored:

That's bad luck Jim. My boys always laugh at me for parking the C in the furthest corner of any car park we go to - not always possible to find an empty corner though :(

Maybe worth politely asking the owner for an unofficial "contribution" to repairs - assuming he gets in touch with you or you can find him again

Bad news Jim. Might have been worth a short video clip on your phone to show the Vauxhall moving, if you wanted to take it further?

Seems the front and rear of our cars are under threat too as well as parking dings on the sides :(

Sorry to hear that Jim, I've got a crack on the rear bumper too, perhaps from when I left the car parked at work for a week in the snow, someone driving in the car park a bit too quick perhaps. Unfortunately they'd gone by the time I noticed the crack. Also got a mark on the front bumper where someone scraped past me as well.

I'd have let their car roll down into someone elses... serve them right for having to fork out for other people's repairs... even if it does damage an innocent persons car.

Gutting mate :( Did you get the reg? I would defo make a claim... not cheap to sort out even a minor scrape + it's not your fault!

I've been bumped 3 times in the work carpark in the last few months- every time the culprit has driven off. Grrr!

Went to the IMAX in Birmingham yesterday to see Tron. Came out to the car park to see a new Vauxhall Insignia parked rather close up the back of my VR6 and as I got closer could see it was actually parked touching my rear bumper.

Red mist began to descend and I seriously debated kicking a door on the Vauxhall but instead resorted to writing an offensive note (how British of me) to leave under the windscreen. My mate suggested I move my car forward to check the damage and, as I did, the Vauxhall began to roll too - they'd left the fricking handbrake off. We were on a bit of a downward slope and my mate jumped in the way to stop the car which thankfully he did.

Ended up taking pity on them - found a brick on a building site next to the cinema and stuck it under the wheel to stop it rolling and removed my offensive note and left an explanatory note instead. Thankfully only a small scuff on the bumper but just pisses me off as that's now THREE I've got on the rear bumper because of scumbags who don't know how to judge distances in car parks or know how to use the HANDBRAKE.

Sigh :(

first of all, sorry that this has happened to you...

but I have to say that when I read what is in black... I thought you'd done something different with the brick :lol:

Yup pics and a reg plate is all u need!!

Honestly, while it's only a scrape it's still a f*ckin scrape on your car man! :brickwall:

Well done Jim! If the same had happened to me and there'd been a brick to hand I'm not sure I'd have had the restraint not to have used the brick in an entirely different capacity... :roll:

Wow that is bloody annoying Jim, thinking about it you did the right thing though mate and the person who's car it is ought to give you a call with a huge thanks and arrange a goodwill payment, if you left your number that is. I think you have done them a massive favour as it could've gone straight through a building or into folk walking around. :shock:

Hope it doesn't look too bad..

I wouldn't bother claiming as despite it not being your fault whatsoever it WILL affect your next premium so take that into account. Those Insignias have a button activated handbrake, terrible idea IMO

Was talking about it on pistonheads and apparently the electronic handbrake doesn't activate automatically when you stop the car. So what exactly is the point of an electronic handbrake if it does nothing useful beyond what a normal fricking pull handbrake would do?! My dislike for Vauxhall grows with every passing day!

Also why I think, regrettably, I will be selling the red Corrado this year and getting a daily. Don't want the VR to pick up any more damage from negligent motorists!

That sucks Jim good on you for keeping your head.

If some one done that at my work or any car park I would of probably endded up using my size 10 steal toe caps in a unfriendly mannor on their car :mad:

Thats why I all ways park in the furthest corner and make shore that only 1 car could ever park next to me by parking at the end of a row