Critical_Mass

WTD: unusual part request

Good stuff guys! Was scared they wouldnt arrive via normal post. When one of you get it fitted let me know how you get on. :D

i'll donate the rest of that cash to the forum. :D

Oh by the way guys you may want to spray them before fitting, apparently they will get surface rust over time. I meant to spray them with some black BBQ paint i have in the garage, but i forgot.

Neuon - send us payment mate and your address. My paypal email is on a previous page. :D

Done. Many thanks indeed, Gaz :clap:

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Gaz,

A quick update for you and for everyone to check their bonnet cables.

I had a look at my cable on the car for the first time today and was a bit surprised to find the little trumpet piece was broken about half way around the top edge of it. Was not going to last very much longer and the handle had already started to take more effort to open the bonnet.

So a big thankyou for making these, I didn't even think I would need one but you've saved the day mate!!!

Hi Gaz,

A quick update for you and for everyone to check their bonnet cables.

I had a look at my cable on the car for the first time today and was a bit surprised to find the little trumpet piece was broken about half way around the top edge of it. Was not going to last very much longer and the handle had already started to take more effort to open the bonnet.

So a big thankyou for making these, I didn't even think I would need one but you've saved the day mate!!!

My pleasure. Sounds like it was nicely timed too!

Have you had chance to fit it yet mate? Keep putting fitting mine off because i can imagine it being a bit of a pain to fit.

Anyone know the easiest way to go about it?

By the way, i have 2 left to those that want one. Havent had payment from a couple of people so have 2 up for grabs.

will take one if still up for grabs please , have not checked mine but im sure will come in handy , can you send pay pal please, regards rob .

My pleasure. Sounds like it was nicely timed too!

Have you had chance to fit it yet mate? Keep putting fitting mine off because i can imagine it being a bit of a pain to fit.

Anyone know the easiest way to go about it?

By the way, i have 2 left to those that want one. Havent had payment from a couple of people so have 2 up for grabs.

Hey Gaz,

Very nicely timed indeed, I didn't close the bonnet once I saw it was like it!

Get on and change it, easy mate. All I did was to undo the 7 or 8mm bolt that holds the end of the wire. Slide the wire back all the way to where you need to access the new trumpet. All the sleeves stayed in place over the rad. And just replace in reverse order. There's nothing to be worried about. Pull the end of the wire with some pliers to put a bit of tension on it or as I did cus of having no pliers- manually pull the mech in a little and do the nut up. when you release the mech, it takes up the tension and you're done. Hope you can follow my garbled explanation!

Fits a treat also mate, so come on people, you could need one of these one day!

Fits a treat also mate

Im pleased to hear that! So does it pull the lever that releases the pin, ok?

You say the black sleeve stays in place? How did you get the wire out of the sleeve. I dont want to bend it. Which way do you pull the wire, towards the passenger side or drivers? Do you not have to release the cable at the handle end or anything?

Im pleased to hear that! So does it pull the lever that releases the pin, ok?

You say the black sleeve stays in place? How did you get the wire out of the sleeve. I dont want to bend it. Which way do you pull the wire, towards the passenger side or drivers? Do you not have to release the cable at the handle end or anything?

Yep, it does its job perfectly.

You know what black sleeve I'm talking about? The one that runs along the top of the rad at the back of the slam panel. Once you undo the small bolt at the end of the wire, you can pull it back out of the sleeve from right to left as you look at the front of the car. I pulled the bonnet cable out of the couple of clips that go along the inside of the wing to help with pulling the wire out of the sleeve. This way, you don't bend the wire to much. Its quite robust, so don't be afraid of it mate. You don't need to do anything at the handle end.

Yeah i was afraid of bending it too much. Thanks for the tips i'll get it fitted also!

Rob - did you say you were send ing a payment over. Need your address also mate :D

Right, my bodge gave way today so now cant get back into the bonnet. SO either tomorrow aft (nice way to spend afternoon off) or weekend i will be getting this fitted.

what am i like ?! i forgot about this , will send payment as soon as i get home tommorow . regards rob

hi mate how much to pay? ive been through this thread twice , it must be me lol, cant see for looking !, regards rob

Got mine fitted today, took less then an hour and that included getting the car on the ramps and releasing the drivers side bonnet pin. Matt i did what you did and unclipped the cable from the wing and there was enough slack to pull the cable out. No probs at all! Nice change.

Oh and i sprayed my guide sleeve with black bbq paint before fitting

Whoops. Forgot about this again! Pm me your paypal and how much I owe and I'll get it done mate :)