stingman123

Biggest difference between a corrado and a R32

I'm seriously thinking of selling up my Storm and getting a R32, I've taken one for a quick spin and found them to be very nice, a smooth ride excellent grip etc.

Obviously you gan only get so much from a test drive and i was wondering if there was anyone here who has made the transisition and if so, what do you miss the most? whats the biggest positive and negative?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my Corrado, but age is taking over and I think I need somthing a little more "comfy".....sorry

TIA

Edited by stingman123

MK4 or MK5 R32?

StormChargedVR6 recently sold his immaculate Storm for a MK5 R32 and Pat McCrotch owned a VR6 and a MK5 R32 at the same time, so they are good chaps to speak to.

I drove Patty boy's MK5 a few times, standard and modified, and whilst it is indeed a very nice car, it lacks the steering feel, character and fun factor that the Corrado has. It all felt too easy and I was more or less along for the ride and the sweet cornering and traction were all of the car's doing, and nothing to do with me. The Corrado is so satisfying when you get a gear shift or a corner entry speed just right. Don't get me wrong, I would happily own a MK5 R32 (or a MK4 come to that) if I could afford it, but I would always miss the Corrado.

Still, most of us have to move on at some point and I can think of far worse cars than an R32 to move on to :D

As kev said. Amazing car, but it put a smile on my face for the wrong reasons, more for it's capabilities rather than driver enjoyment.

Having owned one, I don't think I would get another. The Corrado always made me feel good. Which is why i'm back in another :)

agree with kev it just doesn't have steering feel and character like the corrado thats why im back in a corrado

Is it me, or is the R32 the exception to the rule? It appears to me recently the price of big petrol engine'd cars like these have dropped quite a lot, whereas the R32 still holds its value?

Is it me, or is the R32 the exception to the rule? It appears to me recently the price of big petrol engine'd cars like these have dropped quite a lot, whereas the R32 still holds its value?

Limited production run ensures the residuals are good, the same will be said for the Scirocco R as they are only importing 500 a year IIRC to the UK.

me mate whom i bought mr vr from went on to buy a 32 , he agrees not as much fun as the rado , but nice having the benefits of a newer car. as for the value we were looking ar 32's the other day and he was shocked at what you can pick one up for now .

Took a couple of these for a spin, found the manual to be much better for obvious reasons, the DSG was too unpredictable for my liking. I did enjoy it though and found a big difference from the front wheel corrado experience to the 4 wheel drive. Agreed that the feedback and fun factor was not the same however as mentioned there is the benefits of a fun car to drive that is also newer, and for me personally, more comfortable to sit in.

I'm still deciding...

Storm now for sale.....:-(

The deciding factor was the fact that my dodgy back went again at the weekend, and I cannot get into let alone out of my C. Limped over to my in-laws and found it much easier to get into (and out of) his golf.

Sure, I'll miss my baby, but needs must. Reality check insists my back will never get any better.

See my listing and let me know what you think, pics were due to go up at the weekend but I couldn't was her, again because of my back. Getting her cleaned up today and will post pics this evening. Don't like the new selling forum though as I'm not sure how competitively I've priced her.

Shame, but don't be too disheartened. An R32 isn't a bad car to move onto ;)

I quite liked the DSG actually but if I owned such a car, I think I would use the manual paddles. I found the power delivery in auto mode to be very surgey and inconsistent.

It's the only VW since the 90s with any character, so enjoy it! :D

Shame to see you selling up. There's certainly an eclectic mix of Storms up for sale at present - the Supercharged one, OEM's one and yours. I assume you'll put it on Pistonheads etc as I must admit I'm like you in not feeling the love for the new sales site. I can see why the mods wanted to control it but not being able to read visible discussions between seller and would-be buyers take away it's unique selling point - it's now just like any other for sale site.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Anyway back to the subject in hand, R32 vs Corrado. My main issue now is that all Corrados are over 15 years old so naturally many parts are starting to break. I love the Corrado but find myself now thinking along same lines - ie: price of fixing the C versus just selling and using the money (set aside for repairs) plus a few k more to get an R32 which should be more reliable. I also think R32 residuals will hold up better as there's a bigger market for these cars than Corrados.

Thanks for the feedback guys,

i'll be posting up on other websites once the pics are ready, in the meantime I'm looking out for my first R32! Let me know if you think the price is competitive.

Thanks

It has to be pointed out - as everyone has missed it...................

The biggest difference.........Is the Shape !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I'm going........