robrado974

tps vw parts compared to gsf

ordered some parts today ,from tps , all the temp senders ,gearbox oil , and the front wheel bearings . the bearings are £72.00 sobs each , is it me or is that alot ? , question is i thought gsf were pattern parts ? so i dont want them as they wont last five minutes , or do they do genuine vw parts . if they do i will give them a bell in the morning for a price , advice wanted please .regards rob

gsf bearings are generally crap - front wheel bearings are pricey. Dealer ones are made by snr iirc and some of the bearinig suppliers i used to get the SKF ones said they were unable to get hold of the kits as apparently SKF only supplied these to dealerships. I paid around £45 per side for mine.

Edited by fla

GSF can not supply genuine VW parts per say. They can however offer genuine quality, for example when ordering a part manufactured by Bosch, they too can sell you a Bosch part but it will only carry a one year warranty not two year garantee offered by dealer. In your case VW do not make wheel bearings, they purchase them in bulk from manufacturers like SKF. So indeed you can buy an SKF bearing from GSF it will be OEM quality and inevitably cheaper. The simple rule is be able to know what you require and who manufactured that which you are buying.

i buy gsf parts as and when i also buy parts from tps..... wheal bearings id get from gsf never had a probelm with them.....

the old story with motor factors as opposed to VW/TPS is that you never know what stock the factors have, they often have 2 or 3 suppliers of the same parts, if they do specify Hella, bosch etc, then everything should be OK, but some of the obscure pattern part names can be pretty ropey and you don't always know what they will send you, my advice is to find out what make you should be looking out for and check the part out of the box at the factor's parts counter before buying.

I know I've mentioned this elsewhere but I replaced my front bearings with GSF supplied items in 2009 and they both needed replacing again last summer with less than 12,000 miles on them. The quality was an utter disgrace frankly, and more so considering the context that they were sold as fit for a 150mph performance car.

If you have a TPS near you then use them, as they only supply genuine parts and not third rate Chinese bearings which are made out of butter. If you buy the GSF ones to save money you deserve everything you get.

Hope this helps,

John

cv gaitors inner and outer both sides. gsf or tps????

edit quoted 41 inc vat from gsf not phoned tps yet

I know I've mentioned this elsewhere but I replaced my front bearings with GSF supplied items in 2009 and they both needed replacing again last summer with less than 12,000 miles on them. The quality was an utter disgrace frankly, and more so considering the context that they were sold as fit for a 150mph performance car.

If you have a TPS near you then use them, as they only supply genuine parts and not third rate Chinese bearings which are made out of butter. If you buy the GSF ones to save money you deserve everything you get.

Hope this helps,

John

Not too mention safety! - There seems to be no regulation or control on parts coming into this county and the quality of GSF stuff nowadays is shocking, I wouldn't even trust the branded stuff now as there are fake Bosch sensors all over eBay etc as it's such a big market.

I have often found TPS to be cheaper than gsf/ECP, if not ask for a discount :) they have always given me at least 10%.

Prob I have with parts from GSF/ECP is the quality is hit and miss, bits I would never buy from GSF/ECP include bearings, radiators some bits do require closer examination to confirm supplier.

Last thing I bought was a set of coil packs, TPS were £15 cheaper and gave me the proper bosch ones.

Not too mention safety! - There seems to be no regulation or control on parts coming into this county and the quality of GSF stuff nowadays is shocking, I wouldn't even trust the branded stuff now as there are fake Bosch sensors all over eBay etc as it's such a big market.

Mate I ain't even joking about it. Only a few weeks before the first one went I happened to be doing over 150mph on them. If a bearing had collapsed at that speed it would have been curtains for me. That's why I'm still a bit animated about it now - 12 months later.

tps £126 for heater matrix.gsf £26.10 bit of a differance

The GSF one must be made of paper mashe!

I can't fault TPS, very pleased with their prices. And you get piece of mind that you're buying genuine parts.

The GSF one must be made of paper mashe!

As mentioned before its all about finding out the manufacturer of the part your buying.

As far as i'm aware the £26 heater matrix is quite possibly made of cheese.

However the £44 Valeo version GSF also offer is as far as i could see an identical item to the standard VAG part. Result.

Answer to all this: Do some research on here or online to find actual manufacture of parts and search them down through all possibly sources until you find what you want as close to a price your happy with.

maybe i should of got a valeo heater matrix £50 ish.gsp made by tropan or sumut, reckon made in germany wich is norm good