Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

rear foglight mystery

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the corrados only come with one rear foglight working

The passenger side one never has a bulb in it...I realised this when i bought my second storm recently and it had no light bulb in the left side

I put one in and hey presto, two rear foglights-which look much better

I thought Id put a post of this nature up before but I must have been dreaming.....

Anyway, has this happened to anyone else?

:?:

Most German cars are made this way. The Germans take the (very valid) view that foglights on each side of the car could be confused with brakelights, in low visibility conditions (thick fog).

Topic moved to "common questions" section.

Most German cars are made this way. The Germans take the (very valid) view that foglights on each side of the car could be confused with brakelights, in low visibility conditions (thick fog).

Yeah you're not wrong, in my last car - remains nameless :oops: - I had some tw@t tailgaiting me for a couple of miles, so I remember my mate telling me to flick the rear fogs on in ocassions like this :D

Certainly did the trick and he dropped back miles :mrgreen:

Obviously I wouldnt recommend such methods to other drivers :wink: I've only ever done it the once

or just keep washing yur windscreen, that usualy gets em to back off when they get fed up of having to wash theirs too :wink:

My MK1 only had a single bulb as did the C, Put a second fog light in mine when I changed the clusters... I suppose that if you want to retain the OE look then a german N/S cluster would give you the reflector for the fog...

This might sound like a stupid question but is there a way to turn it on, or is it jsut always on, keep in mind I have a American Shipped Rado, Are they always on with the foglights or what? Never even heard of that rear fog light....... :shock:

The foglight switch on your dash should do it! First click on is front fogs, second click on then turns on the rear fog(s) as well as the front ones still being on.

For those of you that have put a 21w bulb in the nearside foglight housing, be warned, there is no metal heat reflector in there and consequently you could melt the surrounding plastic if left on for extended periods of time!

I've seen it happen on a MK2 Golf cluster :?

K

I had some spare bulbs so I put two into the missus' Golf before the MOT when her rear fog died... when it came back they had removed the extra bulb... one way to find out I guess :lol:

DtM.

I like that saying " Corrado ownership is like a drug : You Always Find Yourself Looking For Another Fix!!!!! This couldnt be more true, and if this is an old saying dont rub it in by sending lots of messages telling me so, im quite new to the Corrado seen :D :D

I like that saying " Corrado ownership is like a drug : You Always Find Yourself Looking For Another Fix!!!!!

LMAO love that