Fin2982

sloppy change

Just picked up the rado and the first drive was insane, Driven MK1, mk2 golfs and also a scirrocco and this handles better than any.

one problem I have is a slight selector problem with the gearbox. It feels sloppy while changing and selecting 1st is a right pig. anyone know a solution to this?

yep,mine broke month ago and got to the stage where linkage jumped off the pin leaving me coasting to a parking area cause i had no gears. two m6 or m8 washers and split pin later, permanent fix and much better changes

would also recomend oil change , mine feels realy nice since i have done it , even though what came out was not that grim .

Yep... check the circlip, oil change on the gearbox and get it adjusted by someone who knows how to set them up and it should be sweet again :)

there is a nut on the gearbox , undo that [get the tray ready before hand to catch the oil] . you will need a pump and a clean bottle to get the new oil back in ,as its not possible to pour the new oil in . regards rob

cheers rob i mite change it soon bet its not been done or level checked for years.is it 75w 90 semi syn

not sure without checking whats in the garage . i got mine from tps though , exellent price aswell.

It has been said before, but is worth repeating; undo the filler plug before you undo the drain plug. Firstly, you want to make sure that you can indeed refill the gearbox before you end up with no oil in it, and secondly it makes the oil run out much more quickly and easily.. Fill to the brim of the filler plug with the car on level ground.

Best wishes

RB

Had a word with one of the techs at work and he was going to have a look at it, I thought it was going to be something bigger than it was(like the time the golf ball in the shifter went on my mk1...easy job). he was busy tonight so I had a quick look and a quick trip to halfords(came out with a little more than I went in for) and 10mins later I had a fully functional shifter. Using a ramp at work on sat to try and find were the oil is coming from so I may do the gearbox oil while Ive got the chance

Had a word with one of the techs at work and he was going to have a look at it, I thought it was going to be something bigger than it was(like the time the golf ball in the shifter went on my mk1...easy job). he was busy tonight so I had a quick look and a quick trip to halfords(came out with a little more than I went in for) and 10mins later I had a fully functional shifter. Using a ramp at work on sat to try and find were the oil is coming from so I may do the gearbox oil while Ive got the chance

9 times out of ten its usually the problem is the output flange seal which you will see oil fired outwards from the flange.

there is a nut on the gearbox , undo that [get the tray ready before hand to catch the oil] . you will need a pump and a clean bottle to get the new oil back in ,as its not possible to pour the new oil in . regards rob

you can pour it in ..just

get a length of hose and poke it in the filler then use a funnel

never heard of that stuff,i work for unipart that sell oil made by fucs so most prob use that.

You've never heard of Redline oils? Seriously?!

you can pour it in ..just

get a length of hose and poke it in the filler then use a funnel

I second that, just about possible........and yeah defo MT90, mine felt better since......I think !!

Gearbox capacity 2 litres. Funnel and tube to refil is a must for ease and simplicity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk