robo22sri

hello newbie from essex

Hello, I am Rob from essex

I have been into vaux for a good few years and have decided to go vw!

I have been torn between a rado g60 or a golf gti/g60

I think the rado is winning lol

Any pointers for buying a rado would be wicked

Many thanks

Rob

i have just been looking at specs of the g60 and the vr6 and the vr6 figures are better bhp etc

is the vr6 better to tune or get powerout of easy?

index.php?action=dlattach%3Btopic=2637.0%3Battach=11748%3Bimage

VR6 vs G60... you are not going to get a straight answer, theres arguments for both but it depends on preference. I've got a VR6 and I absolutely love it, tuning wise you can do little bits and bobs like cams, obd2 conversion, exhaust etc but when you want to start getting further than that your into turbo/sc. Best advice is to go test drive them both and see what you think, theres plenty of topics about tuning around the site, just search for them.

Obviously i'm biased because I own a rado but given the chance i'd still go for a rado over a golf. Have a look here for the buyers guide http://wiki.the-corrado.net/the_corrado_buying_guide_checklist.html

Thank you for your reply mate

I do love the sound of the vr6 it is awesome bit the g60 has a distinct sound to lol

Am I right to say the vr6 has a lot mor torque than the g60?

I have a 16v Corrado and one of the other regulars owns G60 and 20v Turbo Corrados.

For me it would be the Corrado over the Golf. I've had a Mk1 Golf GTI, Mk2 Golf GTI and I own a Mk4 Golf GTI, none of them compare to the Corrado for me.

Given the choice I'd go for the VR6.

I thought i would add on to this thread instead starting a new one!

Well i now have a VR6 :D

I bought Zippyvr6 of of here's car and she is in brilliant condition for her age!

I need to do some little bits and bobs to tidy it up in the engine bay and outside

Is there many vr6 owners inessex or surrounding areas on here who fancy meeting up so i can pick their brains?

I've seen tamer Ghettos in LA compared to the Highwoods estate.

Lol, I just spat my drink across the room! (wife doesn't look that impressed...)

M.

Lol, I just spat my drink across the room! (wife doesn't look that impressed...)

M.

Are you from colcheter to bud?

I live in Hackney, but spend as many weekends as I can tinkering with the car which is kept just outside of Colchester, on the way to Clacton..... generally do more harm than good though. Trust me, having a Wiz like Kev nearby is a Godsend!!

Mark

Rob, did you get your bathroom finished? glad you found a Corrado, my sons has now been sold, and i think i am more disappointed than him, lol.

Cheers Kev

Rob, did you get your bathroom finished? glad you found a Corrado, my sons has now been sold, and i think i am more disappointed than him, lol.

Cheers Kev

Hello Kevin, no my bathroom is not finished yet lol

all the tiling is done needs to be grouted and door trimmed down

Glad yours sold :D I was very intrested in yours but the service history put me off a little :(

Another VR6 owner here in Colchester (well, just outside of it!) :thumbleft:

Happy to meet up you in Braintree or Colchester if you want some advice.

Where in essex are you guys ? yet to see a rado in essex apart from the g60 i saw in Braintree -

I live in basildon bud, just down the road from you

I dont drive my car very often its a weekend warrior :lol: who needs a lot of TLC