RadoVirgin

Led backlit Heater Control panels for late Corrados

Hi all I found this while researching the LED conversion i'm doing on all my switchgear. I'm in the process of attempting to make a replica for my VR6 and was wondering if there would be any interest on here. I'm either going to make a one off or I could potentially get the PCB's made so that people could solder on the LED's that they require.

In order to contract out the PCB manufacture I would need at least 10 to be made.

hvac_completed.jpg

hvac_pcb_mounted_on.jpg

hvac_pcb_mounted_off.jpg

If i'm honest I have no idea how much it will cost yet but I know it'll be drastically less than the $170 that this gentleman is asking!!

See for yourself

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4492917-FS-Corrado-later-style-HVAC-unit-with-AC-Switch-red-illumination

Edited by RadoVirgin

I wouldn't be interested in fancy colours. But I might be interested in a brighter standard green.

I'd be up for a green one to, with red/blue temp dial.

Edited by Dude VR6

I'd really like standard green for the fan speed and direction, but the blue -> red on the centre dial!

But would be happy with just a standard green on the whole panel. Definitely count me in for this one! :)

would you be able to make all the switches along with heater panel ??

i'd be up for a red lit one with the blue and red on the temp dial in the middle.

if you have DDI dials fitted all you need to do is get some el sheeting, and cut it around the dials and then plug it into the invertor, obviousy removing all the standard lighting first.

This looks amazing!... makes me wish i had a late dash :(

You should upgrade to a VR6 mate. They have the later dash :D

We'll it looks like i'm going to have to have some made then and it'll be the end of next week before I can get a prototype made. Once that's done i'll get a quote to see how much the pcbs will cost each and put together a price for a complete PCB and anoher price for a blank.

As far a doing the switches for other people, I'm planning to write a comprehensive article on how to tackle the colour changes but if people would still like me to carry the changes out for them then i'll look into it then but for now I'm going to concentrate on the PCB Production.

I'd like to thank everyone for your feedback and i'll be in touch soon

I'd be interested too standard green for me, But wouldnt mind seeing what green on the outer two and red and blue on the centre one looks like

We'll it looks like i'm going to have to have some made then and it'll be the end of next week before I can get a prototype made. Once that's done i'll get a quote to see how much the pcbs will cost each and put together a price for a complete PCB and anoher price for a blank.

Speaking as someone who is utterly useless with electronics, I'd really be keen in something thats just essentially just a plug and play swap / upgrade! :)

Gotta love this forums resolve to take on issues raised by old and less than perfect OE parts and find great new solutions. Would be interested in ready to go green set up at the right price:thumbleft:

Edited by OSV