mic_VR

the last word in the VR6 vs G60 debate......... maybe.......

So imagine the scene, the wife and I are driving up to the in-laws in Manchester when we come off the M62 to join the M66 heading to Bury and we pull up to a set of traffic lights just as a Corrado crosses in front of us....... and the following conversation takes place.....

Wife 'was it that corrado making that stupid noise?'

Me 'yes, and its not a stupid noise'

Wife 'yours doesn't sound like that'

Me 'well no but that's a G60, its meant to sound like that'

Wife 'it sounds like its got a cat being mangled in it'

Not much else you can say to that, plus I was too busy laughing...... girls eh? :lol:

Brilliant! What I love is that the preview of this thread mentioned pulling up at the lights and I genuinely thought that you were going to have pulled up alongside a G60 and had an impromptu drag race to settle the argument! How wrong I was...loving the wife's description of supercharger whine! :lol:

Gotta love that supercharger whine! My mk1 'rocco never fails to turn heads as I crawl through busy streets....although it's more small tiger being mangled! ;)

I sure do, I think she was first attracted to my large collection of polo-neck jumpers and from there marriage was the next logical step......

Not entirely that clearcut though.. who knows what goes on in the minds of non-petrolhead women. A few years back, on holiday in Cornwall, came to a hill just in time for a VR6 with an induction kit to turn past me and proceed to welly it past us. I revelled in the sound... my partner simply said "Sounds broken..." !

So from this I vote their opinions on these matters be stricken from the record!

I sure do, I think she was first attracted to my large collection of polo-neck jumpers and from there marriage was the next logical step......

Keep talking... I'm getting hard...

Keep talking... I'm getting hard...

You'll have to at least buy me a drink first..... like Toad does.....

Not entirely that clearcut though.. who knows what goes on in the minds of non-petrolhead women. A few years back, on holiday in Cornwall, came to a hill just in time for a VR6 with an induction kit to turn past me and proceed to welly it past us. I revelled in the sound... my partner simply said "Sounds broken..." !

So from this I vote their opinions on these matters be stricken from the record!

They just don't understand the inner workings of finely balanced bits of metal and how it excites the primitive side of our brains, bless 'em :D And neither do a lot of men I know either!

So in response to Clarkson saying the McLaren had more power than the Ferrari on TG last night, the GF says "What's the point of having all that power in a road car?", to which I replied "What's the point of a 2 carat diamond ring when you can buy 0.5 carat diamond rings?". And thereth the debate ended :D

^^^ great response!!!

Once when Jo asked me why I need the Corrado AND the golf, I asked her why she needed more than one pair of shoes.

But I just ended up getting confused by her use of "matching outfits" and "colour co-ordinating" so I don't really feel I won that one.