Stella

Stella's Khaki Corrado!

Wht is a splitter?

I know I probably sound daft but really have no idea!

But learning quick!

See my pic lol!

The wee black plastic lip that runs along the bottom of the front bumper is the splitter, theres a metal part that runs along the front of teh car behind that and I wondered if thats where this rust is ?

Ahh yes in the picture it looks like its teh metal thats attached to the bumper rather than teh car if that makes sense ? if thats the case its not as big an issue as I thought and probably wouldnt be an MOT issue.

Radiator support bracket (not sure of exact name)r, often pretty rotten but I don't think they are structural

Cheers OSV, thank god for that,

I have been zooming about in it today which is fantastic, I am so glad I finally got one!!!

Did see another Corrado today with one back light out, was flashing n waving like a lunatic :)

Car going back to garage on Friday to see about the other issues mentioned before,

Just need to stop smoking so I can afford fuel!!

Happy driving

Stella

Just need to stop smoking so I can afford fuel!!

well any reason to stop smoking is a good one, look forward to seeing this car soon.

karl

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Way-Women-Stop-Smoking-A-/150643657325?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item23130fca6d

My other half quit 14 weeks ago, she read the above book and it didn't work, they gave her a refund and she attended one of their seminars (£200 or so), from that day she's been nicoteen free. She previously tried patches, pills, gum, all failed. The first three weeks were hell, rowing, bickering etc

She was a 10 a day smoker so the course has already paid for itself.

Have the book, have the patches, was hoping the Corrado would be my inspiration ut not as yet!!

Did u get my message Karl?

Hey

The car does have an oil leek so need to replace the oil filter housing, I have spent the day looking on websites n calling people and have managed to find one for £50 + postage which is alot better that the 90+VAT I was quoted. The part numbers match but the part is advertised as an oil filter bracket, is this the same part?

Since leaving the car with the mechanic, the ABS light has come on also??

Stella

x

The ABS is most likey to be one of the front wheel sensors which will either need cleaning up or replacing. If the mechanic has VAGCOM then they can check for any error codes. The sensors are quite cheap so not a big deal if it's one of those.

I think I've replaced three of the four sensors in the last year. Yes they are cheap but can be a bu99er to remove the failed ones.

Best colour I reckon, looks real tidy. ABS sensors can be a pain to remove if they are corroded in, just need to be careful with the stator ring as they're usually pretty fragile!

nice meeting you today stella, and we will soon get him looking and sounding better, think for what you paid its a bloody good buy.

chat soon

karl

Cheers Karl!

I take back my previous comment, Karl's is far the best car where I live!

thats very kind of you to say stella.

but oh so true!!

Someone just pulled my mechanic over to take photos for a website, it's so dirty looking at mo but even they could see the potential!!

but oh so true!!

Someone just pulled my mechanic over to take photos for a website, it's so dirty looking at mo but even they could see the potential!!

bring it round here one day, and you will be amazed at how clean he will be after some menz/ag hd wax action. Just bring the bikkies lol

karl

i havnt seen this about tbh, that is if you live around birmingham.

Only see a few, karls is one, theres a couple of green ones too.

Used to be a silver one also but think they have sold it.

Its sad that i know but o well.

I know where a few are too and you do see em about, I not been out much yet!

I went to pay mechanic today and mentioned issue with oil housing but he told me tonight it's leaking somewhere else?

Did you notice that Karl?

Next time you washing let me know and ill bring my mit:)

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

What is the diddly-o on Edition 38 ?

Can you just turn up? Gonna go sunday!

I need to retrieve my car and wash it asap

i did not notice anywhere else it was leaking from, but you cant really tell unless you have a really good look from below. And bring him down next saturday and i will get my polisher out on him.