Stella

Stella's Khaki Corrado!

Hey corrado dudes:)

My first post about my lovely car does make me chuckle, I've had Kevin about a month now and just a few small issues is turning out to be a load of bollox quite frankly but this is fine, It's now a vocation!!

Anyhow, an engine bolt decided to take flight so does anyone know what bolt it might be?

Also, had the oil filter housing changed and for some reason I have an extra little rubber pin floating about on a blue wire, is this normal?

There are three of these but two are connected, is there a picture on here to see what it should be like?

I need a manual asap!

cheers peeps x

Hey

I still up and spent the night sorting out my cars paperwork and apparantly it was a demo car for VW so woooooo!!

Paperwork disappears from 2007 so i'm gonna write to the last ownner to find out where it been hiding, he might be on here, IAN Clarke where are you!

I showed you it earlier, the little rubber thing with a sensor pin inside on the blue wire ,i'll take a pick!

Just wanted to say i love the khaki... the colour :lol: Can't be many still on the go so you've got a rare one there. Any updates?

Hello

My car is beautiful and I still love it, my dad does not!!

Well i have been a busy little bee collecting parts on ebay and visiting Karl KADVR alot, he is a legend :)

I have had all sorts replaced now, the engine nearlly fell out when the engine mount bolt snapped so had all that replaced along with new rad hoses, new tyre. I have now brought wish bones/bushes new battery, windscreen wipers and motor, radiator, crossmember and valance, also interior tit bits.

I hope to get it all fitted over the next few weeks so should be running even better

Have slight issue with snapped bolts in wheel hub but hopefully getting it 'tapped out' tomorrow.

I have learnt so much over the last few months, my dad said i am the son he never had and he has three! hehe

Wheel sorted, battery fitted :)

If left running car cuts out and then needs jumping, why? - I think the stereo is sucking all the power, could this be so?

Also aas the car been sitting all week, need to keep topping up with water or temp light comes on, why is it loosing water, my dad head gasket but i hope he just trying to scare me, any ideas?

Unless your car has amplifiers fitted the stereo wouldn't drain the battery.

It sounds like it happens very quickly if the car is running then cuts out? Does the car need jump started then only runs for a bit then stalls, if so it sounds like the alternator isn't charging. As for the battery loosing charge it could be anything, common things i know of are the boot light staying on or a bad stereo or headlight wiring. But it really could be anything.

Loosing water always sounds like the head gasket has failed but check all the pipes and water pump first. My car was dripping water out the water pump but i never noticed until the pulley started rattling. The radiator is known to leak around the plastic connections where the pipes fit onto, check these also.

Hope this helps

elliott

Once the car is going its fine but if i leave it to warm up on drive it will cut out after a while and then the battery lights come on and i have jump it??

I think the stereo has something to do with it!

Will check pipes tomorrow and have a new rad to fit so that may help, my heaters only blow cold air too ????

Had a brand new batttery fitted

changed rad and cross member fitted

next job shocks and springs

Taking it to London on friday my first trip afar, hope all goes well in the snow!!

made it t london, my car drives like a dream :)

Will take mre pics soon when its polished

Happy Corrado Christmas :)

kevin does look sooooo nice after a good clean. And hold on a week or two with the suspension, i may be getting some new suspension so my KW V1's can go onto Kevin or Kevina lol

Edited by KADVR6

Glad you like it, I love my car full stop!

Have no clue about springs what are coil overs and can you put used ones on?

I love the colour of yours Portent but mine is fab :)

x

Be very careful, uprated springs or coilovers could totally ruin the car. Too hard or too low and you'll soon start to hate driving it.

Sorry, can't recommend anything but avoid the cheap stuff. Expect to pay around the £500 for the good stuff, you get what you pay for usually.