ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

No point wroth the WD40 as it won't get anywhere near the threads on the bolts.

They will come out ok I'm sure but use a 6 sided socket rather than a splined one as rounding these off will certainly spoil your day.

Always available if you need answers to questions Chris having just done it ALL :-)

Cheers guys! Going in the garage shortly to have a go, fingers crossed.

I'm sure I'll be in touch Kip, specially when it comes to filling the coolant, not looking forward to air locks and stuff.

Meant to ask, can I take the font cross member parts off ok to get powder coated without disturbing the engine etc?

Edited by ChrisL

Get plenty of leverage on it ie a long bar and slowly do it. As for air locks etc when hoses etc are back on leave the top hose loose and fill up from there until you see coolant appearing in the expansion tank, put the top hose back on then fill the rest from the expansion tank easy never had an airlock doing it that way

You can't take the front cross member off because the front engine mount is bolted to it, you would need to support the engine in order to remove it. you also have a power steering pipe going through the cross member so you'd need to disconnect that to take it off completely

Well, with the help of this little gem, I had no problems with the bolts at all.....

IMG-20121112-00389.jpg

So shortly after I am left with this:

IMG-20121112-00390.jpg

Didnt realise I'd have to mess with the power steering, oh dear I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

One thing I did notice, there is an electrical plug that seemed to connect to the bumper on the drivers side under the fog light and indicator - does anyone know what i'm talking about and what it is for please?

Slam panel next I think then dump the water and remove the radiator then onto the cross members........

"One thing I did notice, there is an electrical plug that seemed to connect to the bumper on the drivers side under the fog light and indicator - does anyone know what i'm talking about and what it is for please?"

...Think thats your outside temperature sensor

Yep - outside temp sensor. Have a look down the bottom of the bumper on the drivers side - you should see it in there :)

There's a small hole in the mesh grill section where the towing eye covers are for the sensor. right at the far end.

Thanks, refitted to the bumper now.

Dropped the beam and a few bits at the powder coaters today, getting done in the nylon powder with a zinc rich primer coat first. Will be ready Thursday so cant wait now.

The beam looked great after smoothing then shot blasting again.

had a good day on the car today, radiator, alternator, belt tensioner, power steering pump and bracket, air box, crossmember etc off.

so the car now sits like this:

ATT05245.jpg

ATT58294.jpg

What the hell am I doing!!!!!!!

Took fans off the radiator cowl then the 2 plastic fan cowls, unfortunately most of the clips broke so not sure what to do there, can these still be bought new?

Next job while the bits get shot blasted and coated is to get the alternator apart and spray the aluminium (got the pulley off already), clean the power steering pump and clean the wiring around the engine.

Hope this goes back together....

What the hell are you doing!!! :lol:

Them plastic cowls for the rad fans are still available at the dealers and pretty cheap too, about £8 each

Oooooh! Hope the pump survives as once mine was off it packed in lol!

Dont say that, i've seen how much new ones are!! Are they self priming? I might fill it before connecting the top hose.

I was going to leave it but the big aluminium bracket was so mucky.

What the hell are you doing!!! :lol:

Them plastic cowls for the rad fans are still available at the dealers and pretty cheap too, about £8 each

Brilliant, I was hoping they were still available.

I filled mine up with a syringe before fitting the top banjo bolt, all seems to of work quite well.

Manual says to fill it up then rotate by hand to help bleed it, i forgot to rotate mine

I filled mine up with a syringe before fitting the top banjo bolt, all seems to of work quite well.

Manual says to fill it up then rotate by hand to help bleed it, i forgot to rotate mine

Sounds like they are not self priming then. Thanks for the tipo with the syringe.

How simple is itto get the engine mount bracket off the front of the block? it could bo with blasting and coating but looks covered in electrics and other stuff.

if you work the fluid through by steering it left to right with the wheels off the ground that primes it up ok, i did this with the cap off too.

This is with the engine switched off BTW.

Then when confident the fluid has run into it ok fire it up as said in pm last week and keep it working left to right on full lock again with the cap off and watch the bubbles come out then once happy put cap back on, a good few drives round and round an empty supermarket car park and Roberts yer mothers brother ;)

Keep an eye on the level for a few drives after too.

Ordered my Christmas present yesterday and I can't wait!! Been after one for ages and will finish the car off nicely! Will arrive hopefully before Christmas.....

Judging by the delivery time I'm going to take a guess at something imported such as done spoonfed carbon fibre goodness.

Come on, spill the beans... What is it?????

Got to have at least 1 guess.

Fluffy dice....?

Nope, but it's on the list.

Judging by the delivery time I'm going to take a guess at something imported such as done spoonfed carbon fibre goodness.

Imported yes, 2 parts stock but 1 piece to be made!

Ferrari F430 body kit ?

Only in my dreams!