ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

Nice work mate, Going to look great!

My stuffs all away getting blasted and i'm collecting up new parts as we speak...... Update to follow!

I reckon its manifolds!

You're going for a twin back box, 6 tail pipe exhaust system....?

All coming out through the back window!!!

Wow!! by far my favourite corrado so far... its perfect..

Thanks!!

Nice work mate, Going to look great!

My stuffs all away getting blasted and i'm collecting up new parts as we speak...... Update to follow!

I reckon its manifolds!

update your thread with some pics then please.

I've gone for the full cat back system, the centre box is now available in stainless steel and they have stopped doing the straight bit of pipe but managed to get one of the last ones apparently. Just waiting for the middle box to be made now but should be ready mid december.

Nice powder coated rear beam something I want to do in the future...the two "cup shaped" structure at either end of the beam Iam sure they are still the old metal casing of the old bush.

Exhaust was ordered from C and R, worked out roughly the same price as direct from italy. Wanted one for ages now and since they started the stainless centre box and also stopping making the connecting pipe, now seemed a good time.

The outers from the rear bushes are pre-cut and just pop out, keeps them clean from powder coat. I also welded a cap over the ends of the tube part of the torsion bar to try and make it a bit cleaner from the ends.

The bracket that holds the power steering pipe and a few cables was looking a bit rough so made a new stainless one at work:

ATT64193.jpg

also cleaned a bit more of the bay, before:

ATT40087.jpg

and after:

ATT28555.jpg

Finally, been cleaning the gearbox, starter motor and some of the cables etc:

ATT43180.jpg

Just waiting for parts from the blasters so I can smooth pitting and powder coat then start the assembly.

How would I know if the front engine mount needed replacing?

Looks like some cracking work mate i like those brackets , try putting the car in gear with the brakes on and lift the clutch slowly , you should be able to tell if theres mo ement in them as the engine strains forward , at least i think thats how anyway , someone will confirm

Looking good bud.

I collect the last of the parts I need to start putting the front end back on tomorrow. I could put it all together in a day but I'm tempted to hold back and do some cleaning as well but I'm just so desperate to drive it!

Cheers, Im desparate to start the back as my exhaust comes soon but looks like I wont get the stuff to powder coaters till after Christmas.

I decided against doing any painting (alternator, tensioner etc) because it's too cold to paint and I'm rubbish at it. Need to finish the mechanical bits before I get started on 'the nice' stuff!

Was hoping to get this little lot powder coated before everywhere closes for Christmas but my mate took a little longer then expected shot blasting. pleased with the finish, hardly any rust pitting on it at all really so shouldnt take much sanding.

ATT27874_zps256afcb6.jpg

Oh, and my exhaust is now in the UK, hoping it will be delivered Monday.

Some nice work going on here , quick blasts on the throttle will usually tell any movement in the mounts , im sure santa wont mind if you open boxes early !

new belt, power steering fluid and copper washers picked up from VW yesterday so started putting the front back together this morning. Got to wait a couple of weeks for the cooling fan 'v' belt to arrive so this will be about right for the front parts from powdercoaters. Also ordered new bushes, cooling fan rings and various bolts etc to assemble the front.

Quite pleased with how its going anyway:

ATT19846_zpsdd74fe3b.jpg

Also, quick picture of the new rear box:

ATT93551_zpsf311a106.jpg

Edited by ChrisL

How did you fab up the alternator Chris?

Pretty crudely really Paul, I tried to take it apart but looked far to complicated so ended up taking the pullety and end cover off, gave it a good wire brush and bunged up the vent bits with kitchen roll and sprayed it. the kitchen roll took a bit of getting out with tweezers and a small screwdriver!!

Lovely mate, nice kitchen too:)

thanks!! my first attempt at tiling that aswell!!

It's great to see that this car went to someone as enthusiastic as Bill was. Great stuff and some good work being done there! :)

front crossmember and rad support back from powder coaters, all bushed up (thanks Kip!!) and assembled ready to put back on

The quality of the powder coating is fantastic and the steel looks like new with no rust pitting at all.

IMG-20130110-00531_zpsc328b614.jpg

IMG-20130110-00532_zps2de16d5a.jpg

Also, the fan shroud back and assembled with the cleaned up fan and new plastic cowls

IMG-20130110-00533_zps924e1cd8.jpg

Amazing work. Stunning car! You've taken some great shots of her :salute:

Would like to see it in the flesh - are you going to any shows this year, national day??