24V Renshaw

Renshaw project (probably going to sell / swap)

Ah ha cheers Kev, probably why I have never seen them before, my old C didn't have ABS when it was a G60 and when it went 24v I installed the whole MK4 Golf ABS system along with the MK4 loom which of course didn't include those relays.

Jay

Rattle source No. 3

Tonight I decided to investigate a bit of a rattle coming from the back of the headlining.

On lowering of the headlining I found the clip which holds the aerial lead was not clipped into the hole and the lead was obviously free to rattle around.

It's now all clipped in and secure and the rattle is gone.

cf7932f8.jpg

I also found another little rattle at the top of the rear 1/4 interior trim, which i will investigate next. I am pretty sure it's a loose loom.

Jay

Did you put any foam between the aerial cable and the roof? This one is such a weak clip it will come off in no time. I used a thick felt pad there.

The upper rear passenger-side quarter is one i just cant work out, so if you come up with something please share!

Yeah i put the foam in. My clip popped in very tight, so we will see.

I did add a tie wrap to the wire too just to make sure LOL.

Will see tomorrow what I find on the rear 1/4

Jay

Started a random job last night after reading all the "cup holder" posts and thought why can't you just fit one into the existing ashtray. I happened to have a spare and it turned out it fitted quite nicely after a lot of dremmeling.

Best thing is it will clip in in the same way as the factory ashtray and be nice and secure. Ultimately it is reversible too.

5f0794ee.jpg

97189877.jpg

Will fit it later today.

Jay

Edited by 24V Renshaw

Decided the Audi wheel was going to be too big and after seeing Chris' and Karls momo wheels, which I think suit the corrado so well I have finally found one on eBay and bought it tonight.

1d4e2180.jpg

Jay

Excellent purchase Jay. Dont know how you find them. I've never seen one on Ebay before.

Nice touch of period class there Jay. And hopefully should look right on the money with the rest of your interior. I've dabbled with a few Momos over the years, mainly due to the gauge of the wheel and have settled on my favourite one, which design wise is not a million miles away from yours.

Never been a fan of the OE Corrado wheels "feel". They look alright, but personally they just don't fit right.

Be sure to post up an installed shot when you get a momo-ment (tee-hee !)

LOL. Boom Booom!

Well the wheel is not arriving until Monday, so will post pics up when I get it fitted.

Tested my cupholder on the way to work this morning with a very full cup of tea and I was extremely pleased, it stayed well put, even with some spirited driving.

3db8f17d.jpg

Also replaced my suspect throttle damper at lunchtime and it has made the world of difference to the "off throttle snap" that I was getting...

Jay

Good to see you today mate, thanks again, I think the Rado looks fantastic in the flesh! ;)

Cheers Matt. Good to see you too mate. Didn't realise quite how long we were chatting cars etc.. LOL.

I bought one of the group buy ones, but was not happy with it at all as it would not fix in like a factory part at all. So i used the "pipe" bit of it and binned the rest. Expensive way to do it, but never mind, its the perfect size and shape. It is definitely some kind of guttering adaptor or similar.

Jay

Oh dear........

d11b37d6.jpg

Jay

you got a good chiropractor local to you?? your gonna need it with spax coilovers

Edited by KADVR6
i'm dyslexic???????????

you got a good chiropodist local to you?? your gonna need it with spax coilovers

Why what do they do to your feet? ;)

Seriously though, you can change springs for about £25 on coilovers and they are damping adjustable so why people say certain coilovers are "too stiff" is beyond me. They are a quality brand. I am also only using them on the front as I want shorter shock bodies than you get with fixed dampers.

Jay

Edited by 24V Renshaw