Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Phil K's old C and others - new German Coupe!

should look a whole lot more special soon

Any cles as to whats coming or is it going to be a Suprise???

No big suprise and nothing ground breaking... new paint (if the original can't be saved) single headlight grill, crystal cross hair headlights, single light grill, momo steering wheel, bigger brakes and some 8 or 7.5x15 BBS RS or RM's 8)

Don't want to do anything to it that can't be reversed... owning a Rivage is much the same as having a Storm I guess - you want to improve it but not change it :D

owning a Rivage is much the same as having a Storm I guess - you want to improve it but not change it

Sounds good, did they make many of them??

The mods list sounds lovely, looking forward to seeing it..

From what I have read there were about 750 Rivage's made and sold in the UK - Blue was the main colour and was available with cloth or leather. There were only around 50 Pearl Green ones made and they all came with heated cream leather... this is only from what I have read on other forums so it's anyones guess to how accurate it is - I will keep this updated though when I learn more 8)

A nice special car to have...

How does it compare to the Rado, im assuming its a 1.8...

Different car all together so a comparison is hard to make but I'll have a go...

For a start there's no power steering (only ever came on late lhd cabs - bless the germans) and the brakes suck... but, with a few hours behind the wheel you soon get used to it and in fact the brakes do work well you just have to be ready to put more weight on them. Steering isn't so bad so long as you're rolling but I will be developing some better arm muscles if I keep going for the parallel park option when out and about :lol:

There's also the vague 'camp hairdresser' feeling you get when you first jump in and wonder if it really is too cold to take the hood down :oops:

The 1.8i GTI engine really does perform well though and it's a real hoot to drive - nippy enough to be first away from the lights and OMG does it rev freely - much more like a bike engine when compared to a valver or VR for that matter - combine that with go-kart handling and you have a big grin factor!

So, all in all it's great fun, has some creature comforts like electric windows and a power hood and has the extra dimension of being able to get the wind in your hair/bald patch!

The Leon does everything the C did and I hate to say it but it does it better too - having the Golf is going to be great for the summer and keeping something that I can treat as a project...

The Cab has made me realise how over-servoed modern cars are though and once it's dry I'm re-inspired to drive the LCR with out ESP turned on to see if I can feel as connected to it as I feel when I'm in the Golf 8)

Roll on spring!

you can get 8's and 9's RM's on that!!!! proper ghetto stylz

looks sweet phil, good on ya

Cheers fella, nice one - I really didn't want to end up having to do arch work! Let me know if you spot or know of any going 8)

I think the things you have said add to the character of the car, you must be well chuffed.

Defintely a summer car, wont be long now...

Pic for page 31... think this (and my current sig) shows the size difference between what started life as a hot hatch in the early 80's and a current (ok nearly current) hot hatch!

Funny thing is when you drive them they don't feel all that different!

Can't wait for summer though as hood down beats air con in my book 8)

Not sure on the new grille, probably grow on me though!

New wheels..love them 8)

I know what you mean mate... but I love the euro thang - it still looks OEM as a daily on the le castelets if that helps you at all ;)

EDIT: Pic added for page 32 8)

8x15'' ET25 - have to use 5mm spacers on the front though as there was slight clearence issues with the calipers...

How you getting on with yours?

very very nice phil, the Rivage looks almost brand new!! Good wheel choice too, if it were mine I'd colour code the centers but it still looks sweet as it is

That may well happen but it's going to be a good few months down the line as my finances need to recover first ;)

8x15'' ET25 - have to use 5mm spacers on the front though as there was slight clearence issues with the calipers...

How you getting on with yours?

Mmmm... interesting!!!!! So 8's fit on without clearance issues then? What about 16x8 ?? and is et30 the maximum you can go without arch fouling?

:)

mtc R32, don't know about 16's but the 15's seem fine - hard to tell with out driving it yet but it all looks as though there's plenty of clearence - should have them on properly by this evening so will let you know later! Sounds like you're thinking of D90's to me :lol:

Thanks Jon - you had to blow my big E38 show car suprise :roll: :lol:

Thanks Jon - you had to blow my big E38 show car suprise :roll: :lol:

Thought you were going to Ultimate Dubs in the PPPP "Pink Phil Pimp Probe"? :lol: