dragon green

R.I.P Dragon greens ride

After 11 years,120k together leaving my car outside on the road(lane) some stupid woman swerved to miss a cat, hit mine,shunted it onto the kerb,pushed it 8ft into another car ! All in a residential area ! Her car was towed away,Police called !!

My Corradon20vt is a write off ! Eleven days before it goes into a windows out respray !!!

Gutted,doesn't sum it up !

5284f8a5-c054-c0cd.jpg

At the scene

52848b68-c081-0ae8.jpg

Hundred yards away under my carport !

Edited by dragon green

Ahh mate, horrible sight. Is there any way to cut out the damaged areas and weld new panels pieces from a breaker? Difficult to tell the full extent of damage as I'm using my phone.

oh god what a bloody shame after all the work/money you have put into the car.

truly feel your pain as been there myself.

Well maybe the saving grace is it happened before the respray. I doubt the insurance payout would be much difference between pre and post respray. So it could have been a lot worse.

Any idea what you would do now? Another Corrado or take a break?

Once again, crap news :(

Sucks when you see this kind of crap happen, I mean I like cats... But I like Corrados a lot more! Feel really sorry for you mate...

Absolutely gutted for you! However...the saving grace (as has already been said) is that it happened before the respray! Also, its the rear end which means that the important end is hopefully less damaged from being shunted into the other car and if you have the motivation you could always use your insurance payout to buy another Corrado and your car back and carry out a reshell of the engine etc?

Am totally feeling what you do right now Buddy. :( really bad news! hope the stupid wench gets whats coming......but she probably wont.

Awful :(

Without sounding like a vulture. Have your insurance company offered you the chance to buy it back? It would be a shame for it to get 'lost' to the breakers and you could make a pretty penny from breaking it yourself AND save a few more C's on here ;)

What a heartbreaker! :(

As Pat_McCrotch says though.. onwards and upwards. Buy that back from the insurers, find a mint shelled Corrado (without the need for a respray) and get everything moved over? A lot of work but it's far from game over.. at least she didn't smash up the engine!

Hope you get a good result with the insurance.

As above really - awful news but good job the respray wasn't done as you'd have lost big time on that. I hope you get a decent pay out to get another Corrado in your life soon.

Really gutted for you- you've put such a huge amount of hard work into it- stunning car :(

Let's hope the insuranse company play ball and cough up what it's worth...

Bad news, but isn't this a godsend? The insurance payout can cover the respray of a corrado shell and you can buy back the damaged one to allow it to be reshelled into the freshly painted body.