dragon green

Now with new paint and leather

On 8/14/2018 at 5:06 PM, dragon green said:

Fixed my loose gear shifter surround, over the years the locating tabs broke,my spare one is my old grey one,so I fabricated a couple of brackets out of some thin aluminium angle I had laying about.

Fits nice and snug now

[ATTACH]94771[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]94774[/ATTACH]

These pics seem to have disappeared.  Any chance you could post up again please?  My shifter surround has the same issue!

Hasan

2 hours ago, dragon green said:

Just been through another MOT, two advisory’s,
Not bad for a 29 year old car with 273k on the clock emoji41.png
bae309c4ba47f91016fe82eac0d74882.jpg

Dug this out my loft,can’t be many unused spoilers left.
Not for sale,as now on my car

Very nice.  Any fitted shots?

Rear wheel was looking a bit out of sorts ! Thought I had bent a stub axle, further investigation, and my rear beam had rusted through, and my rear wheel was nearly touching the strut !
Note. This wasn’t the original one, but one I got off eBay, about 14 years ago when the car nearly got wrote off
195ff76eb4314df9ba50c7c09d4645e9.jpg

The one I replaced it with ,is a Mk2 golf, (blasted and painted) with new bushes,bolts etc

Ouch but good you've fixed it already. You must be coming up to another MOT again soon - what's the mileage now and any more pics of the car? It looks to be holding up nicer (axle aside) on the last picture. Is it a 1.8t if I remember correctly? 

Edit to add - such a shame all the pictures and history have gone from the threads.  

Edited by MJA

Yep 1.8t, mileage 280k, I got my mechanic mate to do the beam for me, I had new rear discs,pads etc I was going to put on for the MOT,(next month) so they went on the rear, he found one of the carrier pins had snapped ! Luckily I had a spare carrier in my stash of spares

Lets see some winter dirt pics 😄 Nice to see one used daily. Do you ever worry about a minor impact like a wing or a headlight (or fog) going or do you have those in stock. 

I’ve got headlight protectors on, they really help,(I’ve got spare lenses) I’ve got lamin-x over the fogs and indicator’s, didn’t stop a fog light getting cracked , I bought a set of tinted plastic lenses from corrado farm parts (USA) I did the indicators,and one fog, am trying to get a damaged fog, to put the other onto, as I don’t want to ruin a good fog,
Got three sets of indicators,and 2 1/2 fogs,
I’ve still got the hi-spec four pot calipers on the front, they’ve done about 180k now, apart from routine cleaning,(pads,pins etc) they are so much more reliable then OE, I’ve had about 3 sets (new) of rear calipers (mk4)

Your car is looking fantastic. Let me know which side fog you need. I have a broken one somewhere that I may find in the next couple of months.,.. somewhere in the house or garage !!

Your car is looking fantastic. Let me know which side fog you need. I have a broken one somewhere that I may find in the next couple of months.,.. somewhere in the house or garage !!

Thank you,
I’m after the offside, (drivers)

I love a high mileage hero car - great results on the MOT show the effort you put in and you must drive with mechanical sympathy - well done.