sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

hi just thaught id start a new build thread for the new vr, travelled up to market harbrough two sundays ago after seeing this for sale on ebay while i was waiting to catch my plain in manchester airport to go on holiday , had a few words with the owner and i said if its still there when i came back i would come view it ,after i came back it was still for sale and off of ebay so without even seeing it other than in photos i went to bank got a loan and then swapped my insurance over from the valver and off we went to have a look .......and drove it back the same day

heres a quik spec nothing special but its a start

93 corrado vr6

98 000 miles

full black cloth interior in immaculate condition ,not a rip scratch or tear anywere

crappy air filter

jom coilovers

what i think is a magnex back box

its been faultless im chuffed to bits with it and every chance to go out in it i take the sounds is amazing and it feels really nice and easy to drive more so than the valver

iv been camping in it this weekend and managed some how to get a very respectable 39.5 mpg out of her lol.

future plans are undecided yet but im trying to keep this one standard looking , going to refurb all the brakes and change the jom coilovers for some weitecs i think ,ill be changing the induction kit as soon as possible , a full service is on its way including gearbox oil change , ill refurb the wheels with a nice new colour or if i cant resist maybe some new wheels .....iv already been looking , think i might have a de cat of swift kid and hopefully ill get a full system on there aswell.

other than that just cleaning it up as much as possible going to do the inner arches soon and waxoil them up , i want to keep this as clean as pos as theres no rust what so ever on the car wich im rather happy about

ill be keeping this updated as much as poss so any comments are apreiciated and sorry if the pics are crap i cant resize them right at the moment for some reason anyway here it is

Edited by sexybourbon

Cheers lads i quite liked the photo of the bay its a bit different and yea im liking the colour now its growing on me ! Im not a massive fan of green but ill make an eception haha

just a quick update to my thread as iv done a few bits ,spruced up the engine bay a bit and sprayed the engine cover still got a bit to go as i want the mani shotblasting but going to wait it out to se if i go obd2 or not and just get the obd2 mani done before i put it on .

new wheels , there 16 inch speedlines 7j wide and the ride is good but they do need new tyres and a refurb

front lights are all light smoke headlight protectors and the fogs laminx

also got a full magnex system off chrisl on here so thanks for that mate it sounds awsome just need to extend the decat now and fit that when the weather gets better

also gor a dodo juice buff daddy off the other half for christmas so lucking forward to getting the car done with it in better weather , i have had a go but i think more practise is needed

the car clocked 100,000 the other week and its stillgoing strong, i never found out who keyed it tho still gutted about it but i cant do anything about it now i suppose just suck in and get saving

some pics

Quik update got the wheels sprayed over the weekend , its a garage job but its gone well and only took me a day to do , got four brand new rainsports 2's to go on them aswell just need some spacers all round

A few pics of them just need to let them harden off then i can machine polish them to get rid of a few pips

Looking good Matt. Did you paint them?

Need to get your inlet manifold off for a quick lick of paint too.

Cheers chris yea i did them in the garage paint cost 20 quid so was cheaper for me to do the work ! Im skint !! Gonna do the mani in a month or so wen i have my op on my dodgy wrist gonna remove it before it and then get it done when im not able to drive who did you use by the way ?

Odub there are lots out there mine wer of a subaru so had to carefully remove 1mm from the center bore to fit 57.1 as scoobys are 56.1 still bot bad for 150 quid with tyres on tho

I did mine myself, got it blasted at a place we use at work then sprayed it in the garage. Easy job to take off.

Hurry up and get them wheels on now!!!

Cool well ill get it blasted and you can spray it cos i wont be able to lol and i know i want some spacers aswell but i need the paint to harden first so i can fit the tyres , you havent got any spacers lying about have ya

Cool well ill get it blasted and you can spray it cos i wont be able to lol and i know i want some spacers aswell but i need the paint to harden first so i can fit the tyres , you havent got any spacers lying about have ya

I only sprayed mine out of a can on the garage floor!! I haven't got any spacers no sorry. Whats the big bang?

Haha i was only joking about you spraying it and iv priced some up from from a place i found in the golf+ mag this month there anodised black and at 54 quid delivered for a pair there cheap aswell also come with bolts

I was gonna txt ya about big bang its a big show at santa pod the dates are 26th to the 29th of april kinda a show and all the racing and camping rolled in to one , 35 quid for the full weekend per person if you was interested ? Dave from bev is goin aswell so i think a convoy is in order along with another few corrados

Hey, yea I'll be going hopefully with my rado looking amazing! Its an all weekend event, run what you brung is extra but thats a given really. Been the last few years and its always been a right laugh, its almost like a music festival for air cooled car nuts haha!

Never been but this year we will be im looking forward to a barby and a few beers and i would have thought elsecar will be good aswell went last year and there was some nice stuff there , are they still mixing the two together this year for the golf rallys aswell as everything else