sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

So its been ages since i updated this and i havent done alot really so its time to get motivated

The car took a turn and threw a big paddy , well actuall lots of little paddys all in one month so

The heater controlls broke on directional

The door seals let go and let a ton of water in soaked the sound deadning so out came the interior

Headlight switch went faulty

My front speakers decided not to work any more

The heater blower has started squeeling like a pig

The dash illumination , a bulb has gone so the clocks need to come out

I fitted a wiring kit and amp but the amo blew up so thats fooked

I kind of gave up on the run in to christmas but iv found the love and i wrote a to do list wich seems to be the only way i can actually concentrate on getting things done

So up to now iv took all the old sound deadning out and replaced it with some fresh underlay

7ususazu.jpg

Then fitted some thick carpet on top of that to keep some noise out and to pad it out

apyvyve9.jpg

Then gave the carpets a good clean and hoover and got them back in and fitted all but the undertrays back in as i still need to fix the heater blower

Iv also fitted some hertz two way components and ran some fresh good quality cable through the doors

Fitted the tweaters in the door triangles to keep the sound good

Iv also removed all the wiring kit and amp now as it just wasnt me and every time i opened the boot i just thought that looks wrong

Iv put a new head unit in aswell this one

e6y7y2ej.jpg

I also sound deadend the doors with skinz sound deadning

razatege.jpg

I think thats about it for now but hopefully going to be getting things done a bit quiker with my new found motivation and ill hopefully be ordering some decent coilovers soon aswell

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Oh i also fitted some newer better condition door seals of the dragon green break that was recently on here

Fitted them with a non setting gloop kinda stuff a bit like tiger seal wich will hopefully keep the water out

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

And finally my corrado to do list wich im still adding to lol wish me and the car luck

2ubepe8e.jpg

Nice work. Never thought of putting extra paddings in the floor plan. I could have done this when I had my carpets out before. Maybe a job for the warmer months month for me. Has it made a big difference noise wise.

Cheers vwvw , i think so mate but iv been driving round with no interior for a couple of months so it deffo sounded alot quieter , but i would say it definatly works and its alot cheaper than heavy sound deadning and the carpets feel nice and spongy

Got home from work today and had it out with the dash clocks as the panel on the left that reads the mpg and oil temp and stuff had blown a bulb so took those out and got a new bulb from halfords

Also took some tracings of the filter paper stuff that makes the clocks green so i can have a play with some different colours

Ill post some pics of the right bulb for anyone reading as i had to drive to halfords with no clocks and had to slow right down for a few cameras

Also ran the new better quality speaker cable through the back of the dash while the clocks was out so its there for when it comes to connecting them up

Hopefully ill keep plodding on with stuff now so more updated tomorrow uvu5utyj.jpg

avajysaj.jpg

amarypag.jpg

---------- Post added at 9:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:17 PM ----------

Also thought id better put in that the oil was changed and the car serviced at 106500 miles with synta silver

And also while i was at it i was having some running issues at the time so went about sorting that , ended up being a brittle pipe running from just under the inlet manifold to the manifold its self so changed that to a bit of fresh red new pipe and while there also

Raised the throttle dampner a tad

Cleaned the maf with switch cleaner stuff

Cleaned the throttle body

Cleaned all the ht leads

Sprayed the igtition caps with wd40

Took the coil pack of , dryed and then sealed a small crack on the corner of the pack

Took the bmc apart and cleaned that out and the filter

Checked all the pipes for any vacume leaks

Wire wooled the batter terminals and copper greased them

Checked all the wires for cracks and frayed wires bit was all ok

Cleaned all sensors and plugs with switch cleaner

And finally took off all the engine plastics and cleaned those and sprayed the engine cover so its nice and clean again

Thats all for now lol

Looking good, lists are always a bad idea lol... mine started off a few things then ended up a long list! I have a spare aerial gasket if you want it, its not perfect in my eyes because I'm a picky git but its brand new and unused!

Haha cheers mate i always find it helps get stuff done otherwise i just got to the garage and get a wash mit and bucket and think ahh ill wash it today lol

Cheers for the offer of the gasket but iv already ordered one that got delivered a few weeks ago i just have to find it lol as christmas kind of lost it

Do you know much about coilovers dave im crap to say the least lol iv asked the suspension discussion thread but theres not been much of a response , im going to order the weitec hicon gt and just wanted a bit of reassurance i think lol

Hows urs goin now mate everything ok seen you the other day again thought you had new wheels now

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Haha cheers mate i always find it helps get stuff done otherwise i just got to the garage and get a wash mit and bucket and think ahh ill wash it today lol

Cheers for the offer of the gasket but iv already ordered one that got delivered a few weeks ago i just have to find it lol as christmas kind of lost it

Do you know much about coilovers dave im crap to say the least lol iv asked the suspension discussion thread but theres not been much of a response , im going to order the weitec hicon gt and just wanted a bit of reassurance i think lol

Hows urs goin now mate everything ok seen you the other day again thought you had new wheels now

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Haha iv also just realised this " its not perfect .... But brand new and unused " how the hell do you work that out haha

Another quik fix done the other day , my heater blower was making some crazy squeeling and squeeking noises when going left or basically constantly on setting 1

So took the motor out and split it from its motor housing (just pulls out ) and gave it a blow out with the compressor and then gave it a good oil with some chain lubricant , i didnt want to use dw40 as it seems to thin to oil it properly

Anyway its all back in now and its silent and smooth again wich is more than satisfying lol

---------- Post added at 8:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:56 PM ----------

6atubumy.jpg

bupa9aqy.jpg

Also ran the other new door speaker cable through to the head unit while i was faffing about under that side before the trims go back in

Its a nice easy job mate and if yours has done it as long as mine then its ace once its fixed haha

If you look underneath the dash the electrics just unclip from the motor , then the motor just twists out clock wise, then the actual motor pulls out then theres three little rubber tabs to push in just to let the motor free

Ordered these last week from venom after trying to decide for ages what setup to get

Finally decided on weitec as there made by kw and after reading some reviews was happy to go with them

They turned up today so im a happy bunny today , just need to get all the other front end parts fitted and then i can fit these

a3y7ahap.jpg

hete6y4u.jpg

And im also waiting on a powerflex steering mount kit to come from venom aswell and im poping to my mechanics in morning to start sorting a straight through exhaust out and i might also see if he can weld me up a shorter back box and a twin pipe a bit like one side of an m3 but my only worry with doing that is will it effect any kind of performance doing so

Going to be ordering all my other parts soon aswell for the front end

Its just the stupid weather im really waiting on now

Cheers mcdaddy cant wait to get them on .

On other things iv got a few more bits done yesterday to the car

I finally got the straight through exhaust made up and fitted so im pleased with that and id just like to say a massive thanks to jamiehamy for sending me the exhaust for free wich i never expected but was a very nice thing to do so thanks for that mate your a star

7e9eru2y.jpg

We took the magnex of because i really didnt want to chop this up as its a great system

a5ezenyb.jpg

Then cut up the other back silencer and ended up a few hours later with this

rema3e6a.jpg

We used a nice big clamp to stop any blowing and it fit perfect , and its now a very loud vr , that can be put back to standard in about half an hour

Iv fitted a new eariel gasket aswell wich tidies it up great as i blew the other one off with the jet wash

The seal was only about 2.50 so happy with that little refreshment

pe3ysagu.jpg

ymatynup.jpg

These turned up the other day aswell so ill try fit these when the weather gets better

uzuzuba3.jpg

Powerflex steering rack mounts , i think this will be the only thing i power flex unless i decide i can do the antiroll bar bushes with them without making the ride to hard wich i dont think it should , does anyone know if it will or not ??

Great thread, and great work all round.:thumbleft:

That suitcase silencer removal doesn't half create some room underneath eh!:cheers: I think we need video's/sound clips!

What size ID or OD is that exhaust clamp? been meaning to pick one up for a while but not sure on the size I need.

Neil.

I'd be interested to know how loud the exhaust is with the one silencer removed. I know that when I fitted a straight through single silencer GRP1 exhaust system on my RS2000 (yes I'm going back to my RS days....LOL) it was very loud!!

Cheers riley its good to hear some positives,

I cant tell you the size of the clamp but it fit very snug on to a standard 2 1/4 inch if that helps and yea it does creat some space lol

As far as noise goes driver its loud but if driven nicely its still quiet just trundling along until you open it up and at motorway speeds its just the same again until you put your foot down

Not sure how you do videos but ill try get some fly by vids wen i get some nice weather and roads , i do t think the gf would be happy left out in the cold while i drive past her as fast as i can haha

Cheers jaimy still cant thank you enough for that , once im paid this month ill make a contribution to the corrado forum for you good will

I thought id post up a few pics of a little treat for the corrado

Its a raid dino wheel , iv done some searching but cant fint much about them , the box it came in said made in italy so presume its half decent but im definatly happy with it anyway it feels really nice to drive with and its practically the same size and width

ebevehy2.jpg

y3amavu5.jpg

Still need some pics of it on the car but im pretty pleased

If anyone has any info on these wteering wheels id like to know a bit more about them

Haha jim sorry man what oil did you use i used quite a think kinda oil/ grease

Iv done a few bits since i last posted so here we go

I pulled out on someone a bit and thought oops better put my foot down , booted the car and the rad popped lol ,

So a new rad was ordered via adrad a company up north , cheers lilfuzzer for pointing me in the right direction

I thought it was going to be a no make rad but it came and was a hella one with the hella booklet

This is the old and new one

nu7ehava.jpg

And the hella logo

8ysu6amu.jpg

I did all the work my self so front end off and swapped them over and fitted the new one with all new vw g3 coolant

ga8aha5e.jpg

Finished putting her back together and waited a couple of days and still had a bit of a leak so worked that out to tje top rad hose so i ordered a genuine one that was of ebay

eta5abud.jpg

Fitted that and topped her up and she has been good since , shame it was a job i didnt really need on my plate lol

---------- Post added at 8:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:56 PM ----------

Carrying on and i finally got the weitecs fitted last weekend along with the brand new genuine front and rear top mounts , i got the fronts from vw and the rears from vw heritage

Im really happy to have the old jom ones off they was a right state

Heres a few pics of what was and now what is

dequre4y.jpgsu3yjage.jpgemavesu7.jpgguhemy5a.jpg

---------- Post added at 8:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:03 PM ----------

py3enu8y.jpg

Vw heritage sent two sets of rear mounts thats why theres so many , these need to go back to vw to recoupe some money lol ! They charged me for two sets

I also noticed while i had the rad of that the battery fityed to my car is a diesel batteryqede2uvu.jpg

Its always given a strong start and never given any problems is there aby reason why someone would fit a diesel battery other than it being a big 2.9 ??

Thats it for work on the car lol

Heres a few snaps from the north west day out we had a month a go or so

Was a brilliant day and was good to meet every one there , all top blokes

y7a3aquq.jpg

yhynu7ym.jpg

The above pic is me , hoffmeister and fragsxr jump starting fragsxr's car of in the snow , typical corrado moment

---------- Post added at 8:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:11 PM ----------

3ugygege.jpg

dequzu3a.jpg

---------- Post added at 8:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:14 PM ----------

Iv got a few more photos ant thats it till i find my motivation again and until i have fixed my dodgy lambda sensor

One is the milage

vuhamanu.jpg , nearly 10,000 moles of hassle free driving

The new ride height

da3ebu4e.jpg

Thats on a speed bump tho !

And a sneek peek at what wheels ill be running in summer when i find the time to refurb them and get tyres and rolled arches eqyqabaq.jpg

---------- Post added at 8:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:28 PM ----------

Iv got a few more photos ant thats it till i find my motivation again and until i have fixed my dodgy lambda sensor

One is the milage

vuhamanu.jpg , nearly 10,000 moles of hassle free driving

The new ride height

da3ebu4e.jpg

Thats on a speed bump tho !

And a sneek peek at what wheels ill be running in summer when i find the time to refurb them and get tyres and rolled arches eqyqabaq.jpg

Cheers vwvw i always make sure i document wats been fitted and its always good service history

Hey chris i saw you at elescar but went for a wander about and wen i got back to the rados there was no one there

The wheels should be on soon i hope iv got all the adaptors now just need two tyres and some arches rolled lol

Cars been good mate just got a slight problem with the lambda but im hoping to sort that at weekend

Iv had a look through your thread the cars coming on and looks mint mate well done on that

Will have to have a catch up soon are you hoing to the national day at castle combe ?

I certainly am going to the national day, me and my mate (he came to the rolling road day) are going down on the Friday and camping.

Cool tjats good then its my birthday on the 21st so think im gonna do that as a birthday day out lol , ill ring you about it bud , it might be better to travell down together just incase of any unwanted problems , i wasnt going to camp but i rekon it will be a good laugh

Sounds like a good idea. We probably won't be setting off till after 4pm though because my daughter leaves primary school that day so will have presentations to go to.

Speak before then and sort something out.

Hi Matt,

My coilies will be going on at the end of the month (finally!) Any tips on your experience for the fitting? What did you do in terms of height adjustment? Did you get it tracked post fitting?

Cheers.