sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

How did you support the tank whilst the straps were off Matt? May give mine a going over tomorrow too.........

Haha yea mate cheers for that bit of help just wanted to check i wasnt going to fry anything haha

Makes a world of difference though deffo glad i bought it

Sorry sean didnt see you there , i used a jack and a piece of 3x2 wood about a food and a half long and just supported it down the moddle of the tank basically just squashing it up to the bottom of the car , i put an axle stand under the left side of it aswell as its got about 40 liters of petrol in the tank

Ohh and i use a very heavy duty grade sanding disk on a high speed grinder , then went down to a soft grade sanding disk and then a softer emri cloth kind of disk

Make sure you red oxide them once you have gone down to bare metal it will keep the rust away

Excellent, thank bud, I'll pick the sanding disks up tomorrow. Did you have any grief with the clamp bolt? Mine seems pretty ugly so I'm a bit worried!

Few new updated as there has been some good progress lately !! I found some of that motivation stuff after christmas so got cracking

Ill start with the interior , iv litrally had every plastic part out of the car as the rattles and squeeks was driving me insane !!

Iv spent about 50 quid on sticky back felt and instead of just pitting bits on iv covered the back of the part fully , it actually really helps to deaden the sounds and stops rattles great

Iv had the glove box out and to pieces and iv also fixed the stupid center consol down ! , i drilled two inch 8th holes and filled them with paint so they dont rust and then used a couple of little screw to hold the tunnel down , its now solid as a rock and looks great

Ill let the pics do the talking

[ATTACH]77408[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77409[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77411[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77412[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77413[/ATTACH]

I also fully stripped the door cards and felted them and the speakers

Also picked up some foam from dunelm and packed the cards out a bit to make sure they didnt rattle

These where all put back with all the new clips i bought feom vw so should be good for a long time

[ATTACH]77414[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77415[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77416[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77417[/ATTACH]

Iv also removed and fully covered the a b and c pillar trims and the full boot plastics aswell as fully renewing all the clips as i went along

Next up was some of the drab bits of plasticky interior that always wound me up , very cheap crap plastic bits

Got my self some alcantara fabric and some glue and set of retrimmkng them ! Never done it before and it took a couple of attemps as some of the tighter corners are a twat

So iv not gone over the top but a few pics show the difference

Done the sunroof motor cover , the door triangles and and the grab handles and door lever surrounds

No pics of the door bits but heres a few of the others

[ATTACH]77418[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77419[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77420[/ATTACH]

Ill throw some pics up of the door card bits later when im in the car

Pretty happy with them though and they look so much better than standard

Next up was the stupid sunroof

Mine was fudged so got to scrappy and after much research and umming and arring i picked up a seat ibiza manual roof and started stripping it down

Was very grubby

[ATTACH]77421[/ATTACH]

I stripped it down and cleaned all the rain tracks and greased all the runners and mechanisms

Also took of the wind flap thing and gave that a good clean and cleaned under it

[ATTACH]77422[/ATTACH]

Had to swap these two parts over so that i could fit the electric motor

[ATTACH]77423[/ATTACH]

Also removed the sunroof seal and soaked it in boiling water and then went at it with a scrubbing brush and i came out really clean

Stuck it in the car and mastickes all the drain pipes as they had been leaking and causing a bit of damp in the car causing condensation

It fits perfect and works great im chuffed with it

Next up was the grubby headlining and sunroof panel , and sunvisors

I could never understand why they made it grey ffs , so its all black now and in my opinion looks pretty sweet . And the alcantara parts complement it pretty well now its all back in

Few picks of it all

[ATTACH]77424[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77425[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77426[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77427[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77428[/ATTACH]

Looks sweet , the headlining got another coat to get ride of the few light spots but overall im happy

Love the headlining Matt, its really going to be a nice place to be when its done.

You might have to come and do my headlining.

Sean I did try using the auto glym spray dye by it's up with one of the worst products if ever used , I used a satin black in the end and it's pretty scratch resistant and looks spot on , I'd go as far as to say it's nearly standard looking

Cheers Chris it's starting to come together now , just the a pillar trims and c pillar trims to put back in , cars nice and rattle free as we'll feels nice and solid , no probs about the headlining if you want just give me a shout

Cheers hoff will put some pics up when I can get a shot in the light , I'm away all week so will be weekend before i can Hoover it all out and give it a good clean , it's surprising how quick it becomes grafted when your 6ft 4 climbing around in there haha

Little final update on plans ahead

Basically i took the car to get tracked before christmas and the guy was struggling as every thing was old and worn

So iv been collecting parts ready for a bit of a freshen up

[ATTACH]77431[/ATTACH]

Blasted and powder coated subframe

[ATTACH]77432[/ATTACH]

Blasted and powdercoated wishbones

And this big pile

[ATTACH]77433[/ATTACH]

So up to now iv got ball joints , track rod ends , anti roll bar links , front standard wishbone bushes and rear r32 wishbone bushes and a powerflex steering rack mount

Theres a new clutch in that pile aswell and there is a lightend flywheel on its way , going from 10kg to 6kg so should be nice and revvy

Treat myself after christmas aswell and went the full hog and bought fronts and rears with all the kit to fit it

[ATTACH]77434[/ATTACH]

Just need to save for track rods now and it can be stripped and rebuilt

After all that updating i think ill do it as i go along lol

Nice pile of parts there Matt! That's another few things I could possibly add to my list when I pull the engine.........:rolleyes:

Haha yea just need it to grow a little bit more , once the fronts done I'll be after a rear beam to blast and powder coat and rebush , hopefully the car should feel a bit more like it should off the factory line

Wow Matt, thats a nice collection of bits. Your corrado is going to be one well sorted machine when its done.

i like the choice of subframe colour, who did your blasting and powder coating?

Also, why R32 rear bushes? Just thinking this is all stuff I'll be needing soon.

Cheers Chris I'm hoping so , I got the subframe and bones of vag hag on here already done so couldn't tell you , I can ask him if you want and it was his choice of colour ! I didn't think it was gonna be at all my thing but it's actually a good colour so I'm now eating my words lol

R32 wishbones are meant to sharpen things up that little bit as there a more solid bush I think , I did look in to it when I bought them but I've forgot as if done so much lol

Forgot to mention it's got a new home now in a nice garage away from the **** weather

I remember chris showing me a picture of his with an orange subframe, is this a second or has he taken it off? Its a really good choice but no good for OEM so I think I'll stick with black!! Your going to have to do your front hubs too, be a shame to put rusty hubs back on.

I'll read up on r32 bushes I think.

Glad your sorted with a garage, miles better for the winter months and safe from vandalism! Is it far from your house?