EJ Taylor

C7 VDB - Regret

Continued...........

Block all painted and cleaned starting to re-assemble.

1377229_10153306469840524_1154504761_n_zps188b6fdb.jpg

1392028_10153306470430524_1657445389_n_zps14699547.jpg

1383350_10153306469915524_1521503349_n_zpsd31f8ee0.jpg

1098018_10153306470310524_2042411439_n_zps30860257.jpg

Got it all back in!

1375713_10153306470630524_328319883_n_zps33a13bc4.jpg

And the finished masterpiece! :dance:

578716_10153302620015524_1311011229_n_zps8b1a5846.jpg

1383575_10153302619895524_2083274479_n1_zps2a9df42b.jpg

A little before and after!

1382179_10153302617460524_886694589_n_zps4fc3489b.jpg

So yer, all up and "running", by that i mean it ticks over fine, but the fuel cuts at 3500 rpm, This is apparently due to the ****ty chip VF-engineering provide, so this is now on hold until i have the money for Vince at stealth to make me a custom one, absolutely gutted about it, and seriously ****ed of at VF/ the suppliers for wasting me about £400. But hey ho, these things happen and it will be all the more worth while when it does work! the race is on to get it sorted before the RR day! ill keep the thread up dated!

Edited by EJ Taylor

Very nice work indeed, looking forward to seeing this at the RR day.

Cheers man! the race is on to raise funds to get it sorted!!!!!

Ah looking good mate, so what's left? just the remap?

Yer just got to get stealth to do me a chip then its ready! guna be fitting some VT engine mounts this week though.

Getting so impatient man!

Haha, well it looks like they have changed the design a bit since the V9 as my charger almost touches the bonnet! You've got loads of room there even with the squishy VAG mounts.

Looking SwwwwwwwEEET mate that is a transformation of rather large proportion's under there can't wait to see the power figure's.

Haha, well it looks like they have changed the design a bit since the V9 as my charger almost touches the bonnet! You've got loads of room there even with the squishy VAG mounts.

Looking forward to see yours at the RR day man!

Looking SwwwwwwwEEET mate that is a transformation of rather large proportion's under there can't wait to see the power figure's.

as ever clumpy your praise is very well received! :dance: cheers man!!! just want it to be going properly now! booked in at stealth on the 15th (a week today) for the new chip, fingers crossed after that the beast will be ready to hit tarmac (properly)! :clap: EXCITED :clap:

some serious efforts there - fresh engine looks fantastic, means you'll enjoy it all the more. Keep the pics coming.

Red and black detailing under the bay looks amazing. So envious - would love to force feed my VR :) Hope you manage to raise the cash pronto for the remap!

Red and black detailing under the bay looks amazing. So envious - would love to force feed my VR :) Hope you manage to raise the cash pronto for the remap!

Cash sorted, booked in a week today man!! :dance:

All will be ready for the RR day. haha :cool:

So yesterday i went to stealth racing for my custom chip,

One from the morning ;)

1393902_10153336602640524_1074524291_n_zps3a0e3466.jpg

Vince diagnosed almost instantly it was a fuelling issue as he expected. Was fascinating to watch how detailed and personal the maps he does are, the things he was adjusting god only knows, run after run there was tweek after tweeek after tweek, until the graph was absolutely perfect. So much respect for anyone with that level of skill. Once again reminded why stealth have the awesome reputation they have. So... after a whole mornings fine tuning the end result from the V3 charger was 314bhp (279 Nm lbft) @ 9psi and a seriously smooooooth graph.

1379781_10153336602545524_1458835000_n_zpsadd5248e.jpg

Really happy with the results even vince was surprised by her horses! Chuffed to bits with it, honestly that on top of all the other mods it sounds and feels like a freeking race car, will try get some videos up soon :)

Next on the list is the custom install, converting it to a 2 seater, rear show cage, and so much more. Watch this space.

Just a random bay shot...

1384238_10153336602790524_1690162156_n_zps3404bf94.jpg

Peace!

Edited by EJ Taylor

Fantastic - you must be well chuffed :) Can't beat a force-fed VR :)

Fantastic - you must be well chuffed :) Can't beat a force-fed VR :)

Honestly so happy with it. Made going pretty much an entire year without it so worth while. Cutting no corners has paid of and ive been left with a serious driving machine! Thinking LSD next up though haha, she's a bit spiny.

I completely agree, the noise it makes now is unreal. One thing I noticed, my god she loves her fuel now, ate £40 last night haha. :bonk:

Couldn't be happier with it! Was a nice feeling as well having the Stealth team speak highly of it.

seriously good figures. what psi you running on it?

looking forward to seeing this at the RR day.

seriously good figures. what psi you running on it?

looking forward to seeing this at the RR day.

you are to kind :camp: haha

Running 9psi as it is.

Guna be a good day man!

A very good result indeed!

The bay looks super smooth too, well done mate.

How do you find the power delivery? I ask as I was a little disapointed with mine in comparison to a 1.8T with the same power. Once you get used to keeping the revs up then you can feel the difference but initially, under 4K rpm there is not much difference to stock with mine at 6psi.

I had a 1.8T running an IHI Vf34 with a variable boost controller. On the lowest setting it would make 260bhp (340 on full boost) and that felt savage in comparison to the Corrado, so much power and torque.

The SC VR6 basically drives like a normal VR6 but with more power, still peaky!

A very good result indeed!

The bay looks super smooth too, well done mate.

How do you find the power delivery? I ask as I was a little disapointed with mine in comparison to a 1.8T with the same power. Once you get used to keeping the revs up then you can feel the difference but initially, under 4K rpm there is not much difference to stock with mine at 6psi.

I had a 1.8T running an IHI Vf34 with a variable boost controller. On the lowest setting it would make 260bhp (340 on full boost) and that felt savage in comparison to the Corrado, so much power and torque.

The SC VR6 basically drives like a normal VR6 but with more power, still peaky!

Yer i agree with you, although mines the stage 2 running at 9 psi its very much the same story, although i find it does now pic up quicker to 3.5/4k it not neck breaking but to be fair with all the mods already done the 0-4k was already fast, so that's more than satisfying. But after the 3.5/4 mark the boost is awesome, seriously picks up, obviously as its only been in my hands one evening im yet to learn how to drive it to full advantage, and the new clutch means i cant go too hard on it yet. But even last night, i found i spent alot of time in the red line. I think it just makes you use a different rev range/ more fuel :thumbleft: :bonk:

Where turbo to charger comparison is concerned, i have been in/driven many turbo cars, and im just not a huge fan of the whole aggressive torque steering boost and sharp cut in that you can get, i think in some cases (emphasis on some) a turbo car can feel quicker than a SC car when it isn't due to the hard boost hit, where the charger seems to ease in, (i say ease, an aggressive ease) alot of the highly tuned T cars i have driven seem to snatch at the wheels a bit. Im not sure. its a tough one, i just feel more on control of a supercharged car, it feels more predictable.

Going forward i will start looking into what internals can be changed, to enable me to increase PSI, then start aiming at a forged block, head spacer, and many other preliminary modifications to accommodate the pressure increase. :dance:

All that said, i think if i was sat here the day after getting my VR6T back i would be saying completely different things... lol :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::bonk::bonk::bonk::cheers:

you are to kind :camp: haha

Haha! Looks like a great car, praise where praise is due. I've only driven one S/C VR before and it felt great, and unless you want a huge amount of power is much cheaper than a turbo to install.

Good work, feel free to be a bit smug mate! :smug:

Amazing mate , im jealouse of your car haha

Great attention to detail though and good on you for getting it all done properly

Im looking forward to seeing this now mate well done

Amazing mate , im jealouse of your car haha

Great attention to detail though and good on you for getting it all done properly

Im looking forward to seeing this now mate well done

I hope its as good as you all expect i would hate it to be a let down. haha. thanks though man! your kind words are always appreciated!

Where turbo to charger comparison is concerned, i have been in/driven many turbo cars, and im just not a huge fan of the whole aggressive torque steering boost and sharp cut in that you can get, i think in some cases (emphasis on some) a turbo car can feel quicker than a SC car when it isn't due to the hard boost hit, where the charger seems to ease in, (i say ease, an aggressive ease) alot of the highly tuned T cars i have driven seem to snatch at the wheels a bit. Im not sure. its a tough one, i just feel more on control of a supercharged car, it feels more predictable.

Great to hear that as it's a very good description of what I mean. My 340bhp 1.8T took off like a bloody uncagged bull, could be terrifying and dangerous and I could never drive that car on the limit as it was just too lary.

The SC Vr6 is a true gent to drive, nothing unexpected and the delivery is smooth. Only thing that would indicate it is boosted is the "Airwolf" style howl as the revs climb. Otherwise you would just think it is a 3.2ltr VR6 engine.

My car is scattered across the garage in bits again :( in a rush to get it together for the RR day now!