Sign in to follow this  
Atomic_Banana

MP3/CD Headunit

Can anyone recommend a mp3 headunit?

All the ones I have seen so far are pretty colourful and have too many flashing lights and gadgets for my taste...

I have a Nakamichi head unit in my golf at the mo - thats what I am after - something with excellent sound quality and not a flashing display with bloody dolphins or something on it.

Any ideas?

The alpine headunits are very good mate, and the black ones are quite understated and look nice in a c with a dark interior :D

Have a look at the Clarion range... Very understated and superb sound quality... 8)

jvc kd-sh909r. I have one, dubster82 has one. it is good, has pre outs for sub, and front and rear. It also has a phono line in, dab linein cd changer line in, and a 3.5mm stereo jack line in on th efacia - handy for minidisc etc. it is on the jvc webpage.

Have a look at the Clarion range... Very understated and superb sound quality... 8)

Can't speak for the MP3 units, but I have Clarion radio/cassete (remember them? :lol:) head unit and changer in the back... very understated fully featured and even the display is the same colour as the other switches when lit 8)

im using a Awia mp3 player. had it for nearly 4 years was one of the first along with JVC.

never had a problem with it.

My mate has a clarion MP3 player in his legacy. sound is very good as is function. tis one of the higher end units at around £370

At the moment I am considering a Apline or Clarion I think. I like Alpine - I used to have one - but I wanna closer look at the Clarion stuff.

Oh yeah and buy a car to put them in :(

I've currently got an Alpine (fitted to a friends car on loan at the moment), A Clarion TV system in my 'rado and a Panasonic CDC system in my Golf... I really am impressed with the sound quality of both the Alpine and the Clarion systems over the Panasonic, which I'd always rated highly before I tried these other 2 stereos... 8)

If you want a no nonsense MP3/WMA head unit, look no further than this:-

The Pioneer DEH-P77MP.

No disco light shows

Burr-brown DACs (top notch)

4 x 50W Mosfet - This HU has got real kick :lol:

3 x 6V Pre-outs

Plus all your usual gubbins.

I love the look of that Pioneer! Its got a hifi-vibe to its styling.

For me a stereo must have turny-knobs... I can't stand push-button volume control... :p

~Matt.

Thats the one I want lol I keep drooling over the thought of having it in the C... not long now - performance is top notch then Kev?