Tempest

National Day 2012: Sunday 20 May: Brooklands

ooooooooo brooklands lovely jubbly very interested however IMO these events are only as good as the people that turn up and weather lol, for example the RAF one weather was ok but the turn out was amazing, plus a bonus eric (i think) organised free entry to museum... bonus, prescott was one of my favourites. last year lovely weather and venue, but imo turn out was low :( be good to get a list of people defo interested so people know if it is worth travelling long distances etc, last year it cost matt and me a small fortune in fuel etc and i just feel in these tight times people will be a little carfeful with there money, maybe worth having a CCGB National day once every two years???, and having a full on balls out day with lots of people turning up and lots of interesting cars etc to see, also is it worth offering up to every one not just ccgb members to intise people to join??? only my thought not tryin to upset anyone

cheer chris

Edited by Chris Langdon

There are loads of people already booked into this on the CCGB website Calender !!

Rubbish bloke - Chris !!!!!

And - its only money - You only live once !!!!

do one wendy cheeky lol ;) i remember me and you discussing this at last yrs national day, im a ccgb member and very rarely go on there, (slapped wrist lol) only money wendy you dont know my wife ive got another baby langdon due in 8 days lol

do one wendy cheeky lol ;) i remember me and you discussing this at last yrs national day, im a ccgb member and very rarely go on there, (slapped wrist lol) only money wendy you dont know my wife ive got another baby langdon due in 8 days lol

Well if you went on the CCGB Webpage a bit more often, you might not have so much time for all this making babies lark - lol - !!!!!!

Eight days heh - Well I hope all goes well.

Tell the wife, the children won't appreciate having a Boring dad, so this is money that will be well spent.

Besides having a good blast out in the Corrado with other C nutters will keep you young too, another item the children will Thank Me for !!!! (he he)

See you at Brooklands then ??? !!!!!! ;-)

Think Wendy has summed it all up nicely! :)

And everyone is welcome to join us on the day if they obviously join the CCGB on the day too due to the photo shoot option to make it fair to everyone else who is a fully paid up member. :)

If you did this you would basically recieve your £10 back on the same day (weather permiting) as the club will be paying the £10 per car to park on the famous banked section of track

Anymore takers for this? not long now! hope the weather improves for May though. :/

Would love to have been going to this but sadly it clashes All types which is one of my favourite shows!

Now then Stevie, thats a poor excuse :lol: The chance to park on Brooklands track! Yes please, all types will be there next year :)

It's my wife's birthday weekend. The way I look at it, she'll have another one next year so I'm coming to this :grin:

It's 4 hours each way, All types is just an hour.

I'd already made arrangements to meet up with my usual "crew" "posse" "peeps" ... Friends or tbh we'd be coming and stay over somewhere.

Yeah and..................... !!!

Didn't you know its the trendy thing to let folk down at the last moment right now !!!!!

Right enough! I'm already now googling hotels! I'll be a fashionably late arriver then if i can go!

I only live 20 mins away but seeing as it's my wife's birthday I may just need a hotel too!

That´s the spirit folks. Eat rados, sleep Rados, dream Rados, there have even been incidents of people showing love to their Rados, but let´s not dig up those pics again :lol:

Tempest

Yay!

PLEASE! Make sure you're all up to date with membership well before the event, we really don't want to be embarrassing and be collecting on the day! :lol:

Edited by KIPVW

Would love to come but I think the rado will be in many pieces by the 20th may. Maybe I should just tag along with Dave16v :smug:

Shame not to bring the car after your win last year, Mark! 8) Will save some buffing though :lol:

I would love to Andy, but it will be having a bit of work done.

It's booked in after Stanford, just getting the last few bits together.

It'll be getting a rather good clean while its in the garage.