Tempest

National Day 2012: Sunday 20 May: Brooklands

I've put my name on the list for this on the CCGB website. I've tried to renew my membership through the website but it says my membership is current till 28.5.12 and doesn't give me any option to renew! (jscvr6 on CCGB)

dont suppose anyone from the north west is going and would be kind enough to pick up a dash at this meet for me?

You can put me down for this, just registered on ccgb site, really exited about this just hoping the car will be ready, its going to be very tight. hope to see you all there.

max,

I've put my name on the list for this on the CCGB website. I've tried to renew my membership through the website but it says my membership is current till 28.5.12 and doesn't give me any option to renew! (jscvr6 on CCGB)

Hi Julian, you should be able to renew on the site if you look into your my subscription, then click renew in there to go through to pay via paypal.

Any probs let me know. ;)

Trophies ordered for the Show and Shine too now so Get Buffing :)

Trophies ordered for the Show and Shine too now so Get Buffing :)

so you chosen a nice big trophy for yourself then Paul.

I've banned myself from entering mate :lol:

I've banned myself from entering mate :lol:

what about Judith lol

The CCGB Show n Shine has never been about who has the cleanest car. It's purely "Who's car you like the best" - so it might be something heavily modified, or something just with some well executed simple mods.

Hell, my 2.0 16v won at the National Day in 2006/2007 beating Bill Aitken's VR into second.. and as anyone who knows that car, and knows Bills car knows full well that there is nothing about my old car that made it better than Bills.. it just looked clean on the day and I guess enough folks thought it looked right to give me the vote. Believe me I didn't know what to say when they called my name out!

The CCGB Show n Shine has never been about who has the cleanest car. It's purely "Who's car you like the best" - so it might be something heavily modified, or something just with some well executed simple mods.

Exactly that :)

Believe me I didn't know what to say when they called my name out!

Shi Ting as Mr Lemon would say :lol:

Yes, door/gate staff needed. Kip and me looking at doing the first shift, but copuld do with relief afterwards.

Please bring membership cards!

Just to remind people why all the fuss: The CCGB are paying the fee for parking each member´s Rado on the famous Brooklands Banking later in the day, so it is only fair that only paid-up members are admitted and no non-member slips through. Don´t want protests from either non-members nor members (who rightfully can complain if non-members get free parking on the banking).

Tempest

Im paid up now but didn't realise i was meant to register for this.

Ill be attending (assuming you let me in ;-)

looking forward to this not long now. Shame verity wont be there but nice day out for the blackberry instead

:)

see you all there :)

Im paid up now but didn't realise i was meant to register for this.

Ill be attending (assuming you let me in ;-)

Yeah no problem, the registering was just to give us a guide on numbers. Essential to register for other event club stands well in advance though as the spaces soon go.

See you there :wave:

Yeah no problem, the registering was just to give us a guide on numbers. Essential to register for other event club stands well in advance though as the spaces soon go.

See you there :wave:

Excellent. Really looking forward to it.

Hell, my 2.0 16v won at the National Day in 2006/2007 beating Bill Aitken's VR into second.. and as anyone who knows that car, and knows Bills car knows full well that there is nothing about my old car that made it better than Bills.. it just looked clean on the day and I guess enough folks thought it looked right to give me the vote. Believe me I didn't know what to say when they called my name out!

Nothing wrong with a 2.0 16v winning Jim :smug:

I was totally speechless last year when I won.

I doubt very much I'll pose much of a challenge to this years winner, it's not been touched for a while as things are wrong with it at the minute.

looking forward to this not long now. Shame verity wont be there but nice day out for the blackberry instead

:)

see you all there :)

Sound lilfuzzer, really hoping the car will be ready for this, going to be far too close, be nice to meet up, just look for the one with tidy door sills, lol.

laterz,

max

Seeing how many others have signed up for this now is getting me really excited! Brooklands is brilliant at the best of times, so with 50+ Corrados on the bank it's going to be amazing!! That's a lot of names to faces that Im going to be rubbish at remembering ;)

Fingers crossed for good weather and clean roads for the trek down from sunny Nottingham...

think we all need two name badges, one with our forum names another with our actual names :D

Cant wait for this either :D

think we all need two name badges, one with our forum names another with our actual names :D

Cant wait for this either :D

Badges defo get my vote! :D

Sound lilfuzzer, really hoping the car will be ready for this, going to be far too close, be nice to meet up, just look for the one with tidy door sills, lol.

laterz,

max

Will do matey will have to open everyone's doors first though ;)

Nice to put a face to a name too

See u there buddy :)

Yeah I also agree with name tags. I'll be the one with the green super cool cap

Badges = more cost and this weekend could cost the club £700 please bear that in mind when we need your support in the next few years to keep costs up ;)

will look into some kind of name tags then :roll: :lol:

Edited by KIPVW

22 quid for plastic badges for 100 in staples mate so i'll go fetch, stickers peel off sometimes.