davidwort

What are your corrado plans for 2012?

Respray time for the 16v I think, and a few smaller jobs like a schrick cam I've aquired for the 8v and possibly p&p the head.

Put the interior back in,plus the new heater box i have in my loft,

when i finally get it back from the bodyshop, then .................................................................

drive it till the wheels fll off ! lol

What i want to do and what i can are two different things :lol: will be saving for wedding so money will be put into that.

BUT, if i cant the chance, i want to swap the interior seats, get the alloys resprayed or even changed. Most of all, i want to get the car resprayed but that wont be for a while yet :(

Respray time for the 16v I think, and a few smaller jobs like a schrick cam I've aquired for the 8v and possibly p&p the head.

Gonna have a crack yourself David?

Need the cambelt doing and going to change the timing chain, leather seats, New hidden Ariel and a decent sound system and eventually a respray and enjoy!

288's, baffles sump, gearbox build with different gears, TT wishbone bushes and change wheels about 432 times. Either that or buy an S2 and leave the Corrado sitting doing nowt.

Paintwork/respray bumpers, new exhaust, engine bay detailed, and if possible remove random underside bits for powder coating.

Remap, bigger brakes, powder coated parts from underneath, partial respray, just to name a few

And just enjoy a working corrado...............how every long it lasts!

Edited by Swompy

Recaro's fitted, CH's fitted, Rolled and sealed front wings fitted, Rear arch welded in, Full respray, that is all :rolleyes:

Refit passenger seat thats been out for months due to back lol..... Cables on heater controls and getting all 4 speeds back on the heater which was fine all summer and died for winter (can I get a whole new 4 speed unit from anywhere?). Fit vibratech front mount and possibly fit the U-bend and FMIC thats sitting in the garage along with the replacement front callipers.

Biggest annoyance for me is the front bumper has hung off since I've owned it and I have two sitting to go on (std and flushed plate) so want that as a priority really. As it will need paint freshened up on the bumper do I get the rear arches rolled at the same time and fit the 8 and 9" RC's instead of the 7.5's?? Also some stone chips on the front need attention.

To be fair to the car it has been my daily all year and needs only minor attention and has been a bloody joy to own and drive.

Ooops, oil change is a must.

Finally get the new VAG suspension fitted to the VR thats been under the bed for two years along with a rear beam refurb :) and off course a few other bits underneath when funds allow :)

To get rid simples !!! corrado ownership just grates my testicles and six years of grief and thousands spent i am giving up.

so my vr is up for sale now .

Got a black leather interior lined up to go into the car in January hopefully, and then thinking about some paintwork. Have to say though "life" and other interests have really meant the Corrado has taken a back seat for the last few months, especially now I have another car.. hoping the VR doesn't end up going the way of the 16V and just getting sold!

Wish I knew what 2012 will hold for the rado. I do know it will be driven to work everyday and it will be gradually sorted, but to what extent..... Who knows. :)

Well this is my "list" - hope to get most done by the time I put her back on the road in March but the respray may have to wait for funds!

I have sourced 95% of the parts and have started on the interior changes

1. Fit New Centre Dash with: –

2. a) Auxiliary gauges

3. b) radio repositioned

4. c) Polo cup holders

5. d) alarm controls repositioned

6. e) lights on buzzer

7. f) Audi power socket in rear ashtray

8. g) Central locking switch

9. Replace rear disc/pads/wheel bearings

10. Replace Rear Callipers

11. Replace rear disc guards

12. Replace rear axle bushes

13. Replace front cross member and Sub Frame

14. Replace front spoiler grill

15. Fit side skirts

16. Repair rust damaged areas

17. Replace rocker Gasket

18. Replace alternator belt

19. Repair Front Spoiler

20. Change Wipers

21. Change Fuel pump/Accumulator etc.

22. New Wheels

23. Replace Cracked Indicators

24. Dent removal

25. Remove(Replace?) window tint

26. Replace Brake pipes

27. Fit New Rear Lights

28. Replace Mirror Glass

29. Re- spray

To get rid simples !!! corrado ownership just grates my testicles and six years of grief and thousands spent i am giving up.

so my vr is up for sale now .

I'll drink to that!

Buy another rado... Keeper this time so going to wait it out and get something that really tickles my fancy and then some.

Need to buy another daily too at some point, maybe an a4 wagen.