max west-yorks

Max's Daily VR

Hi, my names Max and I'm from Halifax, W.Yorks

Last year I bought myself a standard '02 1.4 Lupo as what was supposed to be a run around for a year or 2 until insurance on the VR dropped a little, ended up not leaving it as standard as I'd planned...

vwfest7.jpg

That is now pottering around Leeds somewhere I believe, but not with those wheels on!

So this year I decided that I was fed up of waiting to get my dream car so bit the bullet and bought a '94 Blackberry VR6 (Haris' old one if he had a thread on here), I was going to buy and built from standard but when I saw this it had half the things I would do already done and so would save me time and money in the long run!

I've had the car about 6-7 weeks now and have just been fixing niggles and making sure its mechanically sound since it will be my daily for the foreseeable future, currently sat on standard speedlines and searching for the right wheels to suit it.

This is the only pic I have atm but if haris had a thread I'm sure you're all too familiar with anyway :)

radonew.jpg

Future plans include getting a full s/s milltek system

New shoes obviously

fixing little bodywork niggles

replacing all perishables/bushes etcetc

fixing the annoying heaters than only work on 3 :mad2:

new front lights as mine are looking old

heated black leathers

and plenty more but that can wait for now :)

will get some more photos up when I feel its worth doing, i.e. with new wheels, which probably wont be until spring now anyway, but still :D

Cheers,

Max

Edited by max west-yorks

Looks good mate, shame the wheels from the lupo don't fit the vr and are a bit bigger. I really like these wheels.

Keep us posted mate.

Hi Max,

Nice cars!

Can I ask you about the Recaro front seats in your Lupo? Ar they Mk. II golf seats or from something else? Do they have reclining handles on both sides? Did you have it made/made yourelf?

Front lights on your Corrado. I just polished mine a lot and they looked okay again. Maybe the trend is to go ld school again. No smart beemer lights etc. Of course that's entirely up to everyone ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Hi Max,

Nice cars!

Can I ask you about the Recaro front seats in your Lupo? Ar they Mk. II golf seats or from something else? Do they have reclining handles on both sides? Did you have it made/made yourelf?

Front lights on your Corrado. I just polished mine a lot and they looked okay again. Maybe the trend is to go ld school again. No smart beemer lights etc. Of course that's entirely up to everyone ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Cheers bud, nah I think I'll beable to get hold of a brand new set of front end lights for peanuts from my mate, hes a bit of a compulsive hoarder haha

seats are from an old ford RS turbo, subframes chopped then welded onto lupo runners so you were sat on the floor pan more or less :D rest of it was all lupo GTI spec, all trimmed in BMW red nappa

I'll give them a go with polish, have read that a bit of compound can do wonders on them!

If not at least I know I can get hold of some others

Update

chassis notch

lower

new splitter

new paint - no more rusty reg plate light or surround and front bumper respray as it was tatty

new shoes 16x8j all round 30mm adapters up front 35mm at the back, camber shims and 195/40 all round

Here we go :)

d904.jpg

d902.jpg

d903.jpg

d901.jpg

Edited by max west-yorks
list of updates

really nice paint, Very nice wheels indeed. Looks great on your Corrado.

The stance looks very serious, and I think you must have wonderfull roads over there sans speed bumps :clap:

ps: let's see the interrior.

Cheers,

Redfox.

She looks very nice buddy, looks ready for business.

Will keep an eye out for further updates and progress. That splitter must be kissing the ground you drive on!

Wish we didn't need front number plates like the states.

definitely, all rados should come with smooth bumpers and no plate, 10x better!

interior is just all black, nothing overly interesting, I'll pop up a pic next time I properly clean it as its full of sanding dust and an entourage tools for bumper/plate light removal.

Yeah splitter is pretty well acquainted with the floor... its just getting out of my street thats the worst part, after than im fine just pottering about (concentrating 200% on avoiding bumps :( ) to be honest, I did enjoy the winter mode a lot more but its worth it for the impact and attention it gets!

Lovely looking rado there mate nice work and looking highly polished :)

Looks like blackberry that correct cause in the earlier pic didnt look like it?

yeh bud it's blackberry, first pic I put up was in the rain and i must have moved when I took it = bad quality..

I'd only just finished polishing it when I took them thats why :p

hadnt done any of the plastics though so they're all ugly grey!

Remember what they say, "if it's not rubbin your not veedubbin"

Are you keeping the amber front indicators? Speaking of indicators, you don't have any side repeaters?

Rams, Haris had em smoothed off. Looks so much better!

as above!

yeah got the skid plate on to provide a - little - bit of protection but its pretty bloody well acquainted with the floor :|

popped the last one he had put on and then had repaired, nice fresh one on atm though

just some more random ones from instagram #maxrado if you wanna follow me!

polishing1.jpg

dirtydaily3.jpg

dirtydaily2.jpg

dirtydaily.jpg

EDIT: and some others...

6888802513_4caf6325aa.jpg

6888803209_0bfec16dea.jpg

6888805951_a4ae7e21b3.jpg

not much in the way of updates, went to Ultimate dubs this weekend, disappointing number of corrados there, must have been 5 in total and only 2 inside! :(

Well its been quite a while, should probably update this...

Had a somewhat unproductive winter of not really doing much, sold the D90s end of last year and bought these from a guy on E38 for a decent price who had them on a blue rado at the last E38 show. Speedline mistral 16x8/10 3 piece 5x112

mistral6.jpg

rear came out at something ridiculous like 16x10 et-5 or et0 which as you can see was just waaaay too aggressive

mistral8.jpg

(thats sat on tyre still had travel to go lower )

Was going to sell them on as I didn't really have the money at the time but just decided to man up... so ended up sourcing some smaller dishes from germany and rebuilding.

photo4_zpsfe2acd09.jpg

built up and with new smaller 205/40s

photo9_zps662234f7.jpg

and in comparison to the fitment of the 10s above, much better!

photo3_zps228378e0.jpg

Unfortunately they didn't come with centre caps and they are almost impossible to get hold of now unless they come with your set. Luckily though the standard OEM corrado speedline centres fit perfectly actually quite like the colour contrast at the moment but theyll probably get painted at some point...

photo1_zps3db799dd.jpg

and a couple on the car (oh got a private plate too because I'm such a pikey... )

photo_zps7276457b.jpg

sline_zps8d3bdd51.jpg

sline2_zps21d64c9c.jpg

Wanting to take it down maybe 10mm more at the front for a slight rake but other than that pretty happy with it.

I've also cut down the splitter from 90 to 60mm, the 90s tastic splitter is overkill on a corrado in my opinion, I much prefer the look of the older rados, minus the inside out bonnet also got a few new bits and pieces and a new headlight as one had cracked after a stone hit it on the motorway

Other than that the car is running pretty sweet with no issues since the big fix last year when half the front end had new parts put in!

New fitment of wheels for anyone interested is;

16x8 195/40/16 falken et15 after adapters on the front with 2.2 deg neg camber

16x9 205/40/16 falken et4 after adapters on rear with 3.5 deg negative

both have 5x112 to 5x100 15mm adapters and arches rolled all round

Car was already notched from when I bought the D90s 1 and a half years ago so no rubbing

Apologies about the photo quality, they were already bad enough iphone pictures but photobucket seems to have made them even worse during upload:bonk::bonk:

How do you get away with no front number plate? Car looks the dogs danglies by the way. Also wondering about the side repeaters and MOT time.........

What a beaut!!!

thanks man :)

---------- Post added at 6:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:17 PM ----------

How do you get away with no front number plate? Car looks the dogs danglies by the way. Also wondering about the side repeaters and MOT time.........

side repeaters are all still wired up and hidden in the scuttle with bulbs and the lot, so if it was ever an issues for MOT id just secure them on the outside, but it didnt come up as a question last year!

---------- Post added at 6:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:18 PM ----------

got a couple of decent photos last week with the good weather

shoot3_zpse40b3e92.jpg

shoot2_zps256df49c.jpg

shoot4_zps508d70ce.jpg