Sign in to follow this  
BlueVR6

New Tyres?

Im thinking of getting new tyres fitted and was wondering if anybody has any they would recommend?

Im thinking about Eagle F1's, anyone ideas about these?

Cheers

I went for Toyo Proxes T1-S. Very pleased with the grip but they are wearing a little too quickly for my liking. I have seen a few other guys post good things about them too. I did a fair bit of research before I got mine and they seemed to be well regarded. Cheap as well :lol:

Mike

ive always used toyo proxes,and find the really good,so i cant really comment on other makes,but you will get loads saying use this or use that,so the choice is yours and on your budget

Ive heard very good things about Eagle F1s, the wet grip is especially good and they look pretty mean too!! :x

Apparently they dont wear as fast as the Toyo Proxes but then they do cost more so i guess its a trade off!

Anyone know of a good place to get the Proxes delivered from? All the tyre places over here are a rip-off!

Oh, and what size tyres are needed for standard speedlines?

I'm a big fan of Continental Sportcontact's, but have never tried the Toyo's or Eagle's... I would say dont bother with Avon ZV1's though, in my opinion dreadful, cant wait for my front Avons to wear out so i can get some Conti's on there.

I'm a big fan of Continental Sportcontact's, but have never tried the Toyo's or Eagle's... I would say dont bother with Avon ZV1's though, in my opinion dreadful, cant wait for my front Avons to wear out so i can get some Conti's on there.

Same position I'm in.

But I do admit that the Avon's are superb in the dry! They are shocking in the wet though.

Eagle F1's are very good indeed. Just had em put on my Rado at £44/corner (which seems to be very cheap after chatting to a few people) but they seem excellent.

Reduced road noise, and loooooads of grip even in the wet :)

I don't like the F1s anymore :cry:

Had to have mine replaced this morning because one of them had a bulge in the side wall (not from me hitting a kerb but due to a manufacturing defect) and they didn't have another one in stock. I didn't want different brands on the same axle so I stuck some more Bridgestone RE720s on instead to match the rears. They're way better than the F1s imo....MUCH stiffer side wall for more assured cornering, they last longer, same amount of raw grip and they have rim protectors. Only downside was they're £20 more than the F1s :cry:

My defective F1 has been sent off to Goodyear for analysis so hopefully I'll get some money back.

K

What, £20 EACH more??

No for the pair....but that was at my local tyre place. They're actually a tenner cheaper than the F1 at Mytyres.co.uk! Local tyre places rip you off but I need the car for work and didn't want to drive it any longer with a defective tyre.

I must admit, the F1s are a bit soft in the sidewall. But they look mean, don't they.. :twisted:

Nah, the Bridgees look a lot better. They look more sculpted and are more square shouldered. I couldn't believe how soft the sidewall of the F1 was when they took it off the wheel. You certainly feel them squirming when going some round the bends.

Same position I'm in.

But I do admit that the Avon's are superb in the dry! They are shocking in the wet though.

I've got ZV1's all round and find them great in the dry - bags of grip... they're still very good in the wet as well, no problems at all throwing it into wet roundabouts or caining it down wet country lanes... 8)

Nah, the Bridgees look a lot better. They look more sculpted and are more square shouldered. I couldn't believe how soft the sidewall of the F1 was when they took it off the wheel. You certainly feel them squirming when going some round the bends.

I think that's the secret of their predictability.. The flexible sidewall allows the tread to scrabble about and regain grip when it's lost.

Also it's handy when you regularly have to park on kerbs and parallel park (like every day) to have a forgiving sidewall..