Pete

Corrado owners - what watches do you sport?

I'm with you on the Speedmaster Jim, I almost bought one in Hong Kong airport about 4 years ago.....£700 !!! Wish I had now.

It's just utterly timeless and just has so much pedigree. And just one of those great understated watches that only watch "enthusiasts" will recognise. It just has it all. And £700 is crazy!! Bet you're kicking yourself now! :)

My friend bought one last year for £2,200 and they're now up to £2,800. Realistically with those prices I think I can only contemplate a pre-owned example!

Ive had a few decent watches in my time, used to manage a jewellers and my stepdad is a high end watch repairer.

I sold everything when I bought the house though - it was watches or rado at the time and the watches lost. Kept the Autavia though - nice to still have one in the drawer..

Note - they're all Heuers.. Pre TAG.

Current:

autavia1xk1.jpg

Previous:

carrera007dh4.jpg

rolex1ok6.jpg

bazcamrandom007us9.jpg

This is mine, i could be persuaded to part with it if someone tempted me with an attractive offer , so i could have a bit of a change of course.

You can't beat a bit of carbon fibre !

Edited by toledo

Have had an interest in watches bubbling along for quite a while now but only really getting to a point where I want to do something about it now! Currently have some pretty generic stuff, and on the subject of vintage stuff I have a nice old (and pretty immaculate) Waltham pocket watch that I believe is pre 1900's though really not sure!

Just pulled the trigger on one of these, which I should be getting in February..

web_A135.30345.14SBB-CB.jpg

Mondaine Retro Automatic. Am going to be working my way up to an Omega Speedmaster, my absolute all time favourite watch ever hopefully sometime this year. Just trying to decide between getting paintwork done on the Corrado, or one of those!! :|

big fan of mondaine watches, gd chocie jim. you wont be dissapointed with it.

Some lovely watches - Do like classic and Modern designs, can appreciate both.

One of the only purchases I made where my parents didn't question why I spent quite a bit of money.

Bought an Omega Sea Master Professional Planet Ocean. Feel naked with it off now!

I find it really interesting that we all drive cars worth, let's be honest, not much compared to new metal but lots are sporting very tasty wristwear indeed.

Shows I think the class of the corrado and it's owners hehe.

I wonder what the reaction would have been on other forums?

I find it really interesting that we all drive cars worth, let's be honest, not much compared to new metal but lots are sporting very tasty wristwear indeed.

With me being the exception lol

I have a seamaster too - totally reliable and tough as old boots.

I changed my seamaster chronograph professional divers watch after it threw a paddy and wouldn't keep time to any degree of accuracy, my Omega dealer diagnosed a 9 week trip to the factory for my watch and a minimum £250 bill ( it was only 3 years old ) px'd it for my speedmaster that has the later movement and now nearly 10 years later she's still behaving.

Still miss the open mouthed stares when watch savvy peaople saw the size of the Seamaster !

Edited by toledo
typo

I bet it's not uncommon across other forums, for several reasons. Car people seem to like watches.. it's just one of those things. That and I think once a community grows to a certain size, you'll always get a subset of people in there with commonality in their interests.. like I think we had a bike / cyclists thread and that grew to a few pages too :)

But also for guys, in terms of "expressing yourself" women have various items of jewellery or nice shoes or bags and so forth.. guys don't really have much in the same way, but watches is one way you can say a lot about yourself. That and I think it's kind of fun you can be walking round wearing a watch worth up to something like £4,000 and the average joe wouldn't have a clue... :)

I think also a lot of people own corrados because they love them rather than it being the best car they can afford.

I think also a lot of people own corrados because they love them rather than it being the best car they can afford.

Definitely!

Heh - just thinking that most people posting in this thread have a watch worth more that the car they drive - I know I'm one of them!

I love automatics - no winding and no batteries - not the new solar/kinetic ones, but good old meachanical movements. My main watch is a Seiko 200m diver's auto:

Polished Omega Seamaster. Had it 12 years now, serviced once! Still going strong :D

I want a PROPER 70s LED watch but none seem to exist?

I don't know naff all about watches, but my uncle gave me some fancy looking watch about 10 years ago before he passed away....told me some funny story about how he won it in a game of poker when he was working in the states about 30 years ago. Apparantly its worth a few quid, but I never got round to looking into it, as I'd never heard of the make......It's somewhere in the garage amongst all the other tut and rubbish I don't have room for.

Will have to dig it out and have a proper look.....I can't quite recall, but it was something like a Barry Winstone? - can't find anything on google though....probably a pile of crap! :-)

I don't know naff all about watches, but my uncle gave me some fancy looking watch about 10 years ago before he passed away....told me some funny story about how he won it in a game of poker when he was working in the states about 30 years ago. Apparantly its worth a few quid, but I never got round to looking into it, as I'd never heard of the make......It's somewhere in the garage amongst all the other tut and rubbish I don't have room for.

Will have to dig it out and have a proper look.....I can't quite recall, but it was something like a Barry Winstone? - can't find anything on google though....probably a pile of crap! :-)

LOL, if it's a Harry Winston then i'd be locating it asap and making sure it was insured for the correct value!

http://www.harrywinston.com/

LOL, if it's a Harry Winston then i'd be locating it asap and making sure it was insured for the correct value!

http://www.harrywinston.com/

Bloody hell.. you're not kidding...! Get it insured ASAP! :)

This was my first expensive watch quite a while ago, don't wear it any more, don't really like it much now

rado-integral-jubile-ra10855.jpg

And this one is more recent, I don't think many of you will like it 'cos it's digital but I really took a liking to it

tag-heuer-microtimer-men-watch-2.jpg

I really do like watches but I just don't seem to wear them so I don't buy them as I probably would if I did wear them.