krishen

My very very lucky escape

Guess you lot are much kinder than me. Anything smaller than a 6 year old child and I ain't swerving :lol:

Nah but honestly it's just about putting your own safety first. Growing up out in the sticks seeing nice cars smashed to bits because they've tried to miss a bunny rabbit brought it home for me.

But do avoid badgers they do a he'll of a lot of damage!

Phew !!

I swerved to avoid a ( already dead ) dog in the road a few years ago , i put two wheels on the verge , span across the country road i was on and shot head on into a ditch which barrelled rolled the car several times with it ending up on its roof.

Like you i was lucky to not be hurt but my wallet took a hit, and the mrs got a shock when she turned up to collect me . As she rounded the corner she could the reflection of my no. plate upside down facing the wrong way in the bottom of a ditch.

To make it worse the feds had it recovered as people were stopping to see if anyone was inside even after i'd gone home so the recovery fees were higher than they would have been the following morning when i'd planned to sort it out.

It was interesting sitting upside down held in by my seatbelt before opening the side window and sliding out on my back as the roof had been crushed.

Lucky escape mate, glad youre ok

next time though.....just hit the fuc*ing fox eh? !! :salute:

Damn that was lucky you got out when you did.

I had to do a double take at the number plate as my Corrado is reg G918 AFH - only 2 digits off!

Jeez you are lucky, good to see you escaped unharmed, do you think abs would of helped in this situation? I locked up the brakes on my mk2 a couple of times (although it was my stupidity in those cases) and its a scary feeling, but that must of been a whole new level of fear!

Wow, incredibly lucky escape, glad you're ok!

I totally know the feeling, my very much cherished and much worked-on Polo GT got written off because of a pheasant (I stopped, the guy in the XJS behind me didn't), it's so hard to keep driving when an animal jumps out :(

Ive got some T Cut if you would like it... nearly full so should do ya :joker2:

seriously though, glad you are OK & yes you are a very lucky guy. go straight to the news agent & buy a looto ticket!!

I never seen a Mk2 in that sort of mess. Glad you are here to tell the story. So easy to say smack the fox, but how many people duck when a bird flies out of a hedge. I know I do and it is involuntary reaction. That micro second is hard to plan for and predict.

Graham told me what had happened and looking at those photo's I can't believe how lucky you were! So lucky that you were able to jump out of the car before the second car hit you!

That being said i'm a little sad, I have fond memories of that car, it was my partner's first car after passing her test and for the two years before we sold it back to Graham it never let us down!

The pro-fox hunting crowd would probably be disappointed that you swerved!

Graham told me what had happened and looking at those photo's I can't believe how lucky you were! So lucky that you were able to jump out of the car before the second car hit you!

That being said i'm a little sad, I have fond memories of that car, it was my partner's first car after passing her test and for the two years before we sold it back to Graham it never let us down!

The pro-fox hunting crowd would probably be disappointed that you swerved!

Ah yeh sorry. Car seemed very solid and i couldn't believe how well it pulled (first time mk2 gti driver). Was very impressed especially when it emerged the engine had done a lot more than the 153k showing on the clocks.

Damn fella you are definately lucky. Good thing you got out before the 6 series hit, those things are tanks! I remember my mates sister was in a 206 when a 7 series hit her side on... Result: 7 series needs new rubstrip and a bit of filler (new bumper at a push) and the bonnet had popped open, Peugeot near side quarter disappeared, drivers door mangled to hell and roof had to be cut for her to get out!

Either way take it as a sign and get yourself in a corrado! :)

Ah yeh sorry. Car seemed very solid and i couldn't believe how well it pulled (first time mk2 gti driver). Was very impressed especially when it emerged the engine had done a lot more than the 153k showing on the clocks.

I think it had been showing 153k for about 6 years so quite a bit over 200k which made its power pretty impressive! But then again, if a little legend of a car is going to die, it might as well do it in style!