carrots

doors frozen

ive found on a very cold morning the doors freeze closed and you have to pull hard on the handle.as you all no the handles can break easy so has anyone got any tips on something to put on the rubber seal

As above but with mildly warm water. By the time you've returned the jug/kettle to the kitchen, it should all be done. :thumbleft:

I guess the logic should be to either avoid any moisture in the seal from freezing or help it defrost (apply alcohol based product) or stop moisture from accumulating (apply oil or wax based product).

Chris

A wipe over with Autoglyms vinyl and rubber care also works a treat, plenty of silicon to stop the moisture sticking to the seal.

We normally use silicone spray here in Norway.. :)

One spray, and my cars have all been okay for the rest of the winter..

Edit: We use the spray on dry door seals of course, if they are wet or icy I dunno how it'll work.. Put the car in a garage if possible, or dry the door seals somehow, then spray.. :)

I'd heard vaseline wasn't so good for the rubber long term. Glad someone else asked this as after got into the car at -7 degrees this morning need to get something to sort out the stuck seals as don't think it'll be long before either a handle or a seal dies!

Silicon stick that looks like the old shoe polish bottles. Work the bottle around the seals,leave on and forget. Makes sticky and frozen doors a thing of the past.2-3 quid Max and lasts for ages

X2 this stuff really works !

You can buy this exact product from VW for about half the price - part number 00V 096 310A

Been using it for years along with the genuine lock lube and washer fluid - never get any issues getting into the car!

You can buy this exact product from VW for about half the price - part number 00V 096 310A

Been using it for years along with the genuine lock lube and washer fluid - never get any issues getting into the car!

Just tried ordering some of this but my VW dealership said they couldn't find any record of that part number! D'oh!

I copied that from the bottle but it's just called a 'Rubber Care Stick' 75Ml

---------- Post added at 1:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:44 PM ----------

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/accessories/car-care/000096352D/volkswagen-winter-car-care-kit?mark=beetle-2012&offset=10&previousCategory=car-care

Cheers - will have another go - the guy did say that the part number on the bottle doesn't always link back to the part numbers on their system!