Johnny H

Resetting The MFA??

Hi Guys.

Is there any way of reseting the MFA?? Its just i can seem to do it, i've tryed holding it in but thats all i've tryed.

I want to start the MPG to 0 so i can see how much i use going to work.

Thanks Johnny.

Just hold the switch down(towards the column) until it goes back to zero

I've tryed that, maybe i'm not holding it for long enough then.

Hold it for longer with more force. My 1 setting seems really slow/stiff compared to my 2 setting.

Just to clarify, it is NOT the button on the end of the stalk you push, but the MFA selection slider on the face of the stalk. It should be marked 0 1 2 0. The first zero resets the MFA1 readings, the last zero the MFA2 readings.

Where does the MFA get its MPG feed from? Recently my 'current trip' (setting 1) only occasionally works. It just sits at 99.9 most of the time. I ran a tin of BG44K through it so expected it to improve slightly, and its happened since then, but dont think its that good! lol.

Edited by seanl82

Where does the MFA get its MPG feed from? Recently my 'current trip' (setting 1) only occasionally works. It just sits at 99.9 most of the time. I ran a tin of BG44K through it so expected it to improve slightly, and its happened since then, but dont think its that good! lol.

There is a vacuum pipe that goes into the back of the clocks if it comes off you get 99.9

Doh............ Will have a look to make sure its on properly. Cant wait to try reconnecting the speedo drive after. :bonk:

Cheers bud.

Just to clarify, it is NOT the button on the end of the stalk you push, but the MFA selection slider on the face of the stalk. It should be marked 0 1 2 0. The first zero resets the MFA1 readings, the last zero the MFA2 readings.

Thats it mate, i've done it now.

Thanks Guys