daves16v

Corrado Short Shifter

Any chance you got another?

Was considering selling the Rado so sold a couple of bits, then I came to my senses

Any chance you got another?

Was considering selling the Rado so sold a couple of bits, then I came to my senses

Don't have any at the moment, afraid it's down to folk not sending them back.

I don't suppose you can send me the instructions so I can dismantle it in order to send mine to you? What turnaround are we looking at for it? Thanks

I don't suppose you can send me the instructions so I can dismantle it in order to send mine to you? What turnaround are we looking at for it? Thanks

Phil,

Can you PM me your email address and I'll send the install guide. Looking at about a week turnaround time.

Dave

Don't have any at the moment, afraid it's down to folk not sending them back.

Sorry I have one I owe you. Can you PM me your address, I think I've lost it..

cheers,

Eventually got round to fitting short shifter easy enough to do with your great instructions. Now the one that was on my car seems to have been am amateur attempt at one ie they just cut some from the gearstick which means it no longer has threads!!! I'm not sure this is any use to you Dave however if it is let me know and I'll return to you.

My old one is now on its way back to you.

Thanks again for making these up...massive difference over the original shifter.

I can tell there is a difference in the shifter even after so long of not using it! Just need to fettle it now lol

Hi

I'd like to go for one please.

Do you have any ready?

Jim

Hi

I'd like to go for one please.

Do you have any ready?

Jim

Rare that I have any ready these days, not enough folks send theirs back. Best thing to do is send a £10 deposit to secure the next one which could be towards the end of this month.

Just another reminder to those who have bought a shifter to send yours back as I've got others waiting.

Thanks.

I have a couple spare mate if you need them

Ok I'll let you know if I don't have any luck with return shifters. How much would you want for them?

Hi Dave

I have just seen your classified ad, sad times to hear you are moving on :(

once the rado is gone do you have any thoughts on continuing the supply of your excellent upgrades?

Hi Dave

once the rado is gone do you have any thoughts on continuing the supply of your excellent upgrades?

If the demand is there then yes I will continue to supply.

Hi Dave

excellent news thank you :)

Good afternoon, Dave [and, by association here in this thread] g0ldf1ng3r,

I fully echo g0ldf1ng3r's nice sentiments [as above] of yesterday...

...as I too had had a "
blimey...
" moment c10:30pm on Sunday night when your
hot-off-the-press
Panjo Listing popped up in the classifieds page, when I F5 refreshed it

and where i recognised straightaway in the lead picture, your angled drive, where we first met back in Nov-12 when I came over [in my then ABP 16v] for you to
"weave your magic..."
on it with your "
clever as a fox with two tails
" short-shifter, handbrake tunnel fixing and 2x door handle repair kits

where :

1stly ]
what a lovely chat we had over the duration of your magic... and where I learnt so much from your encyclopedic knowledge-base in that brilliant couple of hours

2ndly ]
I drove away very, very happy indeed with my now short-shifted gear change, and the handbrake tunnel plastics well & truly silenced

3rdly ]
even though your VR had stayed in the garage, I knew [even before I'd hopped, skipped & jumped the short distance back round to the M1 Jtn 25 southbound, that your level & style of Corrado ownership was what I should henceforth be patiently aspiring to...

... and indeed, I've continued to follow your brilliantly-educational thread with avid interest & aspiration ever since that Nov-12 afternoon

Had I not just very happily acquired [ie, two weeks prior] a peachy 'factory standard' ABP VR6 then I'd have been unavoidably drawn to the highly alluring "Buy Me Now" button on that Panjo Listing to snaffle there & then your fabulously maintained & subtly enhanced & engineered [in my opinion] "best in class" [and indeed, put better : "oozes class..." VR

The timing of peachy VR6 sale opportunities never ceases to amaze me , where one can go for ages without the perfect prospect presenting itself, then [for me, in terms of what I'd been patiently waiting on] two such perfect prospects pop up like buses [ie, the ABP one that I'd snapped up "in a heartbeat" some two weeks earlier, and then your highly classy-enhanced one ]

someone's going to acquire an absolute peach in yours too, and I'm sure we're all watching & hoping that it [most appropriately] remains in the Forum fold, and thereby gets maintained & cherished
" in the manner & style to which its become accustomed..!
"

And that brings me back to g0ldf1ng3r's well-received appreciation comment this morning about your willingness to still supply your excellent upgrades :

excellent news thank you :)

because that's exactly where I'm at too in terms of there being demand for
"your excellent upgrades..."
, because on my
VR6 'To Do' list
is to have been getting in touch with you to enquire, please, if you'd be happy to do a repeat of our Nov-12 supply & fit arrangement on my new 'stead' ...

... plus me coming away, additionally, this time round with a nice basket of other stainless fixings et al [that you've so brilliantly developed for Others' benefit ] ...

and where the climate should be warmer this time [!!] than that chilly-but-dry November afternoon, ie I've got late September in mind, if that might sit well with you :

??
Dave, will it be Ok, please, for me to ring and/or Private Message you separately about the prospect of a repeat job, and a day that would work for you ?

Regards, Thanks & my Appreciation of both your car as well as all the education your thread has provided to me :

meeting & chatting with you some three years back conceived my aspiration to aim & progress to your level & style of ownership, and I'm "
pretty damn chuffed
" to be writing here that that I've patiently followed that lead, and now have a peach of my own to proudly "point & shoot" across the [my fave] A50, then a brisk canter up the M1 and into the 'opens-before-ones-eyes' Nottinghamshire vista

where "
something good always seems to happen VAG-wise..
" when I cross the border into Notts !!

Robert

Kind words Robert, thank you.

Yes please send me a private message with your requirements, looking forward to it.

Dave