Kevin Bacon

Trimsport Rear Strut Brace

I have one hanging around in the garage needing a home. Trimsport stopped making them about 5 or 6 years ago, so they're trick to come by now.

If someone crosses my palm with 55 doubloons, I'll post it to their house. Or 50 collected.

Yep, it's the proper one that fits Corrados ;)

Bidding war, bring it on

:lol: I'm serious, I've been trying to get one of these for years

I'll pay £70 posted:p

Really?

Wasn't expecting a micro bidding war, but if you're sure, PM me your address :D

Really?

Wasn't expecting a micro bidding war, but if you're sure, PM me your address :D

PM coming :thumbleft:

Parts for Sale are open forums, and we encourage open communication. It is the seller's responsibility to update the thread with full details, including informing when the item is sold. The Moderators and Administrators cannot assist with any disagreements. You all have driving licenses, and therefore should all be adults. We hope you'd be able to work it out amongst yourselves!

Suppose anything goes then lol

Inline with the yellow banner at the top of the page, the item has been sold to BILLCOR.

On a more personal note, apologies to subcool. I normally operate on a first come, first served basis but these days I can't afford to turn down extra money if it's offered.

What are your thoughts on bidding wars on here then? Acceptable? Out of order? I like ham? :D

ok fishwick no probs you have to do whats best for yourself i,ll just know better next time..

Could a picture be put up of the item and maybe some dimensions iv been thinking of something for a while now just need to see what it looks like

Cheers

£80 posted lol

only joking

Edited by KADVR6

My apologies for jumping in like that :o

If its any consolation to subcool, I can offer a brand new stainless strutbrace that I bought 2-3 months ago.

Cost me £85, I'll let it go for £65posted

Edited by BILLCOR

It's none of my business but I think it's a bit out of order tbh, fair enough if you advertise something at £60 and someone offers £50 then someone else offers the asking price. But if the asking price is met I think it should be first come first served!

Just my opinion :)

It's none of my business but I think it's a bit out of order tbh, fair enough if you advertise something at £60 and someone offers £50 then someone else offers the asking price. But if the asking price is met I think it should be first come first served!

And mine, bullpoop tbh. Thats life I guess, no honour left in some folks

My apologies for jumping in like that :o

If its any consolation to subcool, I can offer a brand new stainless strutbrace that I bought 2-3 months ago.

Cost me £85, I'll let it go for £65posted

PM'd :)

I disagree. First to pay first served.

At the end of the day cash is king. If a sale had been organised and a payment was just outstanding them yes I'd say that was bad, but when two offers appeared in such a short amount of time then no.

It's not a playground where first dibs is gospel. He had two offers and chose the best one. You win some you lose some. Maybe giving the opportunity to match the offer would have been more correct, but the amount of items I've personally had for sale where I've been messed about, I only mark am item as sold when cash in in the bank - not that this would have happened here. :(

I would have been gutted to lose out but on the otherhand I would have done the same as Mr fishywicky. Times are tough boys and girls :|

Edited by P3rks

all i will say is i would not be well pleased if i had said i would have something at asking price, only for someone to offer more and it was accepted, an asking price is an asking price after all.

little bit surprised you did this Kev after all the hassle of the old classifieds, and the mods being p'd off with people not following the rules.

I thought this was a friendly internet forum not Wall street !!!!!! Enthusiast Owned are you Gordon Gekko in disguise.

I have to say this is leaving a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, I thought this forum was a bit different and there was a gentlemens understanding in place that once a person had expressed an interest then they did have first dibs.

As for a payment being outstanding !!, jesus only 12 minutes had passed before subcool was gazumped, I am sure if fishwick had PM'd subcool he would have paid promptly he wasnt even given the opportunity.

Just my two pence worth.

PM'd :)

I disagree. First to pay first served.

At the end of the day cash is king. If a sale had been organised and a payment was just outstanding them yes I'd say that was bad, but when two offers appeared in such a short amount of time then no.

It's not a playground where first dibs is gospel. He had two offers and chose the best one. You win some you lose some. Maybe giving the opportunity to match the offer would have been more correct, but the amount of items I've personally had for sale where I've been messed about, I only mark am item as sold when cash in in the bank - not that this would have happened here. :(

I would have been gutted to lose out but on the otherhand I would have done the same as Mr fishywicky. Times are tough boys and girls :|

Honouring the first offer would have been good though, or offering the chance to match the price.

Would be interesting to see the result if this had happened to Fishwick or Billcor when either of them were first in offering to purchase something at the sellers offer price. £15,000 on a house purchase maybe - it is a known war mongering game there, but £15 on a suppossed friendly Corrado forum to a relative newbie.

Some weeks back there were various Forum folk running around for someone who's Grandad was having a nightmare time with their Corrado - all for nothing.

What a difference a few weeks can make.

I thought this was a friendly internet forum not Wall street !!!!!! Enthusiast Owned are you Gordon Gekko in disguise.

I have to say this is leaving a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, I thought this forum was a bit different and there was a gentlemens understanding in place that once a person had expressed an interest then they did have first dibs.

As for a payment being outstanding !!, jesus only 12 minutes had passed before subcool was gazumped, I am sure if fishwick had PM'd subcool he would have paid promptly he wasnt even given the opportunity.

Just my two pence worth.

Just years of experience with selling on forums. It's just a business minded way of looking at things. I know it's morally wrong but years of being messed about jumping through hoops for nothing has taught me first to pay buys. I highly doubt that would have happened here, but like I say two offers I'd take the best offer. A chance to match would have been fair. But things obviously happened quickly and payment was made with little thought.