daleyboy

Performance Direct, cheeky beggars...

I have a classic policy with the above company, its renewal time, my question is should they be taking the full amount out of my bank account without contacting me, a week before my insurance is up ? Im really peed off they have done this, am i being touchy or are they being cheeky ?

You should have recieved a letter letting you know there will be a automatic renewal.... Is your address the same as in your policy? Happened to me once

I got an e-mail, im more peeved it was a whole week before the renewal date, you can understand a couple of days but a week ? They wont allow any engine mods, and i wanted to put my schrick on which means i wouldnt renew with them anyway, so i have to phone them to get my money back.....

That is cheeky..... insurance companies are scuzz! The name performance direct makes me laugh too, no mods allowed!

It's the same with a lot of companies with annual renewal, inc break down cover, pet insurance, broadband etc etc. Unless you specifically tell them not to take the money out, they will. Should be the other way round. They don't take it until we give them permission to.

The whole financial governance in this country is a feckin joke. Direct Debit with utility companies is just a license for them to take what they want, when they want. The basts.

Go back to cash. They'd have to come to your house and physically collect the money like the good old days :D

I usually manage to pay for these things with a credit card I know will expire before renewal .. or a card I'm about to cancel. Seems to make my life a lot simpler that way!!

There is a 21 day (I think) cooling off period with insurance so you should just be able to cancel and get a refund, and get shopping around.

I had a similar thing on my contents insurance with the AA and as others have said you can cancel it. I still got charged £30 though as an 'admin charge'. Swines!

They said they dont allow engine mods, it maybe that general phenomenon when dealing with insurance companies, that the answer depends on which member of staff you speak to.

Anyhow i told them that i didnt want to renew, and asked for my money back, then whilst being transfered from one person to another they cut me off, then i called back and spoke to about four people gleefully going round the houses, then they said can we call you because the person you need to speak to is on the phone........

Here we go i thought......

Then ten minutes later they called back, and said the money would be in my account within 3-5 days.........lets wait and see..........

I am suspicious of insurance companies, maybe im paranoid, but maybe you need to be...........

All this aggro just so i can fit my schrick,which has been gathering dust under my bed for two years.........

Anyway a call to Footman James and they quoted £308 with the schrick and all other mods, but i cant drive it between 10pm-6am. good, i finish work at 10pm just goes to show you cant have everything maybe my boss will let me leave early ?

No i dont think so :), its one of those peculiarities of having a classic policy, does feel like your mum telling you to be home by a certain time though..........