K Simmonds

Ideal boost gauge for G60's, matches VDO's.

I'm fitting Three Aux gauges of the type fitted to Audi coupe ect to my G60, in the bottom of the centre console. All my car's have had or have them them fitted over the years. Either as standard being an Audi, or custom fitted in the case of my VW's. I've fitted all my Golf GTi MkII's (X3) as well as both my previous Corrado's with a set.

In my 'new' Corrado I'm fitting Audi VDO Oil pressure and voltage gauges but felt a boost gauge to be of more use than an Oil Temp gauge as the car already has a digital one as part of the MFA. I was stuck for a Boost gauge to match and I feel a boost gauge to be a far better choice than an oil Temp gauge in a G60.

I'm a fussy sod so everything has to look as close to OE as possible.

I found this on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370600697592?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It's a near perfect match with the VDO's and has a scale that's spot on for a G60. Quality is very good, better than expected.

Edited by K Simmonds

I'm fitting Three Aux gauges of the type fitted to Audi coupe ect to my G60, in the bottom of the centre console. All my car's have had or have them them fitted over the years. Either as standard being an Audi, or custom fitted in the case of my VW's. I've fitted all my Golf GTi MkII's (X3) as well as both my previous Corrado's with a set.

In my 'new' Corrado I'm fitting Audi VDO Oil pressure and voltage gauges but felt a boost gauge to be of more use than an Oil Temp gauge as the car already has a digital one as part of the MFA. I was stuck for a Boost gauge to match and I feel a boost gauge to be a far better choice than an oil Temp gauge in a G60.

I'm a fussy sod so everything has to look as close to OE as possible.

I found this on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370600697592?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It's a near perfect match with the VDO's and has a scale that's spot on for a G60. Quality is very good, better than expected.

Good spot although 2 bar is a lot of puff for a G-lader to put out!

Can you buy special heater vents with 52mm gauge holes in them, or do you have to butcher your existing one?

SWG supplied bit of kit IIRC, but ironicially only available for early cars: linky

Can you buy special heater vents with 52mm gauge holes in them, or do you have to butcher your existing one?

I bought one of the SWG ones,it was utter crap,it took half an hour of dremling to get the hole round,then to my dismay,the vent didn't even fit the vent holder !

I just cut a hole in one of my spare grills.

hey i have a question about my supercharger or my boost gauge, i just repAir my supercharger an everything seems to be fine with it i put everything new on it but after install it my boost gauge barely reads 2 psi, and i can barely feel the difference before and after the rebuild. any advice?

thank you.

hey i have a question about my supercharger or my boost gauge, i just repAir my supercharger an everything seems to be fine with it i put everything new on it but after install it my boost gauge barely reads 2 psi, and i can barely feel the difference before and after the rebuild. any advice?

thank you.

Ups.... Something might have gone rong.... If your boost gauge is fitted properly, start thinking what has gone rong

Ups.... Something might have gone rong.... If your boost gauge is fitted properly, start thinking what has gone rong

yeah i know usually i do everything

to my ride but i asume i cant deal with this so better start looking for a proffesional person to check the car and do the job for me.

SWG supplied bit of kit IIRC, but ironicially only available for early cars: linky

No irony as only early cars needing them unless a charged VR

Stewart Warner gauge's are very good quality and look OE

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/gauges/sw-turbo-boost-gauge-mechanical

a good PSI boost gauge really (ive got it fitted with the SWG airvent above)

Stewart warner are a decent gauge but dare I say VDO vision if you want OEM standard. Personally just fitted a stack as I had it anyway and that looks ok (mounted in centre vent with homemade panel for bottom of the console for volts and oil pressure)

yeah i know usually i do everything

to my ride but i asume i cant deal with this so better start looking for a proffesional person to check the car and do the job for me.

Dont take it to

a proffesioal.... You learn with your mistakes... If the car is running then no major harm has been caused. Double check everything youve done

Dont take it to

a proffesioal.... You learn with your mistakes... If the car is running then no major harm has been caused. Double check everything youve done

yes that what i was thinking the car runs good just like it was before the "rebuild" i already check for vaccum leaks and even

clean the intercooler before put everything together now i gotta start thinking which could be my problem

yes that what i was thinking the car runs good just like it was before the "rebuild" i already check for vaccum leaks and even

clean the intercooler before put everything together now i gotta start thinking which could be my problem

Sounds like you either have a minor Vac leak or less likely a blockage/pinch in the pipe work to the gauge somewhere to me. What are your MAF fuel readings like compered to before and after you took it apart to do the charger?

Regarding others posts, yes Stack also do a very nice gauge that's not a bad match to the OE Audi 80 items. It's 50 quid though, which is fair enough for a quality item. I very nearly bought one before I spotted the one I linked too.

The VDO Vision is a near perfect visual match for the Audi VDO, I just couldn't find one with a scale a liked.

My reasoning behind the one I have purchased is the face matches the VDO's extreamly closely, Red needle with white writing. It's in bar, with 0-1 at the center top of the scale which is the normal boost range for a G60. It also has -1 vacuum, which helps with economy driving.:o

Edited by K Simmonds

AUX gauges ready for installation. Used the same back plate for them as I used in my last LHD G60 Eight years ago so has an element of nostalgia. It's going to be painted Matt Black this time with black counter sunk Allen fixings, as opposed to shiny alloy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58741[/ATTACH]

Here we go, first test fit complete, the Allen screws will be replaced with andoised Black items to try and look as OE as pos.

Going to experiment with different bulbs/LED's to get as good a match as I can to the factory Green back lighting.

please excuse the pic's, taken in a rush and I had problems with reflection.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59065[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59069[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59073[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59065[/ATTACH]

Edited by K Simmonds